You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Told You There Were Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

I Told You There Were Shadow People

 

I would like to start by saying that I am a fairly logical person in my thinking. So when my husband told me that when he was coming to bed one night, he saw shadows in the shape of humans outside our bedroom door I told him that it was just a light trick. He neglected to tell me that these didn't just look like shadow people, they looked like black holes in the shapes of humans.

I used to have terrible dreams. I haven't had them in years now, since I was a teenager. Last night felt like a terrible dream that I couldn't wake up from. I got up to go to the washroom which is just down the hall from our bedroom. (I'm 7 months pregnant so I get up frequently during the night) When I finished and went to go back to our room, there was a black figure outside the bedroom door. It was just the pure absence of light. We have three cats who are usually awake and running around at night. If either of us get up to go to the washroom, they usually come and push the door open. They were nowhere to be seen.

I went to open the door and it closed the distance between us and I felt the most intense and worst fear I have ever felt in my life. I ran into the bedroom, closing the door and tried to calm down. When I had succeeded in doing that I tried to go to sleep. When I closed my eyes however, it felt as though I was being pushed deep down into the mattress. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, I could hardly breathe. When it let me go, I could see it drifting away from the side of the bed but it didn't leave. It just stood by the door. I tried to wake my husband. By the time he woke up it wasn't there. He went back to sleep. He was moving and whimpering in his sleep which isn't normal for him after that. It seemed that every time I closed my eyes, I would be paralyzed. I was thankful for the sun this morning.

I got up with my husband and told him about my experience last night and asked him if he felt or noticed anything weird. He felt a little unrested but that was it. I got a big "I TOLD YOU THERE WERE SHADOW PEOPLE". I'm a respite worker and we had a foster kid stay the night last night. He feels unrested as well. He said the cats wouldn't go into the hallway last night. That they would sit in the dining room and stare. I didn't want to scare him by telling him what happened to me, so I thought it was odd that he would say that out of the blue.

I wanted to share my story because I was reading this morning that I am definitely not the only one that has experienced this. I don't feel as crazy knowing I'm not the only one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilith2136, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Firice (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
I had a similar experience, though nothing physical like being pushed down into the mattress or suffocating.
Don't worry, you are definitely not the only one.
The shadow-being I saw, though they may be different types of entities entirely, disappeared for good after my daughter was born. Maybe yours will too?
Congratulations on the bub, by the way.:)
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I've never seen an actual bonifide "shadow person" but I know someone who has and I guess still does. She's one of the most level headed people I know and because of my interest in these things she told me about it, I doubt she had shared this with to many. I have no idea what these things are, I don't know if anyone really does though I've read all sorts of theories given, all of course are baseless, they have to be. The way she explained them it seemed like hers would just walk through a doorway from an alternative dimension/reality and dissappear. Like they were observing and when seen themselves would go back to where ever they came from. I suppose there could be an endless variety of them if there are an almost endless supply of other dimensions, supposing some of them have aquired the ability to go back and forth.
Sergeant (3 stories) (98 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Some great advice here.
I advise not to be afraid of any being. I don't believe any of them "Feed" off of you but you are more vulnerable filled with fear than with a calm rational mind.

I understand fear is a natural emotion but if you can turn that pending fear into rational, controlled anger and demand it leave would be better.

Nobody knows exactly what the shadow beings are. The most advanced rational discussion I've ever came across about them is here:

Http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130114&hl=shadowpeople&st=0
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
lilith2136 -
Thanks for sharing your experience. Please know that not all shadow people are negative. Some are positive spirits who only have the level or type of energy to manifest in that way versus showing themselves as full-color apparitions - that takes a lot of energy.

When you see these shadow people, you feel negative. Try to think to yourself: am I just very scared that this is happening and that is why they seem negative, or are they really giving off negative vibes? If they truly feel negative, take back your home. It is your home, don't allow them to be there. Tell them they are unwelcome and they have to leave. Don't show fear around them.

If you still feel uncomfortable, seek the help of a paranormal group. They should be able to determine if there is any paranormal activity in your home, and may be able to help you get rid of negativity or suggest someone who can. REMEMBER: you should not have to pay for their services. If they charge you anything beyond asking you for gas money if they live a distance away, try another group.

Blessings to you!
ParaTam
bloodsugar (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
You aren't crazy. Not even close. Thanks to the movie Paranormal Activity, more and more people feel free to share their experiences with shadow people. It's like they're everywhere. And I guess they are.
I'm sorry that one hurt you though. I've heard of plenty of stories where the figures just "watch" so many call them Watchers. This is going to sound crazy but maybe you can... Talk to it. To them. Like you're talking to a person. Just explain you're pregnant (congratulations!) and you can't afford scares like that. Maybe it will help.
Good luck.
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
You're hardly crazy. There has been an abundance of reports of "shadow walkers" as I call them and there seem to be more and more of them. My order is currently researching these creatures but they are obnoxiously elusive. They tend to perfer catching people alone and instill fear in their victims and feed off of the energy. Despite conflicting reports, they don't appear to respond to any religious counter measures like prayer or crosses. So far, I've recommended Smudging the house. I don't know if anyone is doing it, so I don't know for sure if it will work. Shadow Walkers are most commonly found in Native American lore, so I recommend Native American measures to drive them out. Good luck! And let me know how this turns out!
Lupernikes (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
for my 2 cents, they aren't strictly demons, or the spirits of the dead, rather something else entirely. The fear they give off like smoke is the fact that we recognise them to be inhuman in origen and thus cause us to instinctively back up and want to run; they are outside of our experiences and thus feel evil and alien. Why they are here? I've encountered them since I was a child and know the difference between ghosts and shadows. They feel different and behave differently, they are more intelligent and "alive" than ghosts tend to be. When I last encountered one it behaved intelligently and seemed curious about my seeing and sensing it; it even tried to communicate with me but I had yet to overcome my fear of such creatures and could not move to where it was waiting (definately waiting)...

They could be messengers, observers or some kind of intelligent being which has as it's origen something distinct to ours. I believe them to be spiritual, in the broadest sense of the word and have been in our mythology and beliefs forever. For anyone who is interested; read up on wraiths, wights, the Be
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
If you get a chance read my story.
Honestly speaking, you said in your story they are absent of light, they give off a sense of fear and cause unrest sounds to me like they are demons. Do you still live in that house?
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
lilith2136,
Black shadows are good or bad. Just like people. They are mostly the deceased.
But those dead in accident sites, some are trapped and has to take lives before able to moving on to next stage.
See the video, add the necessary symbols and the 3w.
Youtube.com/watch?v=olvwGQatjno&feature=related
Because the careful driver saw in advance and able to brake the train, the baby just had bruises and scratches on the forehead.
You can see the black shadow lurking at the very start, and went to check and claim life but was disappointed.
If he were the angel, he would have stopped the stroller from rolling!

Of you, the deceased relatives may come check the baby, or others come to claim lives.
It's you to know. Sometimes it's warning or messages wanting to deliver.
I'd say, have frequent check-ups. And don't intercourse before the delivery.
Premature baby born will be volatile and hazadous.

Got up frequently during night, represents weak kidneys, or swollen legs. You have to be very careful.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Most shadow people are demons. Probably all. If they gather enough energy, they can show a more frightening form. It attacks you because it needs to feed on your negative energy. They attack normally at midnight. They normally paralyze their victims so they cannot escape and instill more fear.
You have to pray to God and command it leave.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Lilith2136,
First of all congrats on the baby 😁 My aunty has just given birth to a gawgus little boy:D Thought of any names yet?:D

Your story sounds quite frightening. I have just been told that there's shadow people in my friends house... They haven't done anything as yet but I'm hoping nothing does! I have just posted my story on here if youd like to read it? Its on my profile:D
Id say maybe ask them to leave in a firm voice... Just tell them there not welcome in your home and ask them to leave.
If this doesn't work then there's other options you can take like cleansing and getting help from your local priest.

I must say your story was very well written 😉

xXelliemayXx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: