You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Villa

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Villa

 

When I was younger I remember going to Spain a lot with my family and my aunt's family, as it wasn't too expensive and it was nice to get away from the usually cold British air every once in a while. We would sometimes go into hotels, but usually we would stay in Villa's.

There was this one time when I was about eight years old, we decided to go on holiday again. This Villa was a small cottage, with a big swimming pool in the back garden. I remember there was a small kitchen, bathroom and a lounge. Four bedrooms, one for me and my cousin who are roughly the same age, one for my two older brothers, one for my parents, and a room for my aunty and uncle. There was one single bed in the rooms, a wardrobe, and a big window. So now that's out the way I can get into the story.

The first time I saw the house I really didn't like it. It was creepy looking and it gave off a horrible feeling, almost like something was telling me to go away. The rooms in the house were dark and everything just seemed weird. So anyway as soon as we got there we decided to have a swim. The back garden seemed eerie, and I just didn't like the look of the pool but everybody seemed to be getting in so I just decided to myself. I was soon splashing around and I almost forgot the whole creepiness of the house until I looked up at the window were my room was and saw a tall dark shadow just standing there looking down at me. I thought maybe it was my parents or something, but looking around I realized everyone was outside. I was just about to get out the pool when I felt a massive tug at my feet, I tried to swim to the side but I just couldn't. I looked around but nobody seemed to notice my struggle. I struggled for what seemed like ages until I was pulled right down into the water. My family must have noticed because I felt strong arms pulling me out of the water and onto land. I was crying and seriously thought I was going to die. When I looked down at my legs, there were red handprint marks were "something" had pulled me under. After that incident I wasn't allowed to go in the pool again, but after that I seriously didn't care.

The next thing which happened took place at night. I was sleeping in bed with my cousin, when we woke up suddenly to a massive thud coming from the roof. The next thing I hear is everyone talking and getting out of bed to investigate. Me and my cousin got out of bed and followed everyone else. My dad quickly got a knife out of the cutlery draw and slowly went outside. We looked onto the roof nobody there. We looked out onto the street which was deserted. We went back inside and investigate. Me being tired decided to make my way back to bed. Just as I walked into the room I noticed the same figure that I saw in the pool. It stood there looking at me then gave me a horrifying look. I can't really explain it but it really scared me. I couldn't seem to move or scream for help. I gave all my strength and eventually screamed as loud as I could. Everyone came rushing in, still looking for the "burglar", but instead saw me standing there just looking at the wall where I saw the ghost. Everyone just looked at me like I was crazy.

Just as we were about to leave (thank god) we decided to go on the internet. We were looking at villas and came across ours. We decided to read some of the comments that previous holiday makers had written. It said something along the lines of, "I have been in this property and have reported seeing a weird figure in one of the bedrooms that just stares there looking at you, whether your in the room or not". And one comment about feeling creeped out in the pool, and even hearing piercing screams from the garden late at night. I think I experienced some of these things in that house. My parents just laughed and shrugged it off though. So could this Spanish Villa really have been haunted and if so what were they and why were they there?

Other hauntings by ghostsarereal2

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostsarereal2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
ok that is just plan old creepy! Good story though. Did you ever think about looking into the land of the villa? That might help you more.
GIRLIE 😁
emb1983 (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
I can't offer any advice, but I too wondered why your parents wouldn't want to leave after the pool incident. That would scare the living day lights out of me and I'd never want to swim again!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
That is SO scary! With the pool? I don't think I'd ever want to go back there, and it would take me a while before I got back into a pool. I'm surprised that your parents didn't take the handprints on your legs a little more seriously. I would be FREAKED at that point, parent or kid. I'm glad that you guys made it out okay. Where in Spain is this villa? And also, maybe you could do some research on the place, I'd love to know more about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: