You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Scent Of Happiness

Real Ghost Stories

A Scent Of Happiness

 

Im 13 old boy and live in Ireland. I'm going to tell you some facts before I tell you what my story is. My grandmother had died 6 years before this story happened and she always loved my mother very much. It might have been our imaginations as it was really early (06:00). I have never been good at writing so please let me know if I have made a mistake. It happened a couple of years ago so I might forget some minor details. Everything that I tell you is real, so here I go.

It was the morning of my confirmation, me and my mum were about to brush our teeth in the bathroom. It was a normal day. Nothing had happened so far but a nice thing is about to happen. When my mum opened the cabinet to get the toothpaste, she and I both saw my Grandmother's wedding ring fall out. It was precious to us so we bent down to get it quickly and another thing fell out, it was a perfume saying "Happyiness" on the bottle. Me and my mother both looked at each other and went to pick them up, as we did a lovely scent of lavender filled the house as my brothers could smell it downstairs (This same smell was at my grandmothers funeral). Me and my mum were both pleased by this and happy.

Was this just a little a little message from her to say "I'm still here" or was it just a message saying she was happy about me making my confirmation, I will never know.

I myself don't have any other paranormal activity happen to me but my mum and granddad have so I might post their stories. Please comment and let's see what you think of my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Haunted, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
Tweed: thanks, that's flattering.
Many times, after pressing the 'publish' button, I consider my comments to be immature and goofy, and get worried of the mods' magic wand! 😐
So far, so good!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Donut - for your reference, this is the first rule on the Comments Guidelines; therefore, at my discretion, your comment has been deleted. You are far too immature for this site.

"Because this site seems to also attract kids and teenagers, to keep a certain level of maturity and civility on this site, moderators may delete comments that are deemed too juvenile, inappropriate or troublesome, to their discretion."
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Lady Glow I know I shouldn't say this but you often have me in hysterics, like right now.

Donut, I refer you to this portion of my comment:
"I only care about the content of comments. I couldn't care less how many names you go by on this site."

Now I am off to do something else because, apart from Lady Glow being delightfully hilarious, this is about as fun as watching sport.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Not again!
Does anyone know when is back to school in India? 😭
Blah blah
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Glad I'm not the only one Val. I have the most annoying habit of replying, leaving the desk for ages, then submitting long after the fact. I even hit refresh to make sure sometimes. 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Donut, I was sticking up for you for pete sake because your comments were good and proper.

My comment was directed at feelings that you and Johnny are one and the same person playing silly buggers with the members of this site. Your (as Donut) comment to me now leads me to wonder this all the more. You (Donut and Johnny) appear, to me at least, to be inciting a bus ride for no good reason at all.

This is my opinion. I only care about the content of comments. I couldn't care less how many names you go by on this site. So long as you treat the site, and its members with respect and with an open heart to the paranormal.

If you are angered by my response this was not my intention.

Now I've said all I wish to say on this and I don't want to engage further on this matter. Please understand I will not respond further to immaturity or insults.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Guess I was typing too slow again! 😆 Oh well...
*You need at least fifty characters to post* Oh. Kayyyyy.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Donut,
Do you not realise that Tweed was actually defending you, and you repay a kindness with insult? That saddens me. When I saw you came back (What a week ago?) I thought 'Bully, for you. Prove folks wrong and don't run away.' But, I see you are still stinging /hurting and lashing out. Don't go there.Please.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
rook - I realize by deleting Donut's comment, our members are going to wonder about yours. But, honestly, I'm tired of him and his crap. So I'm deleting.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
(So Glad this is on an older experience...)

Donut is Back,

The situation HAD policed itself UNTIL your last comment (and you were doing so good).

Take a moment...re-read the last few comments here... While the Call went out for the Bus and the Troll Patrol it stayed put... Based on your comments... You stirred the pot last time, please just read and comment as per the guidlines.

I for one WILL NOT 'waste the gas' and break out the bus, I will just ignore any 'baiting' you may do. Lets all step back, take a breath and PLAY NICE.

Respectfully,

Rook
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Sorry for the comment and I am bit childish I know. Just wanted to warn and be cautious.
Once again sorry 😢
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Johnny_Blart - there is nothing in Donut's comment that is offensive, or even trollish. Leave it alone.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Shadow A-47, Tweed...

So far no harm no foul... All the comments by 'Donut is Back' are well within the Sites Guide lines...

So let's 'stand down' and be vigilant the Miss Demeanor is back from the beach, washed and parked in the Troll House ready to respond if needed.

Puff Bayram
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
This site is not a role playing prankster website. No one cares who's back and under what name, including you.
Grow up or find another site more suited to you.
Johnny_Blart (24 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Troll Patrol Alert! Troll Patrol Alert!
DeathByDonut is back under a new username

Shadow A-47 reporting in...

(Sorry to comment here Rook, hope you didn't mind)
marvis (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
love never dies. Our ancestors look at us from the astral world. They send their love to us.
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
just sounds like a reminder that you arnt alone and that she will always be there for you? Is this were you always keep you grandmothers ring or did it just appear?
Madyrina (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
This is such a lovely story. I agree with the other posters, I think you grandma wanted to let you know she loves you and wanted to be there to share such an important day with you. I'm sure she will always be in your heart.❤ 😊
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Yes this was a really nice story. Thank you for sharing. I've often heard that unexplained oders are often spirits. I had a scent experience that led me to believe in reincarnation.
AnimalAngels (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Wow what a beautiful story! I agree with all the the posters, it was your grandma (In a very clever way) telling you that she loves you and that she is happy. What I like about this story is that she communicated to you in a way that didn't scare you. Beautiful!

❤,

AA
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Great story! I enjoyed it very much. I am also in agreement with the others. Your grandmother was showing that she was happy and proud of you. I believe she gave you a very special gift that day. This is going right into my fav's. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
Excellent story, and you sound quite mature for a 13 year old. I would not worry about my writing if I were you. 😊 It was direct, to the point, and no unnecessary details. I do think your grandmother reached out to you to show her support for your confirmation. Welcome to the site and I hope to hear more from you soon.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
The_Haunted,
I agree with the others, it was a very sweet thing for your grandmother to do on that morning. She doubled it by adding both the ring and the lavender perfume, just to make sure you got her message.
Congratulations on your confirmation! Oh my! You got confirmation from your Grandmother on the day of your confirmation! Now that really is a double!

Jav ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
The_Haunted - I have to commend you for being thirteen and not embellishing your story, very well written and very touching. Thank You!

Champion
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
The Haunted, I am with rook and granny, love this story. Its going into my favorites too. Your grandmother was there telling you she was proud of you and loved you 😊

I will also add very well written, simple but to the point and very touching. Well done 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I agree 100% with granny... This was her way of letting you know she was proud of you on this 'big' day for you.

Lavender represents a few things... Some of them are: Long life, peace, wishes, protection, and love. So take that and the fact that it was present at your Grandmothers funeral and these are very strong indicators that your Grandmother was letting you know she was 'around'.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us, this one is going in my favorites.

Respectfully,

Rook
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
The Haunted: I love this story!...I think it was your grandmother letting you know how proud she was, and that she's happy for you 😊...Good story, thank you for posting...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: