You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Scent Of Death?

Real Ghost Stories

Scent Of Death?

 

After my grandma died 7 years ago the family went to her house to sort out her things. I went into her spare bed room and was overcome by the smell of urine; it was so strong I gagged. I told the rest of my family who came into the room and they had to get out quick because the smell was unbearable.

Everyone was freaked out and vowed not to enter the room again. However we were all sleeping over and it was planned that someone was going to use this room. I was very close to my grandma and although still shaky I said I would open the windows and use air freshener and spend the night in this room. Everyone thought I was crazy.

When I went to bed I had no need to do either, the room smelt lovely and I had a good night's sleep. It dawned on me the next day how my grandma loved cats and often fed the strays but never let them in the house, she had pictures of cats all over her house. She also had a great sense of humor.

We were a very close family and had lots of laughs together and we met up regularly at her house.

Does anyone have an explanation for this and has it happened to anyone else?

I remember when I was about 9 years old my grandma and me went out for a walk when we came across something very strange. She lived in the countryside and we looked across the fields and saw a massive bird and I mean gigantic it was similar to a stork with long stick like legs. It towered above some of the trees, we stood and watched it for a while and I got really excited and told grandma I could not wait to tell everyone but she said not to mention it because no one would believe us and we would look stupid.

I have never forgotten that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sandra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grampa_hann (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
i had the same experience when my grandmother died about 8 years ago. We had to re-structure her bedroom so it would merge with my bedroom and my sister's. Thirty nine days after her death, while I was fixing up my renovated room, the part of my room which used to be my grandmother's room smelt like urine (she was bedridden before she died and would always pee on the bed, on herself, etc.). My relatives told me that tomorrow is her 40th day and that she was just saying goodbye.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: