You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lady with the Horses

Real Ghost Stories

Lady with the Horses

 

I have one daughter, her name is Nadine. My husband and I been married for at least three years now, his name is Ian. We bought a farm last month. We thought it was our dream home. We have four horses, two ponys, eleven cows, ten chickens, and lots of cats. Even strays. Nadine would get riding lessons from me. And then Ian would go feed the chickens. His friend Timmy, would come over and they would do half of the farm work. So far, so good. But then comes night.

In the first few weeks, Nadine would sleep with Ian and I. I asked her why she doesn't sleep in her room. She responded and said "A lady mommy..." She is only five. I was shocked "She goes and rides the horses..." I was still stunned. "She is a ghost!" I never once heard any one tell me that they saw a ghost. So that same night, I stayed up with Nadine and we watched t.v in the living room. That is how it all begins. We heard my training horse for Nadine, Kissy, make a really loud noise and it was very close. And the barn is down the field from the house. Nadine ran up to the window. Nadine and I saw Kissy run really fast past. "THE LADY!" shouted Nadine. Kissy ran past again this time we saw a ghost on Kissy's back! I ran to wake Ian up.

We went down to the barn that night and saw Kissy in the barn were we put her that night. But every night, we see the ghost in OUR HOUSE. You wake up to a touch, and then you see her by your bedside. Very strange. And our house was just built. Is this really a ghost, or is it a dream. You tell me!

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
I love horses:) and good story if that lady was riding one of my horses I would be so scared but I recommend you put a security camera or something in your stable and see what happens hope my advise works.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Agreed! Good story! What part of Wisconsin mind I ask? Out of curiosity.
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
I was going to tell you that it does not matter how new the house is, the land is what is haunted not the house but abby put that into better words that I could
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-14)
Dear Cassidy, If you look on your title or deed of your home there should be a record of the land and who it belonged to before you purchased the land and new home. This could give you a clue to who may be haunting your home and riding the horses. Your neighbors may also help add some additional information if you choose to ask them. Just because one has a new home on the land does not mean the land does not have a prior history. It may also be a neighboring piece of land and/or home, as spirits do travel to beacons of light where people are more open to their presence or perhaps the love of horses brought them to your place. I feel there is something there due to prior owners of the land.

Check on this site for stories and comments to help you with this matter.

Blessings, Athena

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: