You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Barn Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Barn Ghost

 

I never once heard a person say they didn't believe in ghosts. But I couldn't help from noticing I was one of them. I was going out to the barn with my husband. He told me he had to go feed the bulls their night snack. And I had to go feed the cats. It was about 9:00 p.m. and we usually come out at 7:00 and feed them supper. But we had to go to the kids concert. David (my husband) went out back, and I went in the barn to the cat room, which we called it. Casper, our all white cat, was following me to the back room. I tried to turn on the lights but they didn't go on. So I turned on our lantern. I opened the door and pulled out the cat food bag. I felt a push on me, and I turned around quickly. No one was there. I thought it must be the cats, there always so pushy when it comes to feeding time.

I bended down again and started pouring their food. After that I got their water and milk, I set it down and pet the cats. Then another push came to me. And this time, I tripped, but didn't fall. "Knock it of" I said. Then the door closed and it left a loud noise going all around the barn. "DAVID!" I shouted. I looked out the window and I saw a figure move past quickly. "DAVID!" I shouted again. I heard a whisper, but could not make out who or what it said. I looked out the window again and I saw the figure again. But it didn't move. "DAVID!" I shouted again.

I went out of the cat room and kept on shouting for David. I heard another whisper. At this point I was terrified. I saw something go past me and it was blackish-whitish. Then I felt another push on my shoulder. Then I heard a little girl cry "HELP ME HELP ME!". It wasn't my children, I don't have any daughters. I followed the voice, and saw a little girl dress in a white dress, she looked like she came from the 1800's. Then she disappeared. I ran out of the barn, got my husband and he came in. I saw was her ghost hanging from a rope. Then the ghost disappeared.

We looked her up on the internet and it said that she was hung in our barn in the late 1900's! The internet showed a picture of a little girl dressed in a white dress. To this day (2 years later) we still see the little girl. But we never try to run away or get the ghost angry.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ghostfox96 (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-15)
i don't want to sound rude or whatever but I'm thirteen and I'm not stupid:/
You had the chance to post the link or post that you couldn't find the website but you seemed to avoid the subject.
I know if I found out something like that involving where I live, I wouldn't forget the website. 😆
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
OH MY GOD! That is sooooooooooooooo freakinnnnnnn Saddddd girl! I feel so bad for that little girl, do they know why she was hung?
GIRLIE 😭 😭
triscint (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
the figure that pushed you could be a ghost. But the girl could be a imprint. A imprint it when somthing dramatic happens that moment is saved in the stuff around and it plays like a broken record over and over again at the time of the event.
SnailBug (61 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
If that's true, then wouldn't you have posted a link to the internet page? I really don't think many, if any, photos were taken of children that hung themselves at any period in time. If it was in the late 1900s, then that would mean it was a crime scene photo which was leaked illegally.
MDK94 (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Great story Hope, can't wait to read Barn 2 3 and 4 as well as I'm posting this at the time they are posted Best Wishes 😊
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-06)
That other post I made is wrong. I don't believe Hope anymore. It sounds sort of like a movie ghost story. And the way she writes it. Sorry, but I don't believe her.
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-29)
Well we are new to this site, but not new too ghost hunting. We have a brand new web site...www.mnprophet.com.
We are very interested in taking some readings. Maybe we can do some EVP's (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) and see if the little darling is asking for help. We could even put a IR system in the barn and try to get a visual image.
We would need you and your husband to be involved, for our belief is that child ghosts grow attached to the people they are trying to contact...
What a heart breaking story as a parent...

We hope all works out, Brian
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
That was creepy! Where did you find the information about the girl? You should try to help the girl too. 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
Hi Hope! This is the first story I have read of yours but I notice there are parts 2,3 and 4! I'm definitely going to read them. This story was great and I'm sure the others won't disappoint! This was a pretty scary story and I'm really glad that you found out the story behind it. The poor girl! It's almost like you've given her a home or maybe I should say allowed her to stay in her home. I'll read the others with interest and comment! Thanks for the great story. 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
quite scary that is thanks for sharing this story with us all its interesting I enjoyed reading it.
NADIE NAE (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Yeah I would like the web page link you found about the girl too your story is really interesting.

Thanks
Anthony (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
tat must have been very scary how could you have live to have tell that tale I would want to see tat
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
Dang, that's some crazy stuff. There must of been lots of little girls being hung in the past. I've heard a lot of stories with Little girls and gallows. Keep strong, if the haunting get too intense call upon the might of the lord to rid the spirit of the lands.
Briana (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
One word... AWSOME! Okay more than one word... SPOOOOOOKY! And a few more... THE BEST!
Hope (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
HEY GUYS! Just to let you know something new has happen. I published BARN GHOST 2. So if I am lucky and it is on the website, You should read it! LOVE YOU ALL! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GHOST!
Hope, David, Eathen, Andy, and all your cat friends!
deejaymigs (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
This one is scary! I'm just thinking though, are cats suppose to sense if there are ghosts or spirits around them, so why didn't they gave you a warning? Anyways, my suggestion is ask a professional so that the girl can rest peacefully.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
That would really be interesting to actually be able to verify that what you are seeing took place so long ago. This actually is a very interesting story, it sounds as if the little girl has some unfinished business and wants your help in some way. Keep us posted if anything new develops.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-10)
Hope, can you send the link to that web page you found about the girl? Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: