You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp: The Dead Speak - And Sometimes Play Piano

Real Ghost Stories

Evp: The Dead Speak - And Sometimes Play Piano

 

I have another little story from our investigation of an 1800's "County Home" and "Lunatic House". This investigation was performed on 10-02-2008, at night, and with the permission of the County Historical Society. This place is now a Museum (it became a museum in 1978.)

Before I delve too much in to this story let me first discuss a pertinent subject. EVP is Electronic Voice Phenomena. Disembodied Voices imprinted on a recording device that was not audible to the ear at the time of recording. That is EVP. ENP is Electronic Noise Phenomena. Basically the same thing as Voice Phenomena but this is a non voice noise. Bangs, barking dogs... whatever.

An example of this is, I once went to a Cemetery and did my usual EVP work. On this occasion, I set up 3 recorders about 40 yards apart on top of different tombstones. Me being a former Military Man, I found a fellow who died in WWII in 1943 (KIA). Before I set the recorder down I explained what a recorder was and what he should do. I asked him what his WWII experience was like. I told him I was former Army. After the recording session, I listened to the Audio and on his tombstone, I recorded about 3 minutes of Gunfire and what I can only explain as LOUD gunfire (Artillery?). I never heard that out loud. The recorders set up (not on his grave) captured nothing. So, that is an example of ENP.

Sorry for the tangent, back to the story. During our October investigation, we recorded on the second floor of the "Lunatic House". Watch the Video and you will hear the "Ghostly Piano" playing. We did not hear this at the time. If anyone can recognize this tune, please let me know. A note here, there is not, nor ever has been a piano in the Lunatic House (or radio). However, next door in the Main Infirmary there is a broken Antique piano. One of the claims of paranormal activity by the staff is the Piano playing by itself. When they go to investigate, it stops before they reach it. Note the Piano is about 300 yards from us as the crow flies. It is On the first floor with countless rooms in between. Even if it wasn't broken, it COULD NOT be played loud enough for us to hear. Also, as I said, we never heard it.

In the video, I play the clip normal, then amped a little and Amped a lot on the third play. Be careful. The third play may hurt your ears.

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rossimac (6 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-28)
Appreciate the way you write, bro. I can't find the link however, to the clip. I'm on iPhone safari... I'll try to search it on YouTube.
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
i could only sort of hear something that sounded strange in the last clip
sammie (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
The first time I wasn't able to hear anything, just barly the second time but the third time it was loud and very clear. I am not sure where I have heard it before or what the song is called but I recognize it from somewhere 😐...Weird I can't put my finger on where I have heard it before but it sounds very fermilier...
little_love_lolo (4 stories) (33 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I'm on the same page as raincolor. I'd love to hear a clearer recording of the piano playing. Most EVP/ENP spooks me, but this is just awfully intriguing, and I'm dying to know what that melody is.
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
That was interesting. The little tune sounds familiar to me but I just can't place it. Thats going to bug me now. Anyways I always really enjoy reading and listening to what you post. If I am able to figure out/remember the name of the music Ill let you know.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
raincolor - That would be GREAT. Email me and I will send you the audio...
Evpresearcher [at] gmail.com
Thanks (Even if you can't find the song 😁)
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
I would be interested in hearing a clearer (maybe non-youtube) clip of the piano; I might be able to identify the song, or one of my friends might if I couldn't!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-26)
Oh,My! That was upsetting! I wasn't able to hear anything the first time then in the second play you can sort of hear something in the background but the third was quite clear!

Have you ever found out anything about who would play the piano back then? It sounds like whoever was "caught in the act" knew about music.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: