You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: I Was The Spirit In The Police Helicopter

Real Ghost Stories

I Was The Spirit In The Police Helicopter

 

On a sunny day I was sitting on my bed doing my college school work. I had a full schedule a Cypress College (Cypress, California (U.S.A.). I lived in Anaheim with my 2 little boys. I had them go on vacation for that last semester.

I sat reading my journalism text book. I was sitting up with the book in my lap... All of a sudden I could see into another realm as clear as day even though I could also see that I was still sitting on my bed. I was in the sky. I could see over a helicopter, for some odd reason I was descending into the helicopter, I could see a Hispanic man as the pilot who was literally going out cold. He fainted. His body went limp and he was out cold. I was a spirit but seemed physical.

As I ascended, I could see a Caucasian man as the co pilot-passenger. He was looking straight ahead very calm even though there was fear. He had a buzz hair cut or an army style hair cut. I ascended right into the pilot's seat and took over. I realized that I was in a helicopter that was going straight down. I was terrified. I pulled gears switched every button I was almost in tears, we were about to hit a one story building even though there was a parking lot to hit instead. I didn't want these men to crash. I could see out of my Peripheral (side) vision, that the co-pilot had slowly turned his head to the left to look at me.

He starred for a few seconds. I made eye contact with him briefly, he continued to switch up gears out of frustration. After those few minutes, He then looked straight ahead with no emotion. He believed it was over because the helicopter was still falling straight down and fast even though a spirited person somehow came into the helicopter.

I turned the wheel of the helicopter to the right over and over. We were about to nick the building. Just then I saw a Latino man standing below. He had time to run, but he stood frozen in the parking lot. I panicked gain, this man would not move. He just looked up at the falling helicopter. Not running away out of fear. I was in disbelief that the helicopter was going to crash into this parking lot pavement and that the helicopter would also land on this man. I knew this was not a dream. I was fully aware that I was also sitting on my bed in Anaheim, California in my apartment. I felt hopeless. My biggest fear, we crashed. From what I saw the helicopter nicked the edge of the building and then hit the parking lot.

The impact was a huge thump that went through my whole body, soul and spirit literally. I could see that the man below had taken the blow as well. The result of the crash was black rolling smoke and fire in a huge mushroom cloud. I was undone. I felt no pain just the overwhelming powerful thump. The co pilot was still looking ahead even until impact. The Pilot had already fallen asleep before impact even before I entered the helicopter.

I quickly came out of the helicopter realm and was sitting there on my bed. I believe I had a nervous breakdown at the moment that the helicopter hit the pavement. I was too overwhelmed to stay in one spot in my bedroom. I jumped up and ran out of the bedroom. I had to put my mind on anything except what I'd witness.

I turned on the T.V. and there it was LIVE on the news. I turned the T.V. off and ran out the front door of my apartment. I wanted to see life, people; sunny California skies. I stood up against the wall outside of the apartment. I was shaking. My neighbors who were a Hispanic family who played in a band saw me standing against the wall peculiarly. Juan asked what was wrong. I don't speak Spanish so I looked at him unresponsively. His brother asked me in English, I said nothing was wrong. They looked at me strange and went into their apartment. I wanted to go back into my apartment, but I was too shaken. I thought the residue of what just happened may affect me.

I walked across the street to the Texaco gas station. I went into the mart to look around. I was there for about 5 minutes. I made eye contact with the cashier as he was looking to see if I was going to buy anything. I walked out of the store.

I went back across the street to my apartment. I could not go into the apt. I sat for hours on the steps of my apt. I finally went in. I prayed to God; please don't allow me to do this again. It felt like my spirit was still in Los Angeles at the crash scene, even though I could not see over there anymore.

I would not turn on the television for fear of having a breakdown. I watched my children's movies to get my mind off of this. The overwhelmingness was taking too long to subside.

I grew depressed in between watching the children's movies, and though over and over, I was inside the helicopter to help but it still crashed. I couldn't stop the crash, so why did I somehow end up in the helicopter. Why didn't the helicopter function after I tried to help? What was the purpose? I sat and thought how overwhelmingly scary this was for both of the men in the helicopter. The pilot literally fell out before impact and the co-pilot just looked straight ahead and knew that this was it-especially when he realizes that I could not help them. Then my mind played back to the man who was standing below.

I fell asleep early in the morning and slept all evening. I felt better. I felt that I could cope somewhat. I had to be in my right mind to complete this last college semester.

I didn't read my L.A Times news paper in the morning. I tossed it over the banister. I knew what I was going to find on the front page or second page.

Every day I tossed the paper over the banister and then dropped it in the trash on the way to school.

After a month I was back to normal, I felt.

I Was The Ghost In The Police Helicopter

6 years later, I decided I was strong enough to read upon the news paper article. I went the Aliso Viejo Library in Aliso Viejo, California. The librarian helped me and told me that this was the last year for a microfilm from 1991. I had a chance to find this article.

I looked and looked and could not find anything. She helped me look but we still could not find the article. I began to think that I was one who had passed on previously and that what I saw was simply another dimension. (My earlier post; dead or ghost explains that sometimes we don't know who is the living) I wanted to try one more time.

I found it. The entire article, there was the pilot and there was the co pilot. These were the people I tried to help. The copilot had the same expression on his face. He looks straight ahead with no expression. The article was very long. I have a small piece of the news here. I then realize that this was a police helicopter and that this was an elementary school that I was trying to avoid hitting. I see another article that identified the 3rd man who was standing on the parking lot.

Today Jan 11, 2009 I found new information. They named an airport after these 2 police officers.

The 2 Fallen Police

http://www.odmp.org/officer/227-police-officer-gary-alan-howe

http://www.odmp.org/officer/226-police-officer-charles-randall-champe

L.A. Time Article

The man on the parking lot 1

The man on the parking lot 2

Airport Named after the Officers

God Bless these 3 men and their families.

Other hauntings by SarahS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SarahS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SarahS (guest)
+2
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Oh my Lord is this so? Your uncle did not feel a thing. I took over and felt the impact for him. He just saw the copter going down and went out.

God bless you.
dagarebear (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Gary Alan Howe was my uncle, I was born in 1993 so I never got to meet him:' (. I was named after him, Gary Andrew Howe. I miss him even though I never met him...
SarahS (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Hey Blank: Do you have any idea how I even got into the helicopter? I don't know these people who were in the helicopter, (but I don't know a lot of people who say I helped them). The plain crash is in the L.A. Times newspaper. It is a very long article. They are interviewing a few people that saw the copter coming down. The main photo that they added was really horrifying. The smoke is a huge black mushroom cloud and an officer is running from the scene for help or something. The odd thing is that this copter was coming straight down-not swirling down. I believe that is why the guy below didn't run. He probably thought the copter was going to somehow float down at a certain moment like a copter would do when it lands. I don't know.

I've never been this devastated in my life and I'm a pretty bold person. I think I may be in 2 worlds on a constant basis. I have had too many parallel world situations.
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Sarah this one was cool. I believe in this. For everyone else out here let me propose this. "Our body is made up of cells, our brain is made up of neurons, likewise our unconscious mind is made up of psychons." These psychons can travel ahead of you, most people see haunted buildings, people who lived in houses for many years still stay at the same place with their psychons revolving there. This can happen when the person is alive too. There are instances that happened. Guess I made some sense, please feel free to ask me on anything regarding this. And Sarah it was a good read, keep posting.
Dantheman (7 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
i don't see how its possible, but very good story =) but I have heard of thigs like that happen before.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
I have to say that I have heard of out of body experiences (im sure they are called differentley) but this one is a first for me. But I have to say that itt must have been a terrible experience. To see those men die. Just horrible. Thats why we should allways look at life differentley. There is allways a beggning and there is allways an end. We just never know when that end will come. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I just hope you never have to go through something like that again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
thanx for sharing a picture showing. Firstly what is
"college school" work mean?. Thanks for sharing the links. Very spooky experience of yours. But why did you feel like that? Any way
My blessings,
Kiranchandra
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
Sarah S--What a heart-shattering,mind-bending, perception-altering experience that was for you. It's understandable why it had a grip on you for so long, and that you still recall it with such clarity. It would be interesting to learn how the experience changed your attitudes about living and what you have since thought about dimensions we normally don't tap into with such powerful bewilderment.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: