You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Ghost Behind The Clothes Line

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Ghost Behind The Clothes Line

 

I was about 4 years old when this particular incident occurred. My brother and my cousin were chasing me around my grandmother's house. I don't remember exactly how but they caught me and pushed me in the basement and turned out the light. I couldn't reach the light switch, and there was just enough light from a small window to illuminate the front section of the basement. My grand mom also had a clothes line where she had some sheets hanging up. I was at the top of the stairs banging on the door. I could hear them laughing on the other side. I just so happen to look over my shoulder at bottom of the step, and I saw something staring up at me.

It had a human form but it looked like a shadow. It was to dark to make out its features. So I turned my body completely around to get a better look. For a second it didn't move then it dashed behind one of the hanging sheets.

Now any normal kid (or person for that matter) would have run off scared. Instead I walked down the steps to investigate. I pulled the sheet back and, nothing but an old cement wall. That's when the fear struck me because there was no where for to go. It just disappeared into thin air.

My brother cracked the door open to see what I was doing, and I came running up the stairs. He tried to lock me back in but I was to fast this time. I didn't want to be down there with that thing. I really never told anybody about that thing I saw in basement all but two people. But unfortunately they both died a few years back. I doubt the shadow figure I told them about had anything to do with it. Since I've only seen it that one time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blaquemajeek, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Blaquemajeek (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
The shadow seem to move very human like. I mean, there was no weird appearance to it running behind the sheet. And it didn't seem evil. I guess it was as startled to me seeing it as I was about seeing it. I guess that's also why I wasn't that afraid to see what it really was. I didn't feel threaten. I only became afraid when I couldn't rationalize what I just seen.
shadowking (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
if that happened to me I would of ran as fast as I could out of there 😨 that would be scarrrry
MickeyMalice (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
::Blaquemajeek::

Hmmm... I have heard about shadow creatures but they are supposed to be dangerous... I think... Did this one seem dangerous or was it just...There?

~G.T.
nooneym (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-11)
wow that is interesting, and your right I deffinately would not of gone down to see what it was, how fast did it move when it realised you had noticed it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: