You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Family Of Sensitives Or Are We All Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Family Of Sensitives Or Are We All Haunted?

 

I wanted to share with you some experiences we are having at our home and actually have had for a number of years. I have to say I am a little hesitant to talk about this for many reasons but lately we have seen an increase in activity and I am not sure why.

We live in a normal suburban home built in the early 80s (I think). I do know the previous owner of the house met an untimely end in a car accident with a drunk driver a few miles from the house. I also know the following occupant lived there many years but is also now deceased (not related to the house as far as I can tell).

I moved into the house in May of 2007 and almost immediately began to experience a few small unexplainable things. My son is very sensitive and he saw someone several times in the kitchen area, I personally heard someone talking (unintelligible) when I was in the kitchen and he was in the living room but it sounded like a female voice. This was two years ago. Since then the activity has been fairly sporadic... Increasing from time to time - subsiding in others. Mostly we have experienced odd noises - voices, a repentant "swooshing" sound like material being moved about, both my son and I have seen a woman in the kitchen/laundry area, the sound of the front door opening and closing at all hours of the day and night (but the door does NOT actually open, it just sounds like it does) . My dogs also hear these things and look toward the apparent source of the noise.

Lately in the last six months the activity has increased. It seems primarily centered around my 21 year old son and 15 year old daughter. Items disappearing and reappearing, the swooshing noise, the sound of a car driving through the rain - except it is INSIDE THE HOUSE - and we haven't had any rain in over a year. Now not only do we get the door opening sound, but also the phone is ringing - ok actually the phone doesn't register a missed call, but the three of us have HEARD the phone ring - it stops before you get there. My son has had his hair pulled so hard it bruised his scalp. My youngest daughter (12) has been awakened by someone tugging on her foot. My dogs have days where they go nuts... Very nervous barking at nothing all day and night.

Last night around 4am my dog started barking, a very agitated and angry bark. This went on for about 2 minutes. As I got up to see what was going on I was putting on a robe and I heard the front door slam shut. I went to the door and as I walked toward it - I heard the sound of someone vigorously sweeping. I couldn't tell if it was inside or just outside the door. The door was locked as it should have been. I opened it - still heard the sweeping noise but - there was no explanation of where it came from. I went outside onto the front step (the sweeping was either just inside or just outside the door but in that area) - and the door slammed shut on me. It wasn't locked and I was able to go back inside but as soon as the door shut - the sweeping noise stopped. I never made it back to sleep.

Okay believe it or not with the exception of the hair pulling and foot tugging I could probably actually live with all of this - except, well here is where the story gets complicated.

This is not the first house where we have had issues. When my son was 6 and my daughter was an infant we lived in Germany. At that time I was fairly agnostic toward the paranormal... I wasn't sure if I believed or not. After living there I was convinced. I have never felt or seen or heard anything that strong in my life. There was a female and male entity in that house that not only we saw /experienced...people from outside of our family saw and heard the same things. We actually had some negative altercations with those entities and we ended up moving out of the house because of it. Both of my older children experienced phenomenon in that house.

Now this is what has provoked me to write to you. My kids have not spoken with each other about their experiences. But the older two have both come to me within the last month and told me that they believe the ghost is not attached to the house but attached to them personally because they have experienced these issues at different houses. Also they have both mentioned they felt it was both a male and female entity. I was talking about this to my mother and she brought up some things I didn't remember - when I was a child and a young adult I experienced similar things. Items moving, lost and found items, an entity touching my mother, inanimate objects moving (yes we could visually see them) and I was able as a child to look at it and say "stop that" and it stopped. I also know my father was able to see spirits and that he and I were oddly linked by - dreams and emotions but then that is another story.

Now - I don't want the world to know these things; I know people will say/think we are a family of freaks. I am pretty comfortable with "other than worldly" influences in my life so I am not asking for an exorcism and anything like that. I think I really would just like to understand better. Actually I just want to know if there is something that follows us around, or if we are just collectively sensitive to the things that are around everywhere in the world. I am curious about similarities in experiences between myself and my children and between different locations. (missing/reappearing items, sound of water, female voice) etc. And why sometimes the experiences are strong and frequent and other times are not so much.

Are there things we can do collectively as a family to investigate ourselves?

What about psychics/mediums... Would it be helpful?

How do I find one who specializes in this kind of thing?

And how do I tell a hoax from the real thing?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alwaysbeen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alwaysbeen (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Wow you guys are awesome! Yes I understand the difference between residual and intelligent hauntings and I am not completely sure there isn't some of both going on. At least I kind of assumed the sounds we heard, voices etc were residual in nature and I don't know it but just kind of assumed it was the first owner of the house. She seems to talk aroudn the kitchen and sweep, clean etc... It just doesn't seem malicious.

I think I wasn't concerned (yes we are probably all sensitive and always have been so it doesn't frighten me at all. Until both kids assumed it was them personally that was attracting the spirit and my mother who thought it was me. Yes I want to understand it better before I decide what I want to do.

EVPresearcher...gonna send you an email.
momoko (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
Its quite possible this could be the work of a poltergeist or a spirit gone bad... With poltergeists; it has been known that they follow a specific person or family around place to place for sentimental connections or reasons. A bad spirit could also be the culprit. You see, if a spirit cannot or will not move on, they will remain with their beloved surviving family to watch over. Unfortunately, in time, after absorbing enough negative energy; a spirit can loose its way and become violent or vengeful (even the most innocent of actions can turn sour). If this has escalated to the point of visual marks and apparent evidence, I strongly suggest you call a priest, monk, or excorcist to get rid of the poltergeist/spirit. In due time this spirit or poltergeist may hurt your family, you, or anyone strange to it. I don't wish to alarm you but, if provoked or angered, a spirit can become very violent.
Angelwing (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
I can totally understand how you feel about sharing these experiences with outsiders. I feel the same way and that's why I have written my stories on this site. My friends and family would think I was nuts! 😉

Definitely email EVPResearcher and see if he/she can help put your mind at ease.

I believe some people are just sensitive to these things and you don't really have a choice in it. But, you can learn to deal with it.

I wish you the best.

God Bless,

Angelwing
kwghost (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-11)
well...nice of you to share your experience with us you are NOT a freak... (just so to let you know) and if you want help... I think EVPresearcher is the right guy to go for... He investigated quite some areas...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
I wonder if these are the same entities that were with you in Germany or something that has been with you since childhood? Hard to say. Seems like the sensitivity runs in the family. Whatever it is if you want it gone there are people on this site that can help with that. You can do some investigating on your own for evidence but seems to me you are pretty sure what's happening is real, you just don't know why. Most of what you reported could be residual haunting (the sounds) and you and your family are sensitive to those sounds. Things going missing doesn't sound residual but intelligent haunting and this is what you want to be able to determine. Who is doing it and why. If you are not comfortable with a psychic for what ever reasons you may try evp sessions using a digital recorder and get some answers. Again there are many on this site that would be more than willing to help or direct you. This is your house and no spirit has the right to make you uncomfortable in your own home. Be firm, but respectful and hopefully whatever is there will move on. Keep us posted.
glassarmy (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
You are NOT a freak! Just remember that in the end this is your home and they have no right to do what they are doing. Don't be afraid, or at least show fear. As this might make things worse. I hope this helps! ❤
luvrupurt (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
It sounds like you are all sensitives... And since a lot of the experiences have happened to all of you I don't think they are attached to a person. Hope this helps!
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
Evpresearcher is right. Start with a tape recorder. If you have a video camera then you could set that up too. Good luck to you and your family. Keep us posted! ❤
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-10)
alwaysbeen - Contact me. I will work with you on this if you like. All you need is a digital recorder. I live in Ohio (so won't be able to come in person) but I would love to help you out confidentially. I work as A Paranormal investigator and have a website (spectercom.com). I work with a lot of people like you so I understand. In my experience, there are a lot of people whom claim to be psychic, but very few that prove to be. Email me and I have a few ideas right off of the bat to suggest...
Evpresearcher [at] gmail.com

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: