You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Ghost Rat

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Rat

 

You've heard that if someone (or something) dies in your house, it can come back as a ghost? It turns out it is sometimes true. I have always had rats for a pet. I just moved recently and mine died. I was sleeping, and woke up in the middle of the night to get a drink. I came back in my room, and I saw the wheel moving in the cage. My eyes were already adjusted to the dark, and I saw nothing in the wheel. I put my hand in it, I felt nothing. It was the freakiest thing I ever saw.

Later, I saw a little foggy-like light in the wheel, moving. It was my rat! The ghost rat, of course. Then I started to see two... My parents woke up and saw it too. Then my little sister saw it and started screaming like the dickens. My parents came in AGAIN and didn't see the foggy-like substance, but they saw the wheel moving. You could imagine how creepy and weird it was. To this day, I am still seeing it. I wonder when it will stop... Sorry, no pictures, but I hope you believe me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Junebug (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-28)
I've had my little rat for almost two years now, and it might seem really silly to most people how much I loved and cared for her, but she really touched my heart in a way even people have failed to... As she got older, sicker, and more immobilized, I let her sleep in bed with me, warped up in her own blankets and pillow, and we'd cuddle up and go to sleep. Needless to say, I really have a strong attachment to her, and was very heartbroken yesterday when she passed away. Not even a minute after she did, my iPad went crazy, it had never done that before, and it was extra strange (since iPads are touch screen) that it logged into my messages started typing on it's own! I caught this on video. I don't think the random letters were significant, but I really feel it had to do with spiritual electrical activity. When I read your story, it gave me hope. I wish she'd always be around like your rats. I wondered if animals have souls, and what feels true to me is that animals earn a soul by having a place in a person's heart. I don't think heaven would truly be heaven if my little ones were not there also to enjoy it with me.
kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
well I don't know about you you but I would have been shiat scared! I mean whos ever seen or heard of a ghost rat?!?!?!?!?

😲
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-13)
Hi Nix sorry about being late on commenting, but I think it is special that your rat came back one last time. It was showing you that it was happy and it knew you loved it, and that it will always be in your heart and be with you.
Thanks for the story. 😊
Zelora (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-02)
I agree with E. Angel. Okay! John's rat came back for another spin! I believe him. I had a cat that made one last dawn foray into my bedroom - AFTER she was dead. These things happen. I don't like to see people carrying on in the comments with all those accusations and tales of what I can only view as loosely-held sanity -- though I can see how a site like this would attract that sort of thing.
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
Okay, how did a story about a guy's rat that visited him one last time after passing away turn into a religious convention? Not to offend anyone, I just don't understand. Why is it so unreasonable to believe a spirit can pay one last visit before crossing over?
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Here is something that the Good Lord wanted me to prophesy to you...

Do you ever hear ringing in your ears?

Guess what? If you do, those are the wings of angels... Apparently their are some in here that do hear that ringing...

You see the beating of the wings makes the sound, they do feel emotions too, those wings move not only when they fly, but also when they feel concern or love for their charges... If you hear this, then you do have angels surrounding you,
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Chris Want to know me? Just click on rose. These are my encounters. Enjoy and find answers on what this I'm all about.
Take care
Rose
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
I myself went through absolute Hell when I was reading those cards, I believed every word of it, I falsely accused others, including family, I was in the hospital for two weeks, I was calling myself a prophet at that time when I did not know the bible, I thought all sorts of crazy things-when I gave them up, gave up the cards, gave up the nasty scopes, gave myself to Christ and read the bible-then the REAL spirit came to me-Holy Spirit-complete and true enlightment of the truth, which the Good Lord wants everyone to have when you choose to follow him, and believe nothing feels better then that. My husband one day was feeling pain, now that I am a real prophet, I have authority to cast the demons out in the name of the Lord, well I cast that demon that was causing him pain, right out of his body, and he began to feel better. Then I recognized that he had a familiar spirit. They go in and out of your body, you can usually tell because they know others thoughts, which is satan through and through, only the Good Lord should know what you are thinking, well I cast that familiar spirit right out of their-it came out in a yawn.

Now when I was reading the cards, I cryed out to the lord to remove my divination demon that I had, I through up many times. That one is a toughy, it made me throw up, but wow did I feel so good afterwards! AHHH then the light began to shine through with all the truth

If you read acts 16-17 Paul casts that demon out the one I use to have-in the name of Jesus Christ he did it, and if you belong to God, he will remove it, like HE did for me...

Same thing with people thinking they are channeling Angels, its like pardon me? Angels of the Lord follow his commandments, and if you read the bible you will know that! Plus on top of that their are only boy angels no girl angels, this is in Genesis just before the flood-Sons of God is what they are called. Three kinds of angels-Cherubim-their are two left-Gabrielle who preached to Mary that Christ was coming, Michael who fights the dragon and his demons on our and the Lords behalf, and Lucifer used to be one of those cherubim, if you read Ezekiel 28 like I led you too, then you will know this, all three angels were in the Garden of Eden when Eve was tempted by Lucifer! Then their are seraphins, the six winged angels, then the thrones, now the thrones protect the people of God, hense the name thrones because we will inherit-what? Sitting by the Throne next to God. YAHOOOO
Chris (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Look rose I'm really a nice guy and don't listen to anything john says, he always ruins everything also I put that there because I want to know people better and talk with them about there troubles also I won't do that because I'm a christian and they don't do that so just please contact me if you have any ghost encounters.thanks
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
P.S. John, Don't play around with these forces, bcause it will play around with you. You might look into it, But, remember it can look at you and your surroundings twice. Try to understand what I am stating
.
Again, Take Good Care.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
To John and Prophetess, I know who is who through comments. I do not know Chris. What is his intention? Why should have to call him? I don't know. But thank you, I'll be and am aware.

Prophetess, you are so right about many things and I agree with you. These entities like to fool around with our emotions. We know, some don't. When we hear people exclaim, Oh! It's a miracle! !Oh! It's the work of God! We know what forces belong and don't belong to God. Spirits are with us, as well are angels. Angels are there when they sense we are in danger, in situation or events which low our force of being. There are spirits 'fallen angels' which fools around with us. John, spirits roam with us. Pass through our homes, where they know there is a soul to be fool. How can we distinguise one and another? Wow! I which I knew the answer. But I've been fool too.

The ghost rat, well, an angel or God would not permit a rat or any other soul, to make presence known when they pass on. They go straight to God, and awaits for resurrection day. But, trully I state, before passing on, there are sighs, when one knows something is going, or about to happen.

I felt, my dog. I felt it jumped into my bed. But, I made no gesture of being scared. I felt fine. But, I knew, where this was coming from. I was not scared. I know too sometimes we bring this forces among ourself. We do have some kind of forces, sometimes forces are guided by something else.

The mist, you have seen, is part of the frequent sighs of the pack of these 'fallen angel'.

Read stories from this sight, all have similarities and differences, but its the same trick of the trade. Why the same? Ghost or demons have limitations. Read for yourself, they perform much the same manner.

It is up to readers and writers to choose the correct form to alleviate and find solutions to problems. All commentadors do have the same comments, pray, have strong faith and continue to do good.
Choose wisely and see reality of all.
Take care John
Rose
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
John do not bare false witness, the Lord is always listening and watching,

are you a false prophet? I mean are using divination to come out with such a thing? I use to read those devil cards called Tarot and use to believe everything I read-you can usually tell a false prophet by the fact they use divination and do not know the bible,

Please refrain from passing judgment, and take my advice if you are using divination, get rid of it,
Prophetess (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
John, I would suggest you stop baring false witness without proof deary, the Lord is watching always deary. Never judge someone you do not know.

Are you a false pyschic, you know the ones that say they are doing it for God, but do not know the bible? The reason why I ask is I use to read those devil cards called Tarot, and use to believe everything I read, out of curiousity are you doing this? Or using some other form of divination (witchcraft) to come out with this sort of thing?
John (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Hey [not really], yes it is true. Something like that may not have happened to you before, but I bet it will.
Nigel Farquire (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
This is True, I have seen a ghost pidgeon ever since the dogs at kingston council carried out a mass cull of the noble birds. I had one roosting in my back passage untill one day the marksman shot it. The very next day it was back even though I had buried it the day before amidst much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Now I see it everywhere, sometimes it even appears in more than one place at the same time. Like the other day I saw it on the roof and also eating in the garden. Imagin my fear !
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
So true, I had a small beautiful dog named Lady. Very wonderful, and had been with me for 7 years. Imagine the pain when it departed, a car killed her accidently. Sometimes I still feel her, when I am sitting, feeling her body brushing my legs. Sometimes I feel her jumping on my bed. Just the sensation that she is, well, with me kind of eaze my pain. There are no words to this on how it feels, as long it is comforting. Some spirits sees, feels human pain and sadness, some comfort but others don't. At least it's ok, if you are ok. Next time, don't be scare. Remember there are others always around one. We are never alone.
Take care.
Rose
EarthboundAngel (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
That's a really rude comment. You have a right to your opinion, but this guy experienced something and you were being immature about it.

You're not crazy. Anything living can come back as a spirit. Rats, dogs, birds, fish, people... Anything. Even bugs!
not really (guest)
-1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
thats a silly story I don't believe it you must have too much time on your hands to write about a ghost rat , if its true then welll that's crazy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: