You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Are There Really Ghosts in my Basement?

Real Ghost Stories

Are There Really Ghosts in my Basement?

 

My dad had heard voices in the basement. He said that he had heard the voices saying things like how his life has been, sort of like a storyline of his life.

Me and my cousin wanted to explore this subject further so we brought a camera downstairs. I took pictures everywhere in my basement. On the top of the stair rail there was a faint marking made with pen. If you look at it closely, you see that it said,"You took it off". I couldn't believe it. There was a small hand-shaped sticker with fur stuck to the wall of the basement when we first moved in. My dad or mom must have took it off because it wasn't there anymore. The ghosts didn't like that, so they found a way to tell us.

One of the pictures we took on my camera actually moved. It wasn't a recorded movie, just a picture. It moved by showing a shadow coming closer and the air getting foggier. Another picture showed a blue tarp that was there hanging, like always. But another picture of the same tarp showed the tarp hanging from one strand.

I took a picture of a wall and it came out on my computer and camera as a face close up, showing a nose and eyes. It was a gray and slightly see-through face.

The last thing that happened was that my cousin took a flashlight and shined it at a white piece of paper. She took the flashlight away and then put it back. A quarter of the paper was missing. Later that week, I was on the downstairs computer and I heard an old woman's voice calling, "Bradley, Bradley, Bradley!"

Please tell me what you think. Are there ghosts in my basement?

Note from the webmaster: unfortunately, the pictures aren't available to be published on this site.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
purplegerbil96,

Sounds like it may be an intelligent haunting (one that interacts with the living). Let me ask something first and then I'll explain why I 'feel' that...

I'm not sure I understand what you means by this statement: "my cousin took a flashlight and shined it at a white piece of paper. She took the flashlight away and then put it back. A quarter of the paper was missing." Do mean it was actually cut away and had disappeared or... Well I'm not sure can you go into more detail concerning this event, please?

I feel that the voice you heard calling "Bradley, Bradley, Bradley!" may be the voice of the spirit (singular) in your home... Bradley was her Grandchild and was about 10-11 years old when he stuck the 'fur covered / hand shaped sticker on the wall'. 'Grand mom' thought this was 'cute' and left it there. Now it's been removed she has become more active, missing that small piece of her former life.

As for your Dad's experience... This may have been his Spirit Guide or Guardian Angel that he heard... Reasureing him that he had made the right choices and that he was where he was needed at this time in his life...that's just my 'gut feeling' on what he experienced.

Do you know any of the history of the House? If not do some research see who the former owners were and if a woman may have passed away from natural causes there. Please keep us informed of any further developments. Now If you'll pardon me for a moment...

Aarons-mommy and ghostslay,

I've read both of your profiles and can't help but wonder how much (how many) true experiences you have that make you so sure that you know this spirit will get violent and 'really hurt' someone. There is nothing to indicate that this spirit is in any way 'dark', evil or harmful from what the O/P has shared with us in this description of encounters in his basement. Not ever encounter is with a negative entity... Can we please stay off of that band wagon...Please?

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
well yes I do... But becareful they might get violent if you need any onfo contact me at ghostslaya93 [at] yahoo.com
Aarons-mommy17 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
It Sure dose sound like you do. But, Yet again it could be more then just a ghost. So Ghost as people would like to call them Are kind of more dark the just Ghost would be. When People move into a house old or new it Don't Matter. Ghost could get mad And, Really hurt somebody. Trust me it happened To me and my family in 2008. So, Be careful and if you ever need someone who knows what there are really talking about just let me know
-Jessika
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
shame there is no photo's to inspect, but from the story, I'd say something is present
shelbister (1 stories) (8 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-12-02)
yes I think you defantly have activity down theri how old is year house -shelby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: