You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Piano Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Piano Ghost

 

This is the second story I'll be posting. I posted the first one a few days ago but I haven't seen it up. Maybe it was not in correct format. If I don't see it in a couple of days I'll try again. The first one is about one of my earlier experiences with the paranormal. Like I said in the last one, I have had many.

I am a vocational nurse by profession and have worked for many years in various nursing homes as well as home health. Due to the stress and literally being around death dozens of times I am now working in case management. But the clinic that I work in now is also haunted by a couple of people who died here before it was a clinic, but that's a later story. Several times while working in these nursing homes I've had feelings of presences around me, especially right after a resident would pass away. However, there was this one nursing home where I had a funny encounter with a ghost that loved to play the piano in the sitting area for visitors of the nursing home.

The activity staff would always play music for the residents and most often the songs would be oldies and songs from the 40's. A lot of big band and Motown, things like that. Well I started to notice that when certain songs came on, the piano would begin to play by itself. Especially if it was Rockin Robin. It sounded as if it was being played by a child or someone who didn't really know how to play but tried anyway. As soon as that song would come on the playing would become more intense.

Not many people noticed this due to being too busy at work. But some residents sure did. They would just stare and look all over to see if it was something maybe automatic. One day as I was near the piano doing my med pass the stereo was on louder than usual and as soon as Rockin Robin came on the playing started. An office worker who thought the music was too loud came to turn it down. I said with a serious tone "I wouldn't do that; you might make the ghost mad". He looked at me like I was nuts. He said "what ghost?" waved me off and walked away. A few moments later when he was walking back past the piano, Bang! All the piano keys sounded at once. Let me tell you that the man jumped so high in the air he almost yelled, it was hilarious! He tried not to go near the piano again after that.

The ghost continued to play when his favorite songs came on. I never actually saw who it was, but many residents claim to have seen a tall black man in a red shirt wandering the halls at night. We had no residents or visitors who matched this description. I think this might have been someone who passed away there many years earlier.

I have a few more to tell and I will post again soon. God bless.

Other hauntings by cguerra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cguerra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
I know this is ages later but I just have to say this story went STRAIGHT into my favorites! I love it!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Cool story. I laughed out loud when you described how the office worker got scared out of his wits. LOL! I bet they had to pry him off the ceiling. 😆 Thanks for posting, and I can't wait to read your other stories. 😊
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Hi, Good comments. Yeah I thought the ghost had good taste too. He would sometimes play with out music but it sounded like just kind of tapping. When his fav songs came on it was like someone trying to play along. He also liked Duke of Earl. He played more when it was Rockin Robin though. Thanks. Oh, Brandon CR I will definitely check your story out. 😁
JazzRaym (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
lol that's fine, and better the man who wanted to turn the music down, go and do something funny with his dog. Cause he really don't know that ghosts are 'VERY' 'VERY' sensitive, if you make them sad they will start pissing you off, and will even come to your house. 😁
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
This ghost is awesome 😆 he has good taste
I ❤ RocKin RoBin!
BtW you sure are brave working in a place like that I'm sure there's pLENty of ghosties hanging around 😨
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
Hahaha I love it, well it showed him didn't it! Does it play by itself or only when there is music in the background?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
shinigamivixen (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Wow XD id love to see the look on that poor guy's face but as they say never piss off a ghost.
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Interesting, I recently wrotye a story for the sight, I just discovered the sight, my story is more of a series of events I experienced at my uncle's old house, one of the short stories was about a Ghost my cousin and I encountered who was playing a piano that was being stored in the barn behind the house, check it out when it is posted you might be interested.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Aisatsana
I love that post of yours ❤
Yeah ghosts should be treated with respect. I try my best to do so when I encounter them.
Aisatsana (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
I love how you told him the ghost might get mad. XD I treat the ghosts I've encountered the same way.

I tend to respect them and let them do what they want as long as they're not disrupting my life. Ghosts were once alive to so they should get the same respect.

Can't wait for more stories.:D
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-08)
Hi CGuerra,

Funny story indeed!, 😁 that guy got what he deserved! LOL 😜
Thanks for sharing,

Cheers,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: