You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Person In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Person In The Window

 

This happened when I was 10 years old. 25 years ago.

It was winter and we were living in a house where my room was in the basement. It was a nice, finished basement though. I would sometime stop playing or doing what I was doing abruptly just to listen; I would hear people whispering a lot. It was as if they were in the room with me. Me being ten, I didn't tell my mother for her thinking I was crazy.

On three occasions I would be trying to go to sleep and I would feel someone poke their finger into my side. The first two times this happened I would turn around and of course, nothing would be there. The third time I didn't even look. Even my mom would hear things down there because I remember she was a little scared one day. She heard something downstairs and slowly crept down the stairs with a bat in her hand yelling obscenities to scare the intruder out and off course, nothing there.

One night I woke up in the middle of the night to see the shadow of a person looking in my window! I was freaking out and crying hysterically and ran to my mother's room. The next day I went outside to see the footsteps in the snow outside my window. There were none... This was the first and only time I am certain I saw a ghost. Since then, I have had many psychic experiences...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mista_fyed1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Just because you can see it, it won't hurt you, like my ghost it wants your attention. Read my other stories when they publish and yea the first time you see them you have to freak. I'm like you I've had similar experiences and my ability to sense them has gotten stronger and felt one of them touch my hand two nights ago. Not all of them are scary, email me at lostmemories37 [at] yahoo.com, I'm twelve not 37, Katherine
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
the new stuff might just be related to the old... Time doesn't seem to matter to spirit beings lik it does for us. Interested to hear your newer storeies.
mista_fyed1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I guess I felt "If you can't see it, it can't hurt you" When I saw "IT" I was hysterical believe me! Lol
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
How could you not be scared of those whisperings and pokings? 😲
I guess you were an incredible kid!

And please write your other stories. We are all interested.😁
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Mista--You're one of the minority in not being scared as a 10 year old. With such a number of odd sounds and sights, I trust you were not so young as to confuse normal reality with extra-reality.
And though we might scratch ourselves in reachable places whilst sleeping, I believe the self-preservation instinct is enough in command to prevent us from trying to strangle ourselves.
Write your other stories. We're all intersted.
~ James
mista_fyed1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Well, actually I wasn't scared to be there at all. Having my room in the basement was kind of cool to me. I didn't even think of it. Even the poking in my side and hearing people talking didn't phase me. I wasn't scared of things like that. Lol I don't know. I was a wierd kid. But we were there about 3 years and that one night I awoke and definitely saw a person (black figure) looking down at me. If it hadn't been that it was winter leaving no footprints I would've probably thought it to be a real person. At that house I remember I had a dream someone was strangling me and when I woke up I had red marks on my neck. Yes It could've been me holding my neck but it must've been a tight grip to leave red marks! Some other things have happened in another apartment when I was 25 but that's another story I'll have to write. Take care!
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
I would not have liked to be put in the basement even if it was nicely decorated. And haunted or not, it would unnerve me at night, so perhaps your Imagination was in overdrive, expecting something to be there. What other stuff have you seen and heard regards Jack 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: