You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Floral Scents From My Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Floral Scents From My Friend

 

Hello again,

I have posted a couple of stories on this site before but this one was a very emotional experience for me. Like I've said before, I have many paranormal experiences. They also vary in manifestation. This is a most recent experience. It's about my mom's wonderful Chihuahua named Teo. I usually called "friend".

He passed away during the spring this year. His death was very sudden because he fell ill one night and rapidly progressed. After being rushed to the emergency vet there was not much they could do and so my mom took him home and lay next to him hoping that he would somehow get better but in the morning he was gone. My mom said he never made a sound but that he only looked confused. His death was a shock because fortunately my whole family is still around. I can't imagine what it is like when you lose a child, family member or close friend. I know losing a pet won't seem like a big deal to some people but he was like a little brother. My mom only had girls and he was like a son to her, she LOVED that dog.

The night after he died I was very very sad and I slept very little. In the morning I went to the bathroom and I saw that I had little brown scratches under my chin. They didn't hurt so I didn't think much of them until the next day because they were completely gone. I was crying a lot during the next week and both my parents and two sisters were going through mourning too. One night in my apartment I had a sudden overwhelming scent of flowers engulf me. It was like walking into a flower shop. I immediately felt the presence of my friend near me. This came and in about 30 seconds it was gone. I don't usually keep flowers in my apartment because my kids and I have allergies. I got a feeling that he was happy but sad for all of us. He wanted us to know he was around and fine. A couple of days later it happened again but this time it was in my car and I was on the freeway so you know there aren't any flowers there. I could sense him in my car. He used to love to ride in my car so I could understand why he was there. Well I said to myself, if the reason he is coming to me is because he wants me to tell my mom he is fine and happy then when I get to my mom's I will get the ok from him to tell her and everyone else. The reason I hadn't before was because my mom is very skeptical.

As soon as got to my mom's one of my sisters put a picture of him right in front of my face. I immediately began to sob and I told them everything I felt I needed to say. My mom began to laugh and I thought "oh no, she's going to make fun of me or tell me I'm silly". Well she didn't. Apparently everyone had some sort of strange thing happen to them too. My mom had a visit dream where he was an apparition and he was very happy and playful and in her heart she knew he was ok. He wanted her not to be so sad. My daughter said that she was riding her bike at my mom's one day and she heard a dog running next to her and saw a brown figure out of the corner of her eye but when she looked down there was no animals there. Everyone had something to say. After that day I haven't felt his presence around or smelled any more flowers.

See you one day again my friend.

Other hauntings by cguerra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cguerra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
Pinkzilla: That is a great thought isn't it?...Gonna love to see it! 😆 ❤
cguerra (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
Thank you all who commented. I know many people understand the love we can share with our beloved pets too. ❤
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
😭 I am so sad for you and the rest of your family! It is really depressing to lose someone (Pet or Person) close to your heart ❤
Eva_the_empath (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I also believe that animals pass onto the other side. Although my dog didn't appear after his death, I remember the incredible pain and loss. They are our family after all...
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-08-12)
I totally understand what you mean, our pets are part of our family and it doesn't make the loss any easier because they aren't human.

I read in a book (and I firmly believe) that our pets cross over and are there with our loved ones to greet us when it's our turn to return home. The author even said that sometimes our human greeters have to wait their turn because our animals are clammering to greet us first. That is a wonderful and comforting thought.

:0)
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thats amazing I think the love and bond that you had with the pet is why it connected to you to pass on the message.

I understand the feeling of loosing a pet both Rotwheilers what my father have had needed to be put down for medical issues.

Deepest sympathys and regards,
~Shadead.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
thats really lovely. I totaly understand how your mum felt about that dream there are dreams, and then there are the other sort that you just know are not that they are much much more, and they can give more comfort than months of counseling.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
cquerra: Pets become part of the family also...It's very close to losing a human family member... This is such a nice story, and I hope he comes and visits you sometimes! 😊
jallen8037 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
i've gone thourgh many deths of pets it is very sad but they are in a better place 😭
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Hey, I noticed I goofed on one of my sentences. I meant to say I go home and for a day or so after I will get hit with an overpowering floral scent, just like your example of walking into a flower shop. LOL! Sorry 😳
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Such a sad, but beautiful story. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved family pet. I believe that every living thing has a soul, and just like a human spirit would come back to deliver a message an animal can too. I'm glad your little friend was able to let each member of your family know that he was ok. I have to tell you that I smell flowers too when someone passes away. It happens after I attend the wake. I go home and for a do or so after I will get hit with an overpowering floral scent, just like your example of walking into a flower shop. I have told this to my mother, but she just thinks it's all in my head. Thank you so much for mentioning that. Now I can tell my mom I'm not the only one. Take Care 😊 ❤
Missbun-bun (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
Thank you for sharing your wonderful story. This story made me cry and reach out to you. I am sorry for your loss and thankful that your Teo is in a good place.

Missbun-bun ❤
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
That's a lovely story. I am sad for your loss too - it's beautiful that he came back to tell you all he was okay. Obviously he loved you all very much. At least the majority of humans can communicate their emotions before death, whereas animals cannot and I believe that makes it all the more upsetting. Your family's love for him obviously made him want to come back and tell you he was okay.
Lx
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
The animals we have shared our lives with always seem to find a way to tell us they are alright, stop worrying, they are ok. It's always a special gift, to be given that assurance. It does ease the pain quite a bit to know that our friends are safe and happy on the Other side. ❤
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
I have a story similar to this as well; my last dog, a beagle named JC, had to be put down at 15 years of age - her body had all but given out on her. It was very sad for the whole family.

I don't know if ghosts just don't like my parents and sisters, or what, but when I'm alone, and ONLY when I'm alone at the house, I'll hear the food dishes being knocked about, when I can see my current beagle, Nala, laying in her bed. I've also heard dog tags jingling, and it Can't be Nala's, because she has a tag pouch. It's always wonderful when a passed dog or cat or other pet comes back to visit and say, "NO WAIT! I'm okay! Stop being sad!" It shows you how much they cared for you as well.

I hope your friend comes back to visit you soon!
Penny ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-08-11)
A beautiful story. We used to have Alsatian, Roxy. The loss we felt when Roxy passed away. I remember cooking one evening and seeing, the best way to describe it, a smoke cloud drift past me, when I turned to look it was Roxy. Nobody else saw him except me.

Thank you sharing your story, very touching.

Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: