You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Experience - Crying Down The Dark, Uninhabited Street

Real Ghost Stories

My First Experience - Crying Down The Dark, Uninhabited Street

 

This is part 1 of a story explaining my first brush with the paranormal. The beginning the introduction to the place were a lot of my experiences have happened and how I came to know the area as being haunted. But, that's not all this is so bear with me, please. There'll be a part 2 to this.

My friend, let's call him Zach, lives out at the very edge of Keller Texas, one of the fastest growing suburbs of Dallas/Fort Worth.

In such a sprawling town it's a surprise to see that there are many darkly lit back roads and undeveloped areas around. But there are many.

Anyways, he lives in a neighborhood that's rather new, built in late 2006. It's one of those out of the way communities with large, monolithic houses that are very expensive. He's an only child so he has me and some others out at his place often on Saturday nights.

So it was around mid October and me and our friends (pseudonyms are being used) Matt, Ben, and Austin are over at Zach's. We were bored because, well, gamers will know there isn't much to do with a Wii besides playing smash brothers and that gets old. So we go outside for a walk at 7 or so. The last of the sun's lights are going down by now so we take some flashlights. After about and hour Austin and Carter go back but Me, Matt, and Zach continue throughout the largely undeveloped and uninhabited neighborhood. Now keep in mind these houses are big and ominous.

We'd never heard of any ghostly activity, but then again we'd never been out this late or really out at all. We had until 10 to walk around so we figured we should explore the back parts of the neighborhood were this community merged with an older one that contained older, one story houses.

We went to the very back of the neighborhood, where there was one blue, wooden house with a separate house with a green light that illuminated the street rather than a light post. We weren't scared but the green light wasn't helping the atmosphere. We turned down a dark street, maybe two or three spaced light posts and some houses at the end.

We walked down this street feeling uneasy about the lack of light when we walked by this completely unlit street. No lights at all, just pitch black. We heard sprinklers down in the distance as we were staring down the dark street. Zach kept going but me and Matt stood staring. Zach stopped and said, "Do you hear that?" Matt answered it was just the sprinklers but Zach shook his head and listened closer. From what I could see his eyes got real big real fast. I looked at Matt who was about to say something but stopped when he heard something. Just then I heard it too... Crying. From down that dark, uninhabited street, someone was crying. It sounded like a young girl, that's the only guess I have. And why any young girl (or anybody) would be down a dark unlit street without a flashlight crying at 8:30 at night is beyond me. So, not wanting to investigate who or what might be crying, we ran like hell back to the green lit house. We didn't stop until we got there.

I still get chills thinking about that crying...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ThatRandomGuy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bluegirl0506 (3 stories) (43 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-07)
DAANNG!
Pretty crazy! I think I would have went and tried to find the crying though... What if it'd had been some kid out lost or something?
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Haha, why is he so beast Matt? 🤔
As for Shaz, thanks for the comment. It makes me feel better
😊
kungpow12 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
shiat...that brings back some memories lol

And that matt kids sounds like a beast hahaha
Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
wow...that is eerie... I would of felt that same fear as you did... Your very brave.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
We've brought a camera elsewhere in the same area (We haven't gone back to this road at night) and it's to dark to see anything. BUT next time we go (hopefully this weekend) I'll be sure to bring a tape recorder or something. Thanks for the comment.
tascha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
hi I posted a reply yesterday but its not showing on here? Weird" anyways good story and be good to go back to the street with a camera an voice recorder. 😉
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Lol, I wouldn't mind but the challenge is getting the others to go...hell, I'm not to sure I wouldn't need some coaxing to 😜
Kelmo (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Awww...Come On, Man You Should Have Went Toward The Crying! Next Time You Go There Go Father!
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Seems like Part one... Part two... Fashion of relating a story has become quite popular...:)
Haunted86 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I would say she was lost trying to go home and I know how that feels like when your parents send you off thinking you'd know where you're going
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Waiting for more... 😉
This post isn't letting me send unless I add more to it so I hope this sentence has helped!

😆
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
blank: I'll be sure to ask them and post it in there own words.
Japdude3: Yes, once at dusk and twice during the day. There's nothing but open fields through most of the street but at the very end (3 or 4 miles down) there are some old houses.
Surya and hobbyholly: I hope part 2 clears things up for you guys
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Might be a prank. Might be a lost cat crying. Might be something more.

I think "part 2" will give me a better idea of what's going on
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
What an interesting story, I will off course wait for part 2 before leaving any comments.
Japdude3 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
I'm not doubting you, but it could have just been a little girl who ran away and/or got lost and was crying because she was afraid. Considering the bad feeling you get about it thought I would say otherwise your gut is usually right. Have you tried visiting that street again?

Best of Luck,
Japdude3
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-12)
Hmmm guess this wasn't that much of a paranormal experience, maybe it should have been someone playing a prank on all of you, or someone who was in trouble and you ran away without trying to help. Heyy if you still think it was something out of the ordinary would you feel free to post what your friends perceived from that. This would make my task a little easier. Thanks for posting this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: