You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Jack in the Box

Real Ghost Stories

Jack in the Box

 

I was young when I had my first child, 18. Every night, like all babies, mine would cry. I would get up and either hold my child, get a bottle, or change her diapers. Something to make her stop crying. After awhile, when my baby would cry in the middle of the night, a toy that had to be wined up in order to play would start. The toy was one of my baby's favorites. My baby then would get very happy and stop crying. The toy was one of those old ones. You had to crank the wheel really hard in order for it to play. Turning it until it clicked and then it played until it clicked again. You could hear it cranking every time my baby would cry. Then play and play until it clicked. This went on for several nights, until me and my family moved out.

My mother always told me that the house was haunted, saying she saw things. I never had an experience before until up to this point, I never believed there was a ghost in our home. After this started to happen, I seemed to never really care. It wasn't anything bad. Like all experiences, I was startled at first, but after I while I was thankful that he or she was a nice ghost. After all, he or she probably just wanted to get some sleep too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Dear Haley, I apologize dear for using your story as a response board to others. I also do not believe prophetess in her sermon on demons and angels. She is taking from the bible what she wants to believe it says. I wish we could get all people to understand that not all and in fact very few hauntings and ghost are demons. But I believe everyone has a right to their own beliefs and shouldn't be punished for it or preached to about it. Once again Haley I apologize to you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Prophetess (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Shane for a minister you should know their is only heaven and hell deary, as a minister you should know about the fallen angels of God and a fallen angel named Lucifer leading those angels to rebellion (Ezekiel 28)-they are now called demons remember? This is their way of leading rebellion against God's word and truth-this was prophesied Shane about the tenth horn growing in, new age mixing with Christianity Shane-the tenth horn symbolizing the devil-read rev 12 and revert back to luke I believe it's either 17 or ten one or the other, when he saw Lucifer fall from heaven like lightening! He was booted out and chased out by Michael and the rest of the Good Lords Angels.

Peace and Truth to you Shane, may the Good Lord lead you to see the truth, believe me its very enlightening :)

What everyone is seeing is familiar spirits, DEMONS, familiar because they are familiar with your family because they have been hanging around them-they pretend to be your loved ones so you will not know that their is only heaven and hell like the Good Book says!

DO not feel bad, this is happening to ministers all over the world, it's satans tactics! Pick up something on spiritual warfare Shane, the truth will shine into your heart, since you are already almost their!

Dawn
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-12)
Just to let you know that I am a non-denomination minister. But I am always willing to help in any way I can. I know that, that shouldn't matter, but to some it does.
MasteryofDarkness (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
They may need to gather energy.

Shane, I saw that you were a minister I need your help...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
I do not think spirits actually need to sleep as they are pure energy. Could have been a relative of yours who has passed on and was looking after your child. Possibly your great grandmother/father. Thanks for sharing your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: