You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is My Piano Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Piano Haunted?

 

I am in an advanced computer class at my school, and my friend and I have decided to do a movie on ghosts. I'm here to ask if I actually have a ghost in my house. We are planning to stay up late, recording our data of ghosts in a room where my piano is. Here are some experiences of what has happened near the piano.

It was midnight, and I was trying to sleep. All of the sudden I heard what seemed like the piano playing. It sounded like my cat was walking on the low keys of the piano. I was scared to death and I ran into my brother's room. I told him what I heard and he reassured me that the cat had probably jumped on the piano. Sure, sounds reasonable.

The next morning I went to the piano to investigate. Where the keys are, the piano is shut. I asked my mom if she had closed the piano. She had not touched the piano, weird!

This story takes place last year, when I was playing the piano. I had no lights on but I could see because the lights from the kitchen were on. I was in the middle of playing a song when the lights came on. I turned around to smile, thinking that my mom or dad had switched the lights on for me. No one was there. I went into the kitchen and they were making dinner. I asked them both if one of them had switched the lights on and they said they both said no.

Christmas time we put our tree up by the piano. The lights were off, including the lights on the Christmas tree. I walked around the kitchen as my parents were making dinner. The lights in there turned on, turned off, then the lights on the Christmas tree turned on.

This happened a few days ago. I was playing the piano. I always have the feeling of being watched. There is a chair that sits right next to the piano. It sounded as if a coin dropped of the chair. The room is laid with carpet so how do you hear a coin drop on a carpet? There wasn't anything on the chair in the first place.

After reviewing my stories, they all seem to revolve around the piano. All my experiences started after I got my piano.

Maybe I will do some research from the piano store. Anyways, got any other ideas?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, discomuffin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
I once met what could be a Piano Ghost, I don't know whether the barn the Piano was being stored in was haunted, or the actual piano. I believe that the piano could be haunted, or maybe your house is haunted and the piano made you more aware of the presence in your house.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-14)
If the piano was previously owned by someone who has since passed it could be them.
betsy (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-08)
I was just looking online to see if anyone else had experienced paranormal experiences with pianos and found your story. I had a piano that I gave away to my nephew. A few months later my daughter and I started hearing piano notes coming from where the piano used to be. Sometimes it plays one note and sometimes it plays two notes. The other day I was sitting in the living room and I felt as if someone was in the room with me and then I heard someone getting up out of the chair because you could hear the leather cushions making a noise. After that the note played. I called my daughter to come it. (She is not a child, she is an adult) I asked if anyone was in the room with us to play the piano again. It banged on the piano loud right in front of our faces. I freaked out! I bought the piano new and am the only one who has ever owned it.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Hiand thank you for sharring this story with us. I realy do believe that objects can be haunted. Piano can be haunted aswell. Thank you for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Maybe your piano is haunted... Like perhaps the original owner has passed and really loved it and so he/she followed it to your home. If I were you, I would be grateful this ghost is turning lights on and not off. Haha. I don't like the dark... But either way, I would still be frightened. However, I don't think this ghost or spirit intends any harm.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Open the piano up. The coin you heard may have been inside on a small shelf like area and dropped due to vibrations when you played it. The lights turning on then off... Could be a circut breaker, could be a power surge in the area. Example: I used to live in an apartment where I had all of my electronics attached to remote control plugs ins that allow me to switch them on and off using a remote. When ever the power would skip in the area, when it came back on, some of the lights would be on when they had been off to begin with. Just something that had to do with the way the electronics worked. I'm not sure how your circut breaker in the house works but maybe something simular is happening. I would believe this long before any haunting.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
sounds weird but do you remember if you were playing a specific song at the time when the lights came on? It might be worth seeing if it likes certain types of music and reacts better to it
Thanks for sharing
Take care
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
this reminds me of an episode of Paranormal State I saw on A&E. These people had a Piano that was playing or something... And they were so scared of it they put it on their porch...

ANYWAY: I'm with Devious on this, Residual or someone that just wants to listen/play. How old is the piano?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-22)
Hm...my only theories are that this is either a residual haunting (replays of times when you played the piano or turned on the lights) or a friendly spirit, possibly of a relative, who wants you to be comfortable and turns lights on for you. Most people feel uncomfortable in the dark so it seemed it was trying to do something nice. Perhaps this spirit likes listening to you play the piano, and so it tries to do the same.

Either way, it doesn't sound negative in any way!

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: