You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Whispers In My Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Whispers In My Old House

 

Here's my second story. Hope that you'll like it.

This happened when I was 15 years old or younger.

I remember it was evening, which day I cannot remember. It was around 2-3pm. Me and my older sister spent the whole evening sleeping in the room. I was so tired this particular day. As tired as I was I could not get to sleep. I tossed and turned, moved left and right, forcing myself to sleep but to no avail. I gave up in the end and lay in bed staring the ceiling (my sister and I sleep in a bunk bed. I had the top bunk) daydreaming. I was interrupted by whispering noises outside the window which overlooks a car park. I got up and looked out of the window, thinking perhaps there was someone messing with me, but no, there was no one there. I lay back down and again stared at the ceiling at which point I heard giggles and sinister words like "come on, let's play". This really creeped me out especially as there was no one in the car park, I could nothing at all! My heart missed a beat.

Looking anxiously around the room forcing myself to think it must be my other sibling messing with me, although I knew that no human or living being could make such sounds. The sounds were like nothing I heard before I swear! I covered myself with blanket and unable to stop shaking non-stop when my brother pulled off the blanket and asked me what happen. I refused to tell him as my brother is not a supernatural-believer and it remains a secret since then, even after we moved away to the other new building. I do wonder if my sister heard anything.

Since moving I get a feeling whatever it was has followed me here to the new building where my family live. It does not only call out my name, it causes weird things to happen, like doors open and close by themselves, the doorbell rings at midnight etc. Sometimes I feel a cold touch on my back when I'm alone at home. Now it doesn't bother me anymore as we had our house blessed by the priest, but not long after that the haunting began.

I wonder what it wants with me? I want to ask but do not have the courage. I need help or advise, it still bothers me now and I cannot concentrate on my studies.

The trial exam is only a few months away. It has been 2 years now and it still won't go away so what should I do?

Other hauntings by anne_k92

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anne_k92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sejadasgirl (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
The first thing you need to know is that the eniety can not hurt you as long as you don't let it. You have more control than you think you do. This presence does seem like it followed you. Mabeit knew you in a past life. Their are occasions where a person knows somone that has been in their other life, that hasnt crossed over and that wants to communicate.
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-15)
sinobiah.
Hm, I think I did bring something from the old house, its a cute white teddy bear. I found it in a closet in my bedroom but I don't know who's its owner. Its hard to check bout the place's history as my old house are for teachers (my parents were both teachers) and we live there since I was born. Its a two storey flat with four rooms for four family. Back to the teddy bear, since we moved in, I've lost the teddy bear somewhere in the new house. So what should I do? About your burning the bone suggestion, I think I don't have the courage to digg it and burn it. 😢
Sinobiah (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Well, some people believe that certain objects can carry curses or spirits attached to them. Have you gotten anything from anyone? An object that maked you feel uneasy? Tyr looking into that. If you find it (and you will know when you do) you should burn it.

An alternative idea could be that there is a child or children that for some reason are following you around. They might not even know they are dead, believe it or not. Some people have put spirits to rest, that have had no idea that they had even died. Scary but true.

Or it could be an evil spirit. I know for me (and this is just my opinion) for Christian believers, the best way to get rid of a spirit, is to cast it out in the name of Jesus Christ. Ofcourse this all depends on how much faith you have!

Or you could do some research on the previous owners of all your houses, see if anyone died in there? Maybe kids? Seeming they are asking you to play, it sounds like children. Maybe they want your help... For unfinished business? People say a ghost will only let you see or hear it if it wants you to.

According to some supernatural legends, the only way to put a spirit to rest is to confront it, get a priest to put it to rest and give it final rights & path of way, or (which I doubt you will be doing) find the bones, salt it, and burn it.

Another way to keep them away from you is rock salt. Its one of the best pure forms of salt. Supernatural beings normally don't like it. This is also where the superstition of "throwing salt over your left shoulder" comes from.

Hope this info helps.
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
dear blank,
Yeah I'll try to talk to the grown up about these things (if they believe in what I say), and perhaps I can asked the priest to bless me. Thank you for your advise 😊

Dear DA,
Uh, I don't think I've the courage to talk to it. What happen if it is not a friendly spirit? My best friend father died without a reason (he's my next door neighbor) on sat morning, I don't know if it is the work of the "thing" that followed me here. He dies so suddenly, he was very young and healthy and leads a normal life, no one knows why he died.

Hobbyholly,
Yes, my brother found me like that, he was playing board games when it happen and immediately rushed to my room to check on me when he hear I'm crying (I didn't mention in that story because its embarrassing, hehe) . I asked my sister a year later (she transferred to the other school and boarding in a hostel, that evening is the last time she spend times with me), and she says yes she did heard the whispers but she didn't give it much thought because she thinks it perhaps my neighbor,Joyce. But I'm sure it wasn't Joyce, she went hanging out with her friends. Besides I know how her voice sounds like...
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
my cousin shares a similar story like this. 😕 It's very spine chilling...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
"when my brother pulled off the blanket and asked me what happen."-Was your brother in the room with you? Or found you like that?

I would also ask your sister if she has heard anything
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hello, thanks for sharing your story. There's a number of things you could do, really. Have you tried speaking out loud and just saying "leave me alone" or you could try to communicate with it and find out what it wants from you. If it just wants to harass you, you can have someone cleanse your aura or bless you, depending on what you believe. Best of luck!

Blessings,
DA
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hmmm, this happens to many people. Some people can sense apparitions and this sensing varies with each ones stronger power of sense. Some people with change in temperature, some see some hear voices and so on. You are of the third part and these things seem to be troubling you for a longer time. As for now talk to an elder and get yourself blessed. It works.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: