You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Crowded House 2

Real Ghost Stories

Crowded House 2

 

I mentioned quite a while ago some of the characters my wife and I are (were) sharing our home with (see: Crowded House). It wasn't until just a few weeks ago that I realized that something has changed. It must have been gradual because there weren't any amazing instances of doors flying open or messages written on steamy bathroom mirrors. Nothing of the like. It just feels different now.

It feels like my home is...

Empty.

When I realized this, I sat down and meditated; something I haven't done in a long time - I've just been too busy lately. But I made the time to do so a few weeks ago.

I sought out the middle-aged woman in my kitchen and dining room. I couldn't feel her there at all. The living room was also bare of activity (this explains why my keys haven't gone missing lately), and the middle bedroom, my den where I keep my computers, was devoid of anything of a spirit nature as well.

I hesitated sending my mind into the small bedroom - the one where the angry old man had been until I banished him - but I got the nerve up and searched it. There I saw something very small, very weak, and almost helpless. It seemed like a small ball of energy trying to hang on to its existence but I couldn't pin-point where exactly it was in the room. It always seemed to be the farthest away from me no matter where I moved my mind.

I 'said' "It's okay here. As long as you don't mean harm or want to cause trouble, you're welcome to stay." It was kind of odd for me because I've never actually tried to 'talk' to a spirit this way - using my mind. I've always verbally spoken what I wanted them to hear but when I 'said' this to this tiny little ball of energy, I could feel my own lips move while I was sitting on my living room floor.

Anyway, nothing seemed to have changed at all. The energy stayed small and never left that room until about a week ago.

I was sitting at my computer playing an on-line game, having a grand old time killing the bad guys (you gamers know what I mean), and I felt a finger touch me lightly on my left shoulder. Immediately afterwards it was followed by the feeling of a tall dark shape behind me - not threatening, but big in size and whatever it was said one word. "Andy". A deep male voice.

This in itself is another oddity. That is, indeed my name, but I haven't gone by it in 28 years. My wife doesn't even call me that. I consider it a four letter word (it's a personal thing, not related to anything this message board specializes in, so I won't mention why I go by Andrew now). There are only a few people alive that would call me that, and certainly a lot more that have passed on that would.

It's happened a couple of times so far, a few days apart, and everytime I turn to see who's there, there's nothing. Not even a glimpse out of the corner of my eye.

I've since meditated a second time in hopes of finding out who it is, but once again I only find that small weak spark in that small bedroom, and it keeps as far away from me as possible, no matter how reassuringly I speak to it.

There is one person that I wouldn't be surprised it being. I would certainly welcome him into my home, though the last time I saw him it was a foreboding experience (see: In The Beginning). If it IS my father, I hope it's not to send another message. If it's him to visit, he'd be greeted with open arms.

My wife and I have discussed several options of other ways to contact who this is, but I refuse to use another Ouija board or try automatic writing. That stuff just creeps me out now for some reason. There are other possibilities that I'm considering. If I do get the guts up to do something and find the results, I'll post them here.

I'm kind of nervous, really. I mean I've never actually gone out to find a spirit they've always seemed to find me.

Wish me luck.

Other hauntings by Grinder

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Grinder, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Sure, go ahead. And best wishes bro. Hope something good happens. Take care.
Grinder (5 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Thanks, all...

Yes, my wife and I want to be absolutely sure what we're getting. We don't want to leave any margin of error in case something (or someone) wants to pretend they're not who they are. We're still working on it and I may write the final part as another chapter instead of following up as a comment. I think it'll depend on what actually happens.

Thanks again!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I'm not going to make any suggestions at this point for two main reasons:

One, you are intuitive enough to know if this new presense is in any way related to "family" and

two, you need to choose the method of communication you're most comfortable and familiar with yourself. I would personally though be a little more suspicious about the identity of this new visitor until I have more evidence.

Good Luck Grinder and looking forward to your "findings".

Keep safe
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Grinder -
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I read the first part with the descriptions of your residents before I read this story.

Along with DeviousAngel's suggestion, you could also try using divining rods for spirit communication. I am able to sense a lot of spiritual presences, but do not have the sensitivity that my daughter does to be able to just talk with them. So, I use the divining rods. I've had my rods about a year now and they work well for me. I've used them in our home as well as in a haunted asylum we investigate in occasionally. The rods retain your own energy, so don't let others touch them - it muddies how effectively they work for you. Also, you will find after you use them to communicate with different spirits, you may find that you can tell by how the spiritual energy in the rods feel in your hands or how fast they work for you that you are communicating with different spirits. I've had the energy change in mid-conversation, and found myself "talking" with someone entirely different.

Divining rods are sold on different websites, and some are different than others. I bought mine at www.dianasmoon.com and really like them a lot.

Let us know if you find out more about your shy little ball of energy in that bedroom!

Thanks again!

Blessed be -
ParaTam
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Thank you for sharing your story. Mm, I'd be worried about the dominating tone thing...I'm not sure if that would provoke anything or otherwise scare it away. Sometimes it just takes time.

Have you tried using a pendulum? I know it's only yes/no questions but I've heard some people get good results from that.

Blessings,
DA
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Bro your cold blooded. Cool to hear that you are able to do things with your mind. Most of us use science and lose our sensory powers like telepathy, telekinesis etc. You have a grip on it. As far for the apparition you trying to communicate with, try changing your tone. A dominating tone would do the trick, it works most of the time. And please don't attempt any black magic stuff. They screw you up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: