You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted House I Lived In

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House I Lived In

 

This story took place in sweetwater texas where I was born and raised. I had written a story before about using an Ouija board in the house after some time the house became very haunted. It was a pink 2-storey house with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in it. I believe the house wasn't haunted when we first moved into it because my brother or me never experienced anything until after me and a friend played with an Ouija board one day. We started hearing all kinds of noises in the house at night when we were trying to sleep, seeing apparitions of people coming in the bedroom messing with things on the dressers and stuff.

Now the history of this house was that an old man had fallen asleep with a cigarette and the house caught on fire, luckily it only burned the middle inside of the house so they were able to save it and restore it. That story came from the people who lived there before, but the story I heard from others who had lived nearby for years say that a young man lived there and his girlfriend decided to leave him for another and her and her mistress or mister boarded him up in his room and set it on fire. I more believe that story because my brother stayed in the room that he supposedly died in and often he would tell me that he would just be sitting in his room and all of a sudden he would smell a smell like the room was on fire like burning wood or something! Strange thing is I never told my brother the story I had heard about his room!

I started sleeping on the couch because the room I slept in felt very haunted at night, one night I was nearly asleep and I heard what sounded like someone opened the door to my room and started picking things up off the dresser and putting them back down again! I experienced this just about every time I slept in the room but this night was different after about a couple of minuets [and I had my full body covered up scared to death at this point!] I felt someone kneel down beside my ear and I felt an eerie breathe and a voice whispered get out! It was the last time I ever slept in the room again.

My stereo in the next bedroom I had chosen would come on blaring music in the middle of the night and always wake me. The TV volume always would slowly get louder or progress lower in volume while you were trying to watch TV and the VCR would often spit out any tape that was in it. It always scared me so bad that I would tell mom and dad what was going on but they thought I was just crazy or too superstitious so I quit telling them things.

Evidently before the house caught fire, the staircase to the upstairs was in a different place and even friends we had over would experience the sound of someone walking up and down the stairs but the sound wasn't coming from where the stairs are now they were coming from the kitchen area where the kitchen is now. I had several friends had to go home when they heard this when they had planned to spend the night that night!

My brother woke me up one night from a deep sleep telling me he woke up, and had to go to the bathroom and that something had attacked him in there! I said yeah your just trying to scare me but when he lifted his shirt up his whole back was scratched up it was unbelievable! And he had a scared look on his face I had never seen before and it scared me too.

About 2 years had passed and I was about 18 years old when I had my daughter well about nearly 3 years after that when she was just learning to talk we were trying to get her to sleep one night in my parents bedroom in the dark when suddenly she said [momma?] and I said yes baby what is it? And she said that man in the corner of the room won't quit looking at me! I got a scared voice and said what man baby? And she just said that man in the corner. That was the only experience that I know of that my daughter had in that house.

I also saw one time what looked like a cloud of white smoke floating around up above the couch and as soon as I saw it, it disappeared into my brothers room. Another time I was in the house alone and saw a dark shadow figure of a man standing in my dark bedroom at night.

My parents, me and my brother lived in the house 8 years and we didn't start seeing things for about 2 years after we were already there which is kind of strange because usually if a house is haunted I believe it will be from the beginning. That's why I truly believe the spirit in the house didn't present itself until after I brought an Ouija in the house and by the way my friend came back to get her board but mysteriously I tore the entire house up looking for it and never found it again!

Thank you for letting me share my interesting ghost story with viewers. Tiny

Other hauntings by tiny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tiny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MandoSadGirl (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
OMG! THE STEREO! You know the song beautiful woman, well in this house, anonymous, well, were like sleeping up stairs, the house was all dark, no one was in there, and the stereo from downstairs just started blaring and it was the song beautifull woman, and the CD skipped so it was like 'Beautiful WO~ BeautiFUL WO~ BeaUTIFUL WO~' like OMG, that's soo scary, I have seen the mist your talkign about, becuse my Living room was like glass and I saw a mist go, so I told my firend, she and her cousin saw it too, down the street, WE LIVE IN THE SAME SUBURB, but OMG! Your storie, is soo scary! 😲
FATMIKED518 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
this is just too freaky! I see a lot of similarities between this story, and the one I just wrote. And other things about my old house are the same, like the part about the stereo. And one of the previous owners tried burning it down. You can still see charred beams in parts of the house.I'm shaking right now!
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Wow...spooky.

I guess, when you played with the ouija board, you somehow made a way for the spirit to return. And now it is haunting you.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
as People said in your other story, worst thing you did was play with the board, you may have awoken the spirits when you brought that board into your house. It does sound like a residual haunting with the stair case. Also sounds like you had a intelligent haunt or possibly an demonic spirit, just my opinion and observation's
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
Interesting point about the stairs. Which is very like a haunting connected to the past, ie a recording that does not interact with the present. In other words its always been there. Might be not what you believe is there, and not your fault with the ouiji board eh regards Jack 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: