You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Dark One In New Mexico Hotel

Real Ghost Stories

The Dark One In New Mexico Hotel

 

It was about the year 1989 and I and my then fiancé' had gone on a camping trip. Well, the winds were so bad they tore a hole in the tent and we had to go to a hotel. Personally, I had no problem with that.

When we first got there I had a really odd feeling. I saw a bunch of leaves spiraling in front of the hotel door. I had never felt ghosts before but something was truly *off* about this Best Western. We took our things in and got settled for the night.

About two thirty in the morning, I woke up. I was facing the wall. In front of the wall was this massive dark figure. It stared at me and I stared at it for about one minute. Then, out of nowhere... The words "You shouldn't be here" came to my mind. Like an arrow to my brain. I don't know if it was me thinking it or that horrible dark entity. As soon as the words were psychically enchained, this darkness rose STRAIGHT UP into the air, detaching itself from the rest of the darkness in the room.

I was horrified! I turned over and threw my arms around my fiancé and said the Lords Prayer over and over in my head until I fell asleep.

To this day I will never forget the very first spirit I saw with my very own eyes. It was the scariest thing I had ever encountered.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SapphireRain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostReal (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
what city was it because I was in alamagormo staying in a hotel right across from a best western 😭
SapphireRain (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
Tell me about it. I remember staying in an old hotel at Las Vegas and it had a creepy feeling too... But I never saw anything. It just felt like someone was standing by the closet watching us unseen.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Scary. That is truly scary. For some reason whenever you go into those haunted rooms you don't want to be there. ❤
SapphireRain (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
*Something* may very well have happened in that room. It was odd the way the leaves rose in a spiraling motion almost like a warning. I know it sounds cheesy but I FELT something was wrong and weird about that room before we even went into it.
fernsclint (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
my god... This really gave me the creeps reading your story... That statement "You don't belong here"...i would have ran for my life out the hotel if I were you... In my opinion... I think some died or got murdered in that room you guys were staying... So that persons soul is not in peace... I believe he or she is looking for the person who murdered him/her to take revenge.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
How odd. Hotels are interesting. People coming and going from all walks of life. I had an experience in a hotel (I have a story about it up here) but not AS frighting as yours sounds.

The phrase you "heard" "you don't belong here" could have been an internal thought you had (seeing as you were uneasy with the place from the get-go) or something else. Regardless at least you only had to spend one night there.

Thanks for sharing
SapphireRain (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Yes,I always do listen. What spooked me the most is I don't know if it was me or the dark figure that thought "You don't belong here."
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Creepy. I know what you mean about hearing that voice in your head, not of your own thought. It has happened to me once before. There prob was something there and your intuition was right. Always listen to that 'little voice'.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: