You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted K9 Unit Of Police Station

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted K9 Unit Of Police Station

 

This story takes place at my Mother's work in the building that houses the K9 Unit and the Radio Control Room where the 10111 emergecy (also known as 911) calls are taken.

First I will tell you my experience in the Radio Control Room so please bear with me as this story is a bit lengthy, but its worth it.

Before this room became the 10111 command centre it was the Logistics Office where my Mother worked as part of the administration staff. The layout is pretty simple: It's right at the end of a very long hallway. As you enter through the large wooden doors with clear glass panelling, you walk directly into this massive room housing the employees.

When I was around 12 years old my Mother fetched me after school and took me back to work with her as she was working late that night and didn't want me home alone until late. I don't remember what time it was, but it was already dark outside. Bored with myself I sat in the middle of the room and spun myself around on one of the office chairs. I had a clear view of the door and all the way down to the other end of the hallway thanks to the glass panelling.

As I spun around and faced the door I saw a man, right at the other end of the hallway, walk from left to right. As he did this he looked directly at me before entering the small passage that lead to the other offices on the other side. I ignored it thinking its just another employee working late like my Mom, besides the lights were on in that side of the building so there must be someone working, right? Wrong! Again, the man walked by, but this time from right to left and again he looked directly at me. I mean this was like 2 minutes after he initially walked from left to right and we didn't hear any doors being unlocked or locked.

I turned to my Mom, who had her back to the door, and asked her who the man was. She asked me to describe him to her: Tall, white man with dark hair and a slight belly. He was wearing a blue and yellow checkered shirt with beige work pants. She told me not to worry about him and come and play Mario Bros on the computer next to her.

Later on, a few years later, I overheard my Mother telling my Aunt that John (not real name) was walking the hallways at work again. As I continued listening I realised she was talking about a paranormal event and I, loving the paranormal, asked her to tell the stories.

This is what she said: There was a man working on that floor who suffered from deep depression. Somehow he got hold of one of the officer's firearm and shot himself in the mens toilets. The suspicions were that the firearm was given to him, but the investigation died off. My Mother told me that she believed I saw him that night roaming the area where the mens toilets are. She didn't want to let on that I scared her that night so she just said not to worry. Now that I think of it I remember there was something odd about the way he was walking. His legs were moving, but his body didn't move with the strides he was taking. It was kind of gliding.

Forward to the beginning of this year (2012).

The old logistics room was now converted to the 10111 command centre. On this particular night there were 3 ladies on duty taking any emergency calls that got diverted to the command centre. The woman sitting closest to the door said that she kept hearing footsteps up and down the hallway, but it's not possible as the entire floor is locked off by a gate on each end of the hallway. This was done to ensure no uneccessary noise during dealing with emergencies. Anyway, the other 2 ladies evetually heard the footsteps too, but none of them were brave enough to go check it out as they know the story of John. After a while the 2 older ladies bullied (in a friendly way) the youngest of the 3 to go see if the Captain in charge over them didn't come upstairs to check on them (he has a key for the gates). She went to go check it out and walked all the way down to the other end of the hallway and came back quickly reporting that no one is there. Now the ladies are starting to get a little freaked out.

Later during their shift, and after the footsteps died down, one of them needed to use the ladies room. She was too scared to go on her own, but knew the other 2 couldn't leave their post in case calls came in. She manned up and went to the ladies room, which is situated opposite the mens room on the other end of the hallway. When she tried to leave the rest room the door wouldn't open. This door can only lock from the inside and the latch was open. She got so scared that she cried and banged on the door. Luckily the other ladies heard and one of them ran down to the toilet and opened the door without any hassle. The lady that got trapped was pretty shaken up, but decided to remain until her shift is over.

Haunted K9 Unit Of Police Station

Eventually their "lunch hour" arrived and the lady that was trapped inside couldn't shake the feeling of being stared at. The others told her it was just due to what happened earlier. While having her coffee she decided she was going to use her BlackBerry to take some pictures of the office they were in to see if she could capture anything. She only took about 3 pictures and when she looked at them, there VERY clearly, you can see an apparition!

At first look, just above the head of the lady wearing the black shirt, you can see the shape of a face. It's a misty apparition, but the features of eyes and mouth is there. If you look closely you will see that the apparition seems to be standing between the 2 women as the woman at the back (with the black shirt) has a misty blurr over her right shoulder.

If you can't open the link then feel free to few it on my Twitter page (Shlain86). It's the last tweet I sent so you should be able to find it easily.

Let me know what you think!

Other hauntings by Shlain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shlain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cloudzuc (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Shlain...I just had to tell you that this is one of the most convincing photo's I have ever seen, wow! Thanks for the post 😊 Cloudz
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
Whoa Creepy He seem Angry was he angry in life? Just wonder cause I can see the picture that he look Angry.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Fergie - I've had paranormal experiences myself, but for some reason I'm still chicken and would probably have [at] !#* myself lol

Psychicmama - I honestly don't know what the ladies' responses were. All I know is they were all wary after experiencing what they did.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-24)
What a great story! I would not want to be locked in that bathroom! Thank you so much for sharing the picture!

What was the ladies' initial reaction to the photo? Friend or not, I'd feel a little wierd working there.:)

Thanks for sharing.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-21)
Shlain, my abject apologies... I hadn't been back to this account to check! I'm a double dodo now, aren't I? 😕 😉
Nice one! That REALLY is creepy!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-16)
You guys can be right. I was just putting out the possibility that it could have happened.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-13)
Vidya, Geetha

By locking the lady in the toilet? Well I can guarantee you those 3 ladies are firm believers now! Lol

John was truly a prankster. I do not think its because he's out for revenge.

2 of the 3 women knew John and when they recall this experience laugh and shake their heads at John's silliness.

Thank you for your insights and comments girls
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Maybe when he died he wasn't much of a believer himself, and saw no hope or other outcome due to a lack of faith.

But when he died he got a job to make believers out of people now by allowing them to get touched from the other side.

Think about that.

LOL

Interesting theory isn't it?!
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Re gheeta

"That was cool and creepy at the same time. But I seriously don't think it was cool for the lady who got locked in the toilet."

Maybe she was not a believer and needed the greater scare for her own spiritual evolution.

"About the gun, I think gun rules have become more strict as time goes by but I wouldn't be surprised if something like what you said happened. Could it be possible that the one thing (besides the actual suicide) that is holding John back is the fact that he wants revenge on the guy who assisted him on the suicide?"

I don't think he is hanging around for revenge, it looks like he is having fun scaring people and making his presence known.

Perhaps it is another spirit pretending to be him, like some type of angel or demon playing pranks on people to make them BELIEVE to bring them closer to God or some spiritual purpose!

Who knows maybe when he died he got made into that messenger perhaps - haunting with a mission/purpose.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-12)
Well he sure as hell made a believer out of them, it doesn't matter if he was a suicide case or not, he did his job from the other side!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
That was cool and creepy at the same time. But I seriously don't think it was cool for the lady who got locked in the toilet.

About the gun, I think gun rules have become more strict as time goes by but I wouldn't be surprised if something like what you said happened. Could it be possible that the one thing (besides the actual suicide) that is holding John back is the fact that he wants revenge on the guy who assisted him on the suicide?
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Fergie, now a days the only time an officer needs to hand over his weapon is when he resigns, is suspended or it needs to go in for ballistics. They get gun safes now a days to put their firearm in at home.

There are so many ways to get hold of a weapon. He might have gotten hold of one that was in the firearm storeroom, but one officer was strongly suspected of giving it to him to keep while they were off duty at a work function they went to directly after work.

I believe John knows he's deceased and enjoys his afterlife pranks to this day 😉
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Shlain: Things may have changed in the past 15 or so years... 😕

Back when I met my husband, cops had to hand in their guns, when they signed off duty. Their weapon was signed in, and kept in a safe, until they came back on duty... They always got 'their own' weapon back.
My point is; somebody must have been in for the 'high jump' when this suicide happened! How did they manage to 'brush it under the carpet'?

No wonder that John still haunts the halls!
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-07)
Fergie: John committed suicide about 5 years before my experience with him. Give or take a year. I know what happened was still fresh in the minds of the employees as they haven't forgotten about him. So roughly 15 years ago.

Gary: I'm sure if I knew back then it was a spirit I would have begged my mother for us to go. I'm just happy he showed himself to me in 'human' form and not covered in blood or something like that.
Gary25 (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
This story scared the living tar out of me! It was a good story. I might actually get nightmares after reading a scary story for the first time ever! 😨
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
Hi Shlain, how lucky that lady was, not to be working night shift alone! To be locked in a toilet, must be absolutely terrifying.

How scary to think that you had seen this 'man' previously. How long has John been haunting this building?

Thanks for sharing Shlain.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Thanks guys! I will mention to this lady the responses her bravery has gotten on this site for taking that picture.

When I first saw the picture I was just staring at it in disbelief. It's almost like he posed for the picture knowing she is the one freaked out the most after what happened to her.

Rozo, it's like Triden said, the guy was known to be a prankster while alive. This was before his depression set in though. He was known to have a very dry sense of humor.

Shlain ❤
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Rozo
The first time I saw that pic I couldn't decide if it was a man or a woman, until Shlain told me about the guy committing suicide. I really think he likes to make girls squirm in that building, serious prankster.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
lekker Story Shlain!

And the pic you can clearly see him standing there... Almost looks angry to me a little huh?
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-03)
Shlain
That picture is sooooooo creepy! Great story girly!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: