You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Spiritual Influences That Destroyed My Family

Real Ghost Stories

Spiritual Influences That Destroyed My Family

 

When I was about 5 or 6 years old my family lived in an outbuilding somewhere in a township. My mum and dad always lived with my dad's in-laws and the outbuilding was the first room that they rented. Needless to say they were quite excited because they were finally independent. Everything was fine in the beginning mummy loved my dad to bits. She was five and a half months pregnant with my sister, so she stayed at home while my dad worked.

We were a happy family until things started going horribly wrong. My father started beating my mum, abusing her mentally and physically knowing very well that she was pregnant. He also started cheating on her and disappeared for days at a time. I don't really recall everything but one memory that stuck with me forever was seeing a very sinister spirit. Being only five I wouldn't know wrong from right yet I got this horrible feeling just from remembering this 'thing'. Every time my mum and dad would fight he would just stand there as if influencing the situation.

There was one situation I remember as if it was yesterday. I was getting out of the car while mum and dad were taking the groceries out. Our outbuilding had a warehouse attached to it. It was used to store the landlord's old furniture and tools etc. I was looking in that direction when suddenly there was a man standing there. I don't know where he came from but he was the ugliest thing I've ever seen. He looked like a shadow his mass looked as if he was made out of tar, very dark with two red eyes. I don't think my parents could see him because he was standing in front of them. He beckoned me with his hand and made a gesturing movement as if to take it.

I felt sick and told my father to look at this man calling me. As I was speaking to my father he moved with such speed and awkwardness it almost looked as if he was scared. He opened the door to the warehouse and closed it with such weird movement it looked like he was trying to adjust to present time.

I knew that this spirit was sinister, he effected my life so bad my parents ended up divorcing. I remember another time waking up early in the morning. I was standing at the foot at my parent's bed swearing and cussing at them as if it were my first language. We had a cupboard at the side of the bed and on top of this cupboard was that man laying across, looking down at me and smiling.

Being Hindu Asian my parents lit the lamp and prayed for me. They did prayers but nothing helped. Sadly it went downhill from there, my sister was born six months premature, through prayer she managed to live though, thank God. We are inseparable now but for some sad reason my mum seems to dislike her. Maybe because she reminds her of the suffering we've been through.

Anyway we moved from that place but one of his minions followed us. It made our life hell. It would use my dad's voice to call me and it would want to play with us. It would break my dad's things and he would beat us when he came from work. Dad carried on beating mummy until he put her in hospital one day. He carried on with his cheating ways as well until she found the courage to divorce him. By that time she had another baby girl but she moved on with her life and took us with. She converted us to Roman Catholic and remarried.

My dad remarried unhappily, had two more girls and sadly continued his evil ways. The evil followed him and it continued until my dad found God. We have a close relationship now and he regrets what he has done to us.

I will never forgive that evil being for destroying my family. I believe that there are spiritual influences in our life and there are nasty and jealous people that send evil to you.

I am Hindu again, it doesn't matter who you pray to, just believe in God.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angel1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
Yes you right, there are some people that are more sensitive to it than others though.

😆
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
We all have a sixth believe it or not. Extrasensory perception is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct, hunch, or intuition.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Verleus my gran always said that I was born with a 'helm' or 6th sense. I think my mum knew but refused to talk about it. They did prayers for me once that's all. I didn't see 'him' after my parents divorced cause he was attached to my dad.
Verleus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
angel1,i feel very sorry for the experiences you had to bear as a child... As a 5-6yr old this would have been an unbearable ordeal... But the weird part is that only you could see the spirit... Have you ever felt a paranormal experience again? Have you told your mum about that "thing"?perheps that would lessen her grudge towards your sister... And I would also suggst purifying all your family members, I am also hindu, and I feel there's no harm in it. Religion is just a path, god is the destination of our prayer, so religion doesn't make a differance
ParanormalReality (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thank's for sharing your experience. I do believe that it is exactly that evil spirit that made the problems for how much detail's you gave. This is a very interesting story, but I can't seem to explain anything because I hav'nt heard of something like this before. And your right, it doesn't matter what religion you believe in, God is one! I'm sorry I can't help you with much, but you should be careful. Good Luck to you and your family! =]
ko0te (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
I'm a Hindu too and as you've said that there are some spiritual influences in your life, I'd call it "kaala jaadu". Am I right...? Means someone might have performed black magic to spell evil on your family and this led to unnatural happenings to your world. Again, I'd advice you to purify your family members according to hindu customs and rituals called "hawans" (I hope you understand what I mean to say) 😢
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thanks guys for the kind words.

Tonith there is no justification for what my father has done, it's easy to not take responsibility for your actions and blame it on the paranormal because it is humanly impossible. There are people who do that all the time.

But God has given us our own unique energy and a beautiful set of eyes. You were not there when the filthy beast would make itself known to me and smile with it's cunning arrogance.

My dad would be normal one minute then scratch his tongue with his nails the next and it only happened when 'he' was in the room. I know what I saw.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
Thank you for clarifying that. I am not sure of the Tamil background that is why I asked.
Muds3 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Wow

Who ever that man standing there the ugliest thing he looked like a shadow his mass looked as if he was made out of tar, very dark with two red eyes has to do something with it.

I understand (I'm Muslim But it does't matter) the same with me, my parents fought a lot but verbally. Instead of my mom I got beat.
moonlight (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
its good he got his life on track! ❤
Sad in ways of the being unhappy part. Its no way to have to live... And a scary cittioan at that.
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
This story sounds so similar to my past when I was growing up. I had lived in a home for thirteen years before moving out (I lived there from 1-13 years old) It was hell. My father also did the same thing. Many sinister things physically and mentally.

The place was so haunted. But it was all my family can afford at the time. I would wake up choking with my necklace cross twisted so tight around my neck. I would hear whispers in the hall way at night and I would also see shadows at night while laying in bed.

I prayed everyday for my family. Finally one day my mom deceided to move to a different location. Things were good for a while.

But god bless. Thankfull everything turned out good for you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
God love you and what you went through as a child but I could take this story apart psychologically but I won't. I'm glad what happened to you as a child didn't end up ruining your life or the rest of your family's life.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Sqweeky1297
God is so amazing and faith in him can overcome any obstacles. I love him so much.

I'm glad to say that I have my own company now, my sister is studying towards child psychology and my baby sister has a good job.

Just trust Him, that's all.
Sqweeky1297 (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
angle1 I'm speechless! I don't know what to say and I can't find any words if I did know what to say.
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
It's fine I can see that you don't understand what hinduism is all about.

There are divisions, and I am of tamil descent. Gujuratis are another division.

The tamils burn chillies as well.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Chillies isn't that what Gurjati's use. Are you Pure Hindu's sorry I don't mean for that to sound rude.
ThatRandomGuy (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
That was a great story. I'm glad that your family has recovered from this, but it's still a horrible experience that no one should go through.
I really enjoyed reading this, thanks for sharing.
-TRG
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
We believe in burning chillies and lighting camphor and 'rubaan' you can rid the house of spirits.

However this spirit was too strong, it's energy was stronger than that of a normal demon.

My mum and dad were very much inlove but there are sinister entities that can influence your mental state.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Hi Angel1.

I really enjoyed reading your story and have to say certainly bought back a few memories. Unfortunately there are things in life that can effect us in a negative way. In your parents case it was the place they decided to live in. What ever was in there obviously attached itself to your father, hence the sudden cahnge of moods, agressiveness. As for the arrival of your sister, and your mother distancing herself from her, she may blame the birth of your sister for the ill luck. It is not uncommon for people to have this belief. A child can either be a good omen or bad omen for a family. Whatever your sister came into the world for she has accomplished and is alive and well.

The attachment was clearly with your father and one has to wonder what happened for all this thing to attach itslef to your father.

Did your mum never consult a priest? Being Hindu it would have made sense, you all clealry did puja so maybe there could have been a special puja for things to return back to normal and for this spirit to leav your father. There are so many questions I would lilke to ask, but the list would be endless.

The main thing is you your mother and sisters are happy now. Yes you are right it does not matter what religion you are, GOD is one.

Sometimes, people may seem capatible with each other, but find in due course that they were never a match, and things can go from a bed of roses to a bed of thorns. Same apply with children, they can either be a blessing or a curse.

Thank you for submitting your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: