You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Man in the Park

Real Ghost Stories

The Man in the Park

 

One day, I was riding my bike through the park with my little brother and when I passed the bench, I saw a a strange man dressed in old rags and broken brown shoes. The weird thing about him was he called my name 3 times and then he disappeared! I was so scared that I ran all the way home and never went outside again without a friend or a parent!

After a month or so my mom asked me if I could get the mail for her since she had a broken leg. I said yes. As soon as I stepped out side I automatically saw the same man standing near my mail box! I was about to run but he screamed my name OVER AND OVER again in a hateful voice that made me cry so much! In seconds he was gone again! I ran inside as fast as I could and when I went inside I ran into my room gasping for breath! All of a sudden something was choking me in my own bed! I tried to scream for help but the last thing I saw was the man near my mail box and in the park!

When I woke up, I realized that I was in the hospital; the doctor told me that I was attacked but they didn't believe me when I told them my part of the story. Until this day, I never ever go outside for NOTHING! I am scared for life because of my terrible experience with the man in the park! I am now 14 years old, and I realized that the man in the park who had attacked me was the same man who killed and raped 13 years old teens about 2 years ago. He passed away on my birthday!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

amy111 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
that is creeepy if that happened to me I would only go outside with a friend but which he died maybe you could go outdoors now alone again
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Scary! I can't believe that happened to you! Well I had a dream I was lying in bed, and I saw a man in his late twenty's, he looked like he was in the mob and for some reason he handed me a rose and asked me to marry him! And what was odd is, I could not move a single muscle! 😨
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-04)
That is scary, I would never go outside myself if that happned. I hope you awill be safe from now on.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
brittany, and others, don't bother replying to abusive messages as they will be deleted in time, although if I ever miss one, you're all welcome to contact me about it. That's the price to pay for public comments, and seeing the good stuff we get from some guest posters, I want to keep it that way (until it's really unmanageable).
brittany (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-29)
hey person, the reason people get on this isn't to try to debunk another persons story. Its to share experiences that has happened to us and to maybe offer a helpful suggestion. You have no clue one way or the other if this story has happened or not. I get that it seems to be a far fetched story, but to go on and call them pathetic only shows that you and people like you have no business on sites like these. Your comment was uncalled for and childish. So maybe you wanna think before you open your mouth. You have made yourself look like the pathetic one.

And about the story. I have heard similar stories. If it helps, I suggest smudge yourself with white sage before you go places. Sage, when burned, acts as a purifier and spirits can not be in its presence. Hopefully this may help when you feel you aren't alone.
Riku Loves you (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
dude that was scary I would be scared too and I would do the same think you did
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-28)
You must not allow what happened to you to control your life. You have the ablity to fight back. Never stop fighting, for when you do that is when those of the lower planes of exsitances can take control. One thing you can do is to envision yourself shrouded in a dome of pure white light one that can not be penetrated no matter how hard anything tries. If you see the thing that harmed you while wearing this dome of light you will know that you have nothing to fear of it because it can not touch you and if it tries it will be banished back to where it came from or to a place it will not enjoy one bit.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: