You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First Encounter - Floating Woman

Real Ghost Stories

My First Encounter - Floating Woman

 

I always wanted to share my stories on this site before, but didn't have the courage to do it previously, part of the reason I believe is that English is not my first language and I may interpret my experience (s) differently to what had happened.

I have been experiencing weird things and sightings throughout my life, it all started when I was 6 or 7 years old.

In this story I will share my first experience with the paranormal it may not sound scary to you readers but trust me it was for me. We are living in a "Bahay Kubo" a house made of bamboo. The side where we sleep is towards the main road. When you sleep you can clearly see the road from the inside because the wall is just bamboo sticks crossed together, creating a wall with holes (I hope I explain it clearly hehe). That side is also our living room and if you are looking at the road side to your right is the kitchen and your back is where our parents sleep and on your left is the door.

We were sleeping on that spot, my little brother between me and my little sister, our older sister and brother sleeps near our parents. I was the one near the road side of the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night because of the sound of a woman humming outside, she was as I thought standing just outside our "Kubo" few feet away from me. Initially I was not scared, but rather amazed, her white dress is like floating I don't know how to describe it, it's like there is wind blowing it slowly so her dress moves "magically". I just looked at her for maybe a few minutes and she decided to move. She walked so I thought across the road when I realized that she was not walking at all, she was floating. This is the moment where I can no longer hear her humming and I can no longer hear any other sound but my heart beat. I was so scared and just froze there watching her. A car pass by really fast, I assumed whoever drove it saw her. No one believes me the next day, they thought it was a bad dream but I know it wasn't.

After that night, I experienced things I sometimes can't explain. I will skip some of my experiences but will focus on this floating woman instead. When I was maybe around 14 or 15 years old, I saw her again. This time we are in a bigger house. The house if you view it above is shaped like an L, the small line part is the living room and stairs and the bigger line is where our kitchen is, with a small room and bathroom. All members of my family, including my 4 siblings used to sleep together so they sleep in the living room while me on the other hand prefer to be alone so I sleep upstairs. There are 2 rooms upstairs, you can only access the 2nd room in the first room and I was sleeping on the 2nd room. I don't know why they built it that way, but that's how it was built.

Going back to our second encounter. I was about to go to sleep, still awake and just about to lay down when she suddenly appears at the foot of the bed. I was almost laying down so my feet are already on its position, but my upper body is still a little vertical to the bed. I froze, scared and can't breath the moment I saw her. She was crying, trying to tell me something. She said in our language the following: "...buligi ko,...ano... Nila" I can't understand her well as her voice was cutting in and out and with sobbing in English it's like "help me they did something to me"? Kind of thing. I just fill in the missing words honestly, because it sounded like that. I just told her that I can't breath and she is killing me by showing herself to me (weird and dumb right?) but I really thought I would die there because my heart feels like it also froze just like my body. I was just able to tell her something between heavy breaths.

Then fast forward 8 years. I was already working and one time during our team eat out a colleague of mine told us her scary experience. She said that she saw a woman wearing a white dress standing on the rooftop, she called the house haunted after her experience. That woman passes through the wall of the house I really don't know the entire story, but she was scared. I had her describe the house, it turns out that she was describing our house. I gave her my address and she confirms that it was the house she was referring to.

In present day, since we no longer stay in that house and due to multiple complaints from neighbors, my family decided to demolish the house. Thinking of this I just hope I have the courage to help her, what do you think? What would you do if you are in my position?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rebycedaj, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rebycedaj (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
5 months ago (2023-10-27)
Hi no_name_face,

Yes I am from Negros Occidental, somewhere in the south. Are you from this area too? And yes I am a native "hiligaynon speaker". Apologies as I am not so active for the past months or years, been busy with a lot of changes in my life. I might resume sharing my experiences soon.
no_name_face (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
1 year ago (2022-10-04)
Hi rebycedaj,

I just wanted to check where are you from? You've written in hiligaynon so I'm just wondering if you're from Negros.

I like the story btw. I'm lucky I don't see these kind of stuff throughout my entire life. I'd be freaking out for sure if that happens to me.
rebycedaj (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-21)
Hi Lost_Voyage_11,

Sorry for the late reply, the signal is not good in my husband's hometown. I spent my rest days and vacation days there and just got back here in the city.

Are you at all familiar with the land the houses were built on? It would be good to research the history of the property as best you can to see if anything ever happened there? - Not really familiar, but I am hearing hearsay but not proof of what really happen so it is not really valid for me.

If this entity actually interacted with you then it's not a residual haunting. A residual would be unable to actually interact with it's environment, it would be akin to a film playing over and over again. Since you only mentioned the encounter in your room only once, it doesn't sound residual, but I'm unclear on if she actually responded or reacted when you informed her that she was frightening you? - She tried to talk, then I tried to talk then she disappeared after sobbing for a few minutes. Like frustrated about what I said I guess.

Especially since others have seen this entity and you mentioned your family demolished the houses due to neighbors complaints. Were the complaints of supernatural origin, or something more physical, like the houses being an eyesore for instance? Perhaps the answers lie in your next story which I look forward to reading? - Some yes like they are seeing people inside but when they check it further there's none. There are times they can see that woman and they thought it was me, since I use to have a very long hair. My half brother is also our neighbors and they also mentioned that they are seeing things there which they cannot explain until we decided to demolished it instead. Well my family did. I was working in Manila when they decided do it so I can no longer protest. I like that place even if there are a lot of creepy things in there. As for Shaman or manggagamot as they call it, I am really not a big fan. I will write my story about it soon.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-06-18)
Hello rebycedaj, a fascinating yet unnerving encounter to say the least, thanks for sharing!

Are you at all familiar with the land the houses were built on? It would be good to research the history of the property as best you can to see if anything ever happened there?

If this entity actually interacted with you then it's not a residual haunting. A residual would be unable to actually interact with it's environment, it would be akin to a film playing over and over again. Since you only mentioned the encounter in your room only once, it doesn't sound residual, but I'm unclear on if she actually responded or reacted when you informed her that she was frightening you?

I'm not really familiar with your countries customs/beliefs, but from what I've read from other posters in that region, it seems steeped in superstition and a belief in the supernatural. As such, even though you don't believe anyone would listen to you, it seems that they would. I think your country has shamans, or people that specifically deal with the paranormal, mentioned by other posters, who could help. Especially since others have seen this entity and you mentioned your family demolished the houses due to neighbors complaints. Were the complaints of supernatural origin, or something more physical, like the houses being an eyesore for instance? Perhaps the answers lie in your next story which I look forward to reading?

I think you could seek help for whatever this entity is on your property, and at least find out what it is and provide help if it does indeed need assistance. Hopefully this helps! Good luck!
rebycedaj (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-17)
Hi Rajine,

Thank you for your comment. That is also my initial guess. But given the fact that I am not an expert on this there is also a big possibility that it is residual as what lady-glow suggested. If she is not, then I hope she found peace.
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-06-16)
Hi rebycedaj

Maybe it's a spirit of a woman who had something happen to her in that house and she now just wants to be able to move on.
rebycedaj (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-06-14)
Thank you for your comment lady-glow. For my family there are moments they think they experience something unexplanable. Like missing items in the house for example or wierd feeling of being watch but nothing visual. For the houses it is 2 separate houses but few meters from each other, the bamboo house I believe was built 1st then the L shaped house. Both are demolished now.

I agree with you on this "
In my opinion, the first thing would be to determine if you're dealing with an intelligent haunting or with a residual one. As for you trying to help, unless you research for ways to protect and prepare yourself; perhaps it would be better to ask for the help of a religious leader or a reputable psychic" however going back, as a child I always thought that no one will take me seriously especially if I talk about this type of thing so I failed to ask help. There are lot of thing that had happenned on that land even before we decided to demolish the houses and I will share it here as soon as I have it ready. Sorry for typos I am using my phone right now
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
2 years ago (2022-06-14)
Hi rebycedaj.

It is not clear to me if the bamboo and the "L" shaped houses were built on the same lot, or if they're in different locations.

If the former, I would think that the ghost is attached to the land and not much would be accomplished on terms of helping her to cross over by demolishing the building. Although, it seems to me, your family has kept it like a rental property, right?

It's interesting that no one else in your family would see her, but other inhabitants of the premises witness her presence, perhaps you are more sensitive than your siblings and your parents.

"Thinking of this I just hope I have the courage to help her, what do you think? What would you do if you are in my position?"

In my opinion, the first thing would be to determine if you're dealing with an intelligent haunting or with a residual one. As for you trying to help, unless you research for ways to protect and prepare yourself; perhaps it would be better to ask for the help of a religious leader or a reputable psychic.

Thanks for sharing this interesting experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: