You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Daycare Kids See Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Daycare Kids See Ghosts

 

I own a home daycare. One day after lunch, one of my daycare kids, who was 4 at the time, was walking out of our hall bathroom. She ran in the living room and told me that there was a ghost in the hall and it was a little girl. She said the little girl was chasing her and that she ran away and the little girl gave up chasing her. Then she walked into the "play room" and told me that there was a man out there. I was the only one in the house with the kids at the time. I asked her what the man's name was and she told me that his name was Martin. Some time in the 80's a man died in this house. His last name just happened to be Martin. I have never said anything to the kids about Mr. Martin, so there is no way that she could have known about Mr Martin. The little girl also told me that there was a lady ghost with the man and they were about to kiss.

About a year or so before this happened, the same little girl was playing with another little girl, only there was no one else in the room.

My 18 year old daughter has seen things also. She has walked through the living room and has seen a black fog floating in the air, near the room where Mr Martin died. She has also seen someone standing in the hall by the bathroom. My dog will stand in the door way of my bed room and bark into the hallway for no reason at all. My 16 year old son was sitting at the computer one night and, out of the corner of his eye, saw a shadow walk past him. He was the only one in the room at the time.

There have been quite a few "strange" things happen in this house, one night I was watching an OU Sooner's football game on TV, someone or something changed the channel on the TV. I was in the house alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-09)
how do you know the black fog is right where he died? And how did he die? And how long ago? Also, have you set a sound activated recorder down and just let it run in the areas most effected? That may be interesting.
BellaMay (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I am a little suspect when a child so young uses the word "ghost".
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
I don't blame them for changing the channel on an ou game this season. Grrrr! Do you know how the man died? And where did the woman come from? Do you know if she died there too? Also, what are the approx. Ages of the man and woman ghosts, do they seem to be the same age? I've often wondered if ghosts can see each other and if they do if they just chat about stuff or what?
Preeti (100 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
One simple thing to do keep rosemary under everyone's pillow and keep holy water and cross with you...

God bless you friend ❤.
roblox777733 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
ok this story was good but I have one too this one time when my dad has just put in the bunk beds and then I was on the top one and I look into the hallway and I saw a demonic figure it had horns, a pitch fork, a tail with a pointed end and a stiched mouth and he looked at me then turned and walk two steps and dissaperd then I told my parent in the morning and they didn't believe me
Angel_in_Disguise (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
My daycare lady called me at work one day about a similar experience with my child. She sounded really frightened as she was telling me the story and asked if my son ever did things like that at home. I wasn't about to admit that one time, as my son and I were coming down the stairs in our house, he ran ahead of me and said "mommy, you stay back. I tell the monsters to go away!" He then proceeded to ward off the monsters by waving his arms around.
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
Wow I loved this story, I haven't actually seen a ghost before I think I would be too frightened... I'm a fragile one lol... But I do feel them.
Sounds like this little girl has her third eye open... Did she ever act strange in day care? Did you notice her above the rest before she told you?
Eightgateslate65 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
Wow.Maybe its true that only young kids can see every ghost around in their surroundings.IDK? 😕
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
If there was a lady and a man then the kid must have been their kid, Maybe the kid wanted to play with the day care girl.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
To tell you the truth, the thing that caught my attention the most about this story is that I assume, from what was written that only this particular four year old who came to the daycare could see these ghosts. I wonder if that says something about the CHILD.
YOUR children I can totally understand as they have more exposure to the home. They are there in the "dead times" (please excuse the pun) after the day care children have gone home and the house is relatively, if not completely quiet.
Interesting.
Thank you.
Paulito67 (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-12)
That sounds strange. I would try to do what Abbey said try to talk to them. Paulito_985 [at] hotmail.com
simywimy (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Apperanly, the ghost is doing nothing to you and just living in the house as if you never moved in. I suggest you do the same for him.
bluefox3 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-17)
Eevry time when I go in my sisters room all the lights are off and we leave the remote on the bed and boom the t.v. Turns to a diiferent chanel but I have seen shadows in my house too scary 😐 😨
theTRU1 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
I know why the little girl was chased its be cause your a boomersooner and we all know that all ghosts are longhorn fan's

HOOKEM HORNS

:):):):):)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-15)
Ah Dear Athena, truer words were never spoken. Hard to believe a spirit is running this web site though isn't it. One would never have thought it possible. Your advice to mystory is spot on.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Dear mystory,

It looks like you bought something extra when you bought your house. It also looks like Mr. Martin, decided he still likes his house even after death.

Please read other stories here and comments if you wish advice about dealing with Mr. Martin (not our webmaster here, wink).

Many times earth bound spirits will congregate together, especially if there is a person or people who are open and their sensitivity attracts them. Children are more open than adults as you have found out. I do not feel these spirits mean you or yours any harm. You can talk to them out loud as you would a living person or persons, draw your own boundaries and even ask them to leave.

Blessings, Athena
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-13)
Funny, I don't remember dying in the 80's and haunting your daycare, I am glad to learn, however, that there's a female ghost around ;)

Just kidding mystory, thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: