You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Paranormal Healing?

Real Ghost Stories

Paranormal Healing?

 

I have many stories, one of which I am (almost) dying to share... But I will write that next time.

This happened while I was in a pub known as ' the angel inn ', which is not to far from London, south side of London. Addington I think to be precise. A beautiful pub, the place I had undertaken my first ever paranormal investigation, with which results were so compelling we had to return the following year, not to be disappointed.

The first year, which was my first investigation. We were standing in the bar area. I was leaning against the bar listening to a medium talk, when I saw what looked like a white see through image run at the speed of light through the bar into the kitchen (you know, the bit of the bar you can lift so to enter the bar). It was so quick, but I knew I had seen it. I darted my eyes around to see if anyone else had noticed it. I noticed one lady who had just taken her vision from that area away with a concerned look. I knew she had seen it, but still as it was my first investigation I was unsure if people would think I was crazy. So I didn't say anything for 40 minutes. I was with my mother, (I was 25, now almost 27) on this investigation and figured if I tell her, at least she won't think I'm crazy. But strangely, after I told her, and she told the group leader, the leader replied that a woman in the group had moments before just told her that she saw the same exact thing. This woman happened to be the woman who I knew had seen it.

Later, before leaving the pub, the landlord told us of a few "claimed happenings". One included that many people, while sitting at the bar, had seen the figure run through the bar into the kitchen at the flash of an eyelash. The fact it was reported and the landlord had not known I had seen it, and the lady who reported seeing the same event at the same time as I did, did not know I had seen it was more than enough proof for me to know I had not been seeing things.

There were a few hotspots in the pub reported by many people over the years, and we came across them. One being the Lady's toilet. As it was my first investigation, I wanted at least 1 minute alone, despite it being in the contract I signed that this is not allowed.

Everyone went into a different room, but I lingered at the back, so as to stay in the bar area on my own for a few minutes. I did this, and while in one area, standing, I smelt a distinct baby sick smell. We had been there hours, and no one had reported it, after 5 seconds it had gone. Upon telling people, no one could then smell it. I thought this strange.

The story I want to tell right now was the same place. But on the second visit we had taken to this beautiful pub. My scientific researching friend and me were taking pictures and temperature readings, when he had asked me to take a picture of the ladies toilet door because when pointing in that exact direction the camera refused to allow him to take a picture. This is not uncommon for investigations. So I happily tried myself with my own camera. It also refused to let me take a picture, but after 15 seconds I was "allowed". So I thought I would stand next to this door, as the landlord had said many people have reported things near this door, and our group - before knowing of the landlord's tales, had reported similar feelings in this area. It was regrettable, for me to have stood there.

After a few minutes I began to feel uneasy and sick. So I left the area to a different part of the bar. Without thinking I decided to stand exactly where I had smelt baby sick scent on the previous visit one year earlier. While standing there I began to feel worse, so much worse I could not stand. The feeling was horrible, I cannot explain. I have never felt it before or since. I sat on a chair and told the group how I felt. One of the two mediums known as Jo (very skilled in what she does, I have to admit) said I need healing and began to do this. I had no idea what she was going to do, but after a few minutes, for a few moments I began to feel like an illness was literally being pulled out of me. It gave me a huge shiver through my body of which again nothing in my life could I compare, at the exact same time she said, " whoa I don't want it! " Implying that she had felt the feeling come out of me and towards her. I began to feel better, but not totally. She had removed the sick feeling, but I still felt dizzy. Energy less. A feeling I had never experienced, sure I have felt dizzy in my life and sick, but this was different. I was starting to hate this feeling, sitting holding my hands saying in my mind over and over again " I wish this would just go away, this feeling ". When I lifted my head from my arms after continuously thinking this way, I saw a blue light, touch my arm. It was in the small shape of a hand. Ten seconds later I felt fine, I could smile, something I had not done for 20 minutes up to that moment, I was simply unable to do, I had felt so bad that I had almost stood up to go outside many times. I believed the moment it happened beyond personal doubt that something had just made me feel better. Something that was not of this world.

I told the medium about the occurrence, and she said that people had reported earlier of seeing blue lights in different area's of the bar, although what I saw touch me was more describable, it was a blue hand, that of a child/girl because of the size of it - I believe.

To make it feel even less coincidental, the other medium had picked up on a little girl's spirit in the pub without my knowledge.

I really believe the girl had been looking at me for a while and genuinely felt like she wanted to help, or held a feeling of concern, and like a child might, gently touched my arm. Maybe with or without intentionally doing so, did actually heal me.

It was a remarkable feeling, 20 minutes of complete discomfort of which I cannot explain or had never felt in 26 years, to instantly disappear when I saw this blue hand touch my arm.

It was a long drive home, but I spent the majority of it with a smile.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beavis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Sorry Ghost, I rambled a bit maybe. I've a habit of doing that when trying to explain paranormal occurances of my life.

I guess to sum the story up in short, blue lights had been witnessed by members of our group In the pub (I was unware at the time), I had a energyless/dizzy but not dizzy, drained but not drained, horribly uncomfortable feeling that I to this day cannot put words to describe.
I knew it was b... I was certain that it was because I had opened myself up on this particular investigation mentally, and then proceeded to stand in the hot spot of the location for a lenghty amount of time.
This caused me to have these feelings, of which I was telling myself over and over that I don't want to feel like this anymore.
As I lifted my head from off my arms that were on the table, I saw a blue light in the shape of a small hand, touch my arm.
I definately saw saw it.
The transformation of my feelings was instant though, and they were feelings that should not dissapear in a swift second, I believe. I felt fine after, and I believe that a spirit there could see/hear me in so much distress that he/she helped me... If intentionally to help me - I don't know, maybe just an attempt at a warming touch on the arm, to let me know I would be ok.
Whatever the intention (if I'm right that what I saw was indeed a spirits hand), it certainly healed me.

Hope that explains what may have confused you, thanks for reading;D

Ps.
I also believe that almost every location is haunted/visited by spirits, just some are not willing/able to show they are there.
What I mean is, as many people have said... They are pretty much everywhere, imo.
ghostbeliver (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
your story confused me a bit but yes it was very interesting. My sister live in south hall London and her house is also kind of haunted, I guess whole south hall is haunted. Lol ❤
GOD BLESS
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
demon... Damn, I don't know what to say to that comment:)

I have seen... 2 spirits/ghosts (each with witness) and also what I described in the above. Actualy I have still yet to tell the craziest moment of my life, but I think I will do tomorrow.
Anyway, to the point...
Ive seen, heard, felt - many things, but mostly on investigations while looking for such (with a good team)... But its nothing regular.
You sound like you have great pyshcic ablilities too... And being in the same room as 3 mediums at work, each giving me 100% proof with their work (100% proof in my mind anyway)... I think you could, if you so wish - put good use to this ability you seem to have.
demonslayer (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
This is a very interesting story. I'm new to the site and I'm glad to hear of others who have had similar experiences to mine. I see, hear, and feel beings around me all the time. Nobody else does, though, so I went through a period of time when I wondered whether or not I was just hallucinating. I deemed nay on that one, because they'd tell me things, things I shouldn't know, things that were right (they've even helped me on tests, haha). And now, I have an entire town wondering how I never get sick, how I walk about the streets at midnight in the dead of winter in shorts and bare feet without obtaining some sort of virus or illness.

I've also wondered whether they're not really beings, just energies of the universe? Because I've learned not only to communicate with them, but to USE them. I can be stronger, quicker, smarter, or in some cases, heal myself. And on that tangent, I've considered the possibility that it's all psychological. But alas, I can see, hear, feel, and sometimes smell them. I'm happy to hear that there are helpful spirits for others as well.:)
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
death -
I never tried to get the spirit to heal me, I believe it just kind of... Happened. Sounds interesting of what you say, am now curious as to how you know this information:P
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
tonith -

Well yeah, I was embarresed about my hair on 1 investigation and a few people laughed, and it felt like something was tickling/playing with it half way through the invest. It was moments after that a medium had sensed something very close to where I was too.
And it annoys me when you watch something like most haunted when theyt scream at everything that happens. Maybe they are asked to do that for tv purposes but, it seems a lil stupid for people with such experience.

Kim -

The nickname is a school nickname from a long time ago, I still use it online I guess (despite the occasional "wheres beavis" etc type comment... Or worse)
And yes, many visitings and experiences have occured on and off investigations throughout my past, but more so in the last 5 years. I currently don't have time to attend investigations and well the group I was with is no longer running, but when I have time I will join another. I have one in mind. It does help to have a group who trust and are friendly with each other, and of course at least 1 experienced medium. I think I went on about 6-7 investigations with one group and from all the first season most haunted programmes, quite literally on almost every investigation it seemed to supply much more evidence than they show on that program, or taps. I think a lot had to do with Jo, the group manager and also very spiritual lady, table tipping and ouija boards were VerY successful when attempted.
Anyway, without getting too sidetracked...:)
DeathxByxEyelinr (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
getting a spirit to heal you is a wonderful experience. When you get really good you can use the spirits energy to heal... Its quite simple actually.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Thanks for replying. I guess the spirits just take a liking to you even on bad hair days lol. Sensitive people make good investigators. Most people who are investigators would love to have your experiences while it would make others run in the opposite direction. I think one has to have their head on straight to investigate and not get freaked. You seem to do that with aplomb. Keep us posted about your next investigation. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Butthead,
What an interesting screen name.

I have not read the others somments, so if I am repetitive, please forgive me.

I have heard of mediums doing and participating in healing, but never anything of an other wordly nature such as the blue hand that touched you and healed you. I shudder to imagine how long it may have taken you to heal if this blue hand had not touched you.

I did reasearch (well, a little) the inn you describe and with its age and history, I am not at all suprised that there has been occurances there.

Do you have other visiting or ghost hunting you have participated in?

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I'll have to take time out to go and visit the pub. It is a pretty one, seems very calm on the outside.
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
i can't remember the history, but this link shows a pic of the pub. Its beautiful inside too.:)
Http://www.theangelinnaddington.co.uk/

I think Jo said that once I had a sensitive side, I have picked up on a few things that phsycic's and mediums did, but nowhere near on such a regularity. You are probably right that I picked up on something, that or I was maybe standing to close to an energy of which the result was the way I felt. But how the feeling dissapeared within 5-10 seconds of seeing this blue hand shaped light touch my arm, seemed for me to be too co-incidental, seeing as the feeling had been going for a good 20 minutes previous. The remainder of the investigation I felt fine.
I have no idea how far the sensative side extends, if I even have one, but one story of which I want to write about, I had picked up on something without realizing (while not on an investigation) and then sure enough what I had picked up on decided to show itself to me not to much later afterwards. I believe I can sense things, and have seen many things, but to actualy hear things has something I have not yet done. Well, not without other people hearing them too. And yes Jo was definatly drawing energy out of me that had connected to me, I felt it almost pulled out of me, which was a very strange feeling.

The only history I can remember being mentioned was that it was once used, or part of it - as a barn for horses, mediums had picked up the smell of barn/hay that would be found in such a location, (I could not) before they were aware of this.

Tonith,
Nope the symptons you describe have never happened to me before, except once in a ridiculously haunted location, where something started playing with my hair (I had a bad hair day, it was way over long and the group laughed when I turned up), and moments after I had a serious dizzy spell. Also at this place I think we held the most successful table tipping of all time, (I could not push it alone with my fingertips, it was that big/heavy) the table was moving so fast in circles and in directions we asked it to, that running around in circles with it made me dizzy... So you can imagine the speed it was moving!)
Anyway sorry, getting sidetracked.
Rook, nice middle name;) to be honest I don't like my surname, but then... Who ever really does: (

"please done use abreviations such as the letter you -yo"
How dumb do I feel, I just wrote this qoute as it was written by the webpage, not allowing my wrong abreviation and after finding the wrongly spelt 'you' word, only to spend 5 minutes wondering why I couldn't find the 2nd wrongly spelt you word, I finally realized that I had wrote it in this qoute above.


😳
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
she probably did ask you to hold a stone whilst healing you, crystal healing. 😊
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Sounds like this pub is really haunted and you got to experience it. I know high emf readings can cause some people to hallucinate, be dizzy and nauseaous, get skin rashes or feel extremely drained of energy. If this has never happened to you on other investigations than maybe this one was due to a real haunting.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
No need for apologies. The more details given the clearer the picture is of the time that things took place.

I still think Jo was 'drawing' energy out of you that had found some way to connect to you. Wether it got through the protection somehow, or it was you 'picking up' on something that happened in the Pub. Either way you ended up feeling really bad and needed help to move past it.

Oh and for what it's worth (not much but... 😊) My middle name is Butler.

Respectfully,

Rook
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
thinking hard now, when I smelt babysick the first time, when alone for a few minutes in the bar, I think in my mind I was kind of whispering 'do something'. I think the babysick smell was a response to this thought. Anyway, I'm often told I talk way to mcuh when I get started, sorry;)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
It very much does, and makes me even more courious in what happened to you during the couse of this investigation. Thank you for all the details.

Has Jo, or any other medium, said that you may be sensetive in any way? Visual, empath, able to hear spirits? I ask because you may not have been 'touched' by any spirits but you could have been 'feeling' things that they had felt when they were alive.

This Pub sounds beautiful, is there any history you can provide, other than what is in the story that is.

Thank you for your story, I hope there are more to come.

Respectfully,

Rook
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
your opinion seems like it could be accurate rook, but on all investigations we would never commence anything without the process of protection, before and after. And yes this process did contain picturing an white light circle around us. To be honest, that night I felt drained etc, it occured after I decided to stand next to a ladies toilets (known as the hotspot area of the pub) shortly after we had tried to take pictures with a camera of this door but the camera refused to co-operate, I decided to stand next to the door to obtain a temperature reading, but also any feeling that may occur. I began to feel not to great then, and well... It was then without thinking that the next place I stood was at the same exact spot I smelt babysick on the previous investigation 1 year earlier. I must note though, that it was the previous investigation I more " opened myself up to any experience " as you put it, because it was my first investigation and I was kind of expecting very little, also not knowing what to expect. The 2nd time we went back, when this healing that I speak of occured... I was not in the same frame of mind on this visit. I had been to at least 6 investigations and had seen, heard and felt many things that left me in no need to hope to see anything else. I understand what you are saying, and it makes sense. But as I just said, it was the first investigation of where I more opened myself up to an experience. Yet, all investigations the proper protection was taken place both before and after. I always wear a cross around my neck, but I have done that for the past 15 years now. I guess when I stood next to the ladies toilet, I was kind of hoping to feel something, and from what I can remember the feeling at that moment was quite oppressive and unusual. But it was moments after the camera refused us to take pictures which led me to believe something was there, being why I stood there. Maybe this caused the entire feeling, because I left there when I felt uneasy... To stand in another place (a place I smelt babysick on the previous visit), but the feeling then began to get worse. It wasn't just a drained feeling... An feeling I can't explain, but I know I hated every moment of it.
Thanx for your response anyway, hope this helps to answer your question.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
One thing that stands out to me in your story is that during both investigations of this Pub you opened yourself to 'any' experence that might happen. May I ask if while doing this you protected yourself in any way? (wearing a cross, picturing yourself surrounded by white light, even a 'charm braclet/bag) If not then what you felt was a spirit (s) reaching out to an open mind and the result was overwhelming to you physicaly.

The spirits pulled upon your energy making you feel at first ill. Jo tried to help by 'pulling' their energy from you, as she did 'they' turned to the next closest source of energy, this being Jo herself. When she felt that she said, " " whoa I don't want it! " " and sent it off somewhere... This left you feeling very drained and less than yourself. As you said to yourself " " I wish this would just go away, this feeling " " the spirit (s) relized what they had done and at least one of them comforted you. (the blue light and the touch of the little girls hand.) This doing a great deal to help you feel better and more like yourself again.

Of course this is just my opinion on the matter. 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
oh and if I remember, I think she asked me to hold a ceartin lil stone while she did it. I think 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Hi thank you describing the healing process, it is one that is out of this world.

Look forward to reading more of your stories.
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
oh and yes, readings were taken of irregularity throughout the place. I have no doubt it was a 'phantom' odur making me aware of its presence, the babysick smell... Because in my mind I was simply asking for it as I have this thing that I like the excitement of experiences while being alone, something 10 years ago the meer thought of would make me poop my pants.:) there is a picture inside the pub, which was taken infront of the pub, which contanis people who shouldnt be in it, like from a different time zone, standing in unsual positions, they simply did not belong in the picture, literally. And while leaving the pub, in the exact place in the picture where you see someone who simply does not belong in the picture- standing infront of the pub, I saw an orb at the front of the pub in the exact same place. I kind of felt that was an way of saying bye *s*. I don't know, but the place is beautiful, and full of activity.
butthead (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
james-

I mentioned the moment on the first visit of where I smelt babysick because this was reffered to me at the time as a hotspot in the bar, and it was this exact same place I stood where the unpleasent feeling of light-headedness and uncomfortableness began to get worse when I stood the 2nd time... I have felt ill before but this was more uncomfortable, id rather simply have the flu!
It was a lil weird though, when I smelt the babysick on the first visit, it was a very distinct and recognizable smell, and it was next to the table where the group had mainly been sitting (including myself) for hours previous to starting the investigation, and the smell was never there before, during or after I smelt it. And no it wasn't me! Haha. Yet for 1 minute while I was alone, it was very strong, wwhile in my head I was kind of asking for something to happen (as it was my first invest ever) and dissaapeared 30 seconds later when I returned to try and gain smell of it.
That group has perished now, I had been on about 6-7 investigations, but strangly, when not on an investigation was when the most crazy thing ever happened to me. I will write about that.

Ghostlover-
Do you ask how jo healed me, or how the spirit that I claim healed me?
All I know is, that when sitting there with my head on my arms ontop of atable, wishing this feeling would go away over and over again, when I lifted my head I saw a small blue light in the shape of a small hand touch my right arm, between my elbow and shoulder. Within a few seconds I felt fine, and I'm not exagerreating when the feeling previous was one which was of such discomfort I was unable to smile. If you ask how that spirit healed me, I don't know. I think it saw the groups concern of me and my own distress and just tried touching me, if it be a lil girl just wishing to comfort me (my thought was this), but well... The feeling dissapeared completely. I was amazed to be honest.

Surya-

Well I didn't drive home, I got a lift, but I was sat in the back and each time I look at the moon I could only smile. It didn't freak me out at the time, and it didn't after. I stil believe that it was the spirit of a lil girl who simply wanted to comfort me, and no I won't forget that experience.
What Jo did, was well... I couldn't see her face... She sat me down, stood behind me and (from what I can remember) put her hands on my shoulders. I couldn't see her, she wasn't massaging me or anything hehe, but after about 1 minute suddenly a 'kind of' shiverwent through my entire body, but an irreguler shiver I have never felt b4. At the same time Jo did say " woah I don't want it! " implying that she was beginning to feel it come out of me and to her. I don't understand the healing complex to much, but Jo had been doing it for years pretty successfully. And when I told someone with knowledge about healing, that I felt a shiver I can't explain, she replied with " yep, that's healing, when someone done it to me I felt the exact same thing".
Sorry I can't go into more detail, it was near 2 years ago now, and like I said, she was behind me. She removed the sick feeling but not the lightheadedness and discomfort, but I didn't want to make the invest be delayed any longer so I pretended I felt fine. But I'm ceartin in my own mind that a lil spirit girl finished what she had started.:)

Thanx for readin anyway, just thought id post this because I think it might be more of an unusual occurance.
Thanx for reading ya'all, I joined here because of one particuler story I want to share, which I will do soon. Take care, and have a happy new year;)
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Adam Butler--A very interesting admixture of events during your team investigation. You raise issues that disappear in the blue hand healing. What did you make of the sick smell? Was it yours or a phantom odor, perhaps related to the ladies' room? What of the girl? Were there other diagnoses or readings from the members on the team? Any further investigation planned? And what have you made of it all, now that you've had time to reflect? An interesting night, and thank you for telling it.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
That was a great story!
It is interesting. How exactly did she heal you? That is one scary experience!

Truthfully, I probably would not go home smiling! 😆

If you have any questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Take care! ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Hello butthead.

Firstly I would like to say I really enjoyed your story. I would really like yo know what Jo actually did yo heal you. That is very interesting.

I am glad you drove home smiling though, I bet that is an experience you won't be quick to forget.

All the best.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: