You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: We Were Sure We Didn't Own Horses

Real Ghost Stories

We Were Sure We Didn't Own Horses

 

It was just a normal day and I was in the kitchen making dinner. I should say that my house is quite old and I had lived in it all my life.

As I was saying I was cutting up some food and I noticed the house had gone unusually silent, weirdly silent because I couldn't hear anything running, the washing machine or anything. My parents were out at the time and my brother was upstairs listening to music.

I have to admit I am quite a horse fanatic, I love them and I ride them, but unfortunately we don't own any horses.

That's when it got freaky. I heard hooves, sort of trotting outside our house. I ran to the window because I enjoyed watching the piebald stallion owned nearby go for a walk or trot down our road (he can't be ridden yet). As soon as I got to the window the hooves got faint and disappeared but I couldn't see anything at either end of our street. I got confused because the horse couldn't have gone either way. I turned around and went back to the kitchen.

Shortly after I heard a low nicker, like there was a horse standing behind me. I whipped around and there wasn't anything there. I heard it again outside but I just ignored that one. I couldn't pinpoint where the 'horse' had come from and the horse that goes down my road lives two blocks away. Especially since it was in the house!

I thought maybe the horse had been there when the house was a farm or someone owned a horse there and it died before we moved in.

I found an old horseshoe nailed to my shed wall, I don't know where it came from but if it came from the house could it be possible that the horse is sort of 'attached' to the shoe?

Other hauntings by WeirdnFreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WeirdnFreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Yes, I think the horse has passed, but something is keeping it there, (like the horseshoe) or it just hasn't learned to cross over yet. And like others said, try looking up stuff about the house, You may find out useful tips about why that horse is there.
Maybe he/she is lonely...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
WeirdnFreaky,

You may be surprised at what research into your property may reveal. As for 'horses' and unusual encounters with them please read this experience of mine...

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=4605

Good luck with any research you may do...

Respectfully,

Rook
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Thank you for your comment, crecent, I don't know why it was in the house but maybe it was a barn. The house isn't very significant so I wouldn't be able to find much info 😳
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
Well that's an Idea. Sounds like a ghost horse but why in the house? Maybe you should research the house and its suroundings. I used to live in New Jersey in the U.S. In a place called Morris Town It is a colonial town and Washington had his men there. There was a woman who had a near by farm and the army was going around gathering horses for the war. The woman whos name was Tempy Wick loved her horse so much she brought it it nto her house an up to her bedroom to try and hide it from the army. I wrote this to say maybe this is something similar. Or maybe your house is on land were a barn used to be you never know either way I liked your story. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: