You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow People Or Demon, Can I Defend Against Them?

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People Or Demon, Can I Defend Against Them?

 

The following experience isn't the first paranormal one I've had in my life, but it is the first one that I am at a loss when trying to rationalize it.

It happened after the holiday party at my company, I was exhausted and decided to take a nap on my couch for a while, it was 3:30 PM. When I woke up it was getting dark and I just kind of lay there with my eyes slightly shut preparing to get up, but I was not asleep. Rather gradually, I tried to open my eyes but they wouldn't open, I tried to move my legs and arms but they were unresponsive. At this point I started to panic, not because I haven't had sleep paralysis before but because I felt this shadowy presence next to me, whatever "it" was leaned close to me and started BREATHING on my neck. All I could think of in my head was "What the F...?!", eventually I was able to move again and of course when my eyes finally cooperated there was nothing in the room, however, I could still feel my skin tingling from where "it" breathed on me. I don't know if this is important to note but I didn't feel threatened other than the fact that "it" was freaky to have something unknown breathe on your neck.

Later that night I told the story to my roommate, who happened to be a youth pastor at a Korean church nearby. He was understanding and shared with me a story that he said he wouldn't have otherwise told me because he didn't want me to freak out.

His experience was 1 week prior to mine. He was preparing his sermon for next morning and it was around 2 A.M., he looked up from his desk because he noticed the door to his room opening, a shadowy figure stepped in the room and started walking towards him with one hand outstretched. He was frozen in place from the abruptness but as it got close he started screaming at it "Get out! Get out! GET OUT!" he looked down to flip on another light next to him and by the time he looked up again "it" had disappeared.

He told me that this was the first time he'd experienced something like this in our house, and suggested that "it" might have been following me for a while. While I don't deny that to be false, it has been almost a year since anything strange has occurred in my life, does anyone have any idea what this entity might be or if it means harm?

P.S., I have not smelt any sulfuric acids or experienced cold spots might have been slightly warm when it happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Allemande, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ta (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
i experience something similar, just that the shadow being was reaching out for me. I did saw shadow being when I was small.
DarkAngel (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
I've had the same problem, the thing about demons is they can change their shape, confuse you, make you believe that their a "good" spirit... Until you fall into their trap. I don't really have any advice because mine is still here... But just be careful cause you don't want to piss the bugger off if it is a demon.
Good luck ❤
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
You slept with light on! Spirits are not afraid of light, they can easlity shiat it off. If it's a demon, well pray if you need to.
Allemande (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
I'll give that shot, so far I've been keeping a light on as well as leaving the TV on while I sleep, it has been working so far, but only been a few days:/
Allemande (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Thanks for the analysis VampireLord, I couldn't see it because my eyes wouldn't open, but in my mind's eyes I saw it to be a dark humanoid figure without and distinguishing characteristics, like a nose or mouth. I hope dearly that it is just passing by as I've been having trouble sleeping after that.
VampireLord (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
From reading your storie I cany see if it is good or evil. You were talking about a warmth when it happend, This would suggest that it is a good spirit. It also appeared to your roommate so I wouldn't know why it be following you specifficly. If it keeps bothering you you might want to get an expert on it. Did it have a human shape or something else totally?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: