You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Attacked A Shadow Person

Real Ghost Stories

I Attacked A Shadow Person

 

I have decided to submit my account of an occurrence which prompted me to find this website when searching for Shadow People (seems to be the accepted PC term for these beings). Need I try to convince you it's a true story? Like everyone else says I really don't worry if you believe it or not, but here goes.

I will keep the story fairly brief and condense the event and circumstances to explain.

Basically I was in my late teens (10 or so years ago) in a rather mundane stage of life as many young men are at that age. I had always had a fascination with the occult and paranormal from a very young age and had been exposed to quite a few events that could only be understood as paranormal at the time. So during this stage of my teens I had dabbled in finding out various aspects of religions or occult, mainly on the internet and at the library. This wasn't some obsession but definitely a continued interest in my life. I would sometimes visit cemeteries just to 'chill out' and contemplate, as I am sure many of you do or have done. I mention all these things just to give you a quick idea of my way of thinking and open mindedness.

To cut it short, basically one night I woke up for some reason and sat up and just started to look around the room for a clue why I had been woken, and across the room by a long wall mirror (not directly in front of) was the 7-8 foot tall (or floating to reach this height?) apparition of a dense black seemingly hooded figure. Once my eyes had adjusted and I could confirm that it wasn't just in my head or part of a fading lucid state I had an uncontrollable urge to confront this figure and I leapt out of bed taking bed coverings and all with me, and I virtually 'tackled' the wall in an attempt to subdue this intruder. It disappeared leaving no trace then I then quickly flipped the light on being close to the switch. I was very worked up and full of adrenaline. So basically I had scared this visitor away with what felt like instinctive retaliation. I must point out that I had been having other unsettling but unclear occurrences around this time and was spiritually very open, so perhaps openly inviting the unknown into my life. I must also mention that I had an Ouija board (home made) in my bedroom at the time which was never really tried out properly.

Was this just a mental state of confusion and misinterpretation of a bad dream? Or was this, like many increasing reports of such events, the 'real deal'?

This was not my first encounter with an entity; however this was the first apparition I could sense visually. Since then I have never seen one again and I am not surprised. I am not scared of such things but I am very challenged by the possibility that the unknown holds.

Take from this what you will, and feel free to ask questions if you have any interest. I would like to state that I believe humanity is becoming more aware of 'the paranormal' and It's a privilege that we are able to share and compare our accounts and ideas in this way.

So please feel free to comment.

Kiwi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KiwiSpirit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Explosion123 (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
lolz wow.
Next time I see a shadow person, if I remember, I hope I do the same. XD
Paranoid (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
I remember when I was younger, my bed was facing a different direction and I woke up suddenly, I still don't know why, but I saw a shadowy person looking at me. It had no features, but I thought it was my mom, because it made a popping sound like when my mom's joints popped occasionally. I never thought anything of it, but now it freaks me out. I know I wasn't dreaming because my eyes were wide open. I just went back to sleep. I don't remember exactly how old I was.
cloudstrife (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-22)
thats kind of scary because all accounts of "death" is a hooded figure so either that or just an entity I'm not sure 🤔
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Yeah I got a lot of nightmares before, some scary lady with a dirty dress with large eyes always visit my goodnight dreams and turning it into a nightmare but sorry for her messing up with me. Even on my dream I do the same lol. I put a punch on her face while doing her scary stuff and she will run (as always) to hide somewhere, but she never give up though haha.
bored4life101 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Wow...Your really super brave to do such a thing... Because I would never never ever do that, but next time I'll try to do it and let's hope I won't be internally injured, haha.;)
Summit (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Yeah I did that too... When I saw it like I mentioned (staircase and my cat comment), I stood up and told him "what are you?" it suddenly disappeard like sand. I thought it will go somewhere else and I am willing to follow it to know their hide out 😆
Mika (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
I'm sure the shadow was rather surprised, if not downright shocked, when you attacked instead of freezing up 😆
I think I would have been too!
boob00_99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
yo gee.
New zealand kiiwi bro!
That really is the kiwi spitit man!
LOL I wouldve done the same!

KIWI too
redraider1997 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
Wow. Thats really scary. But I LOVE how your survival instinct kicked in and you TACKLED him! Wooh! Go Kiwi! 😆
PseudoHuman (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
This story reminds me of a time when I was in a hotel in Flagstaff, Arizona that is known to be haunted. I woke up and saw the same exact entity that you describe except I was terrified and could not move from my bed. I would have to sat that was probably my most terrifying moment. I never thought of it as a Shadow person although in hindsight that makes sense as it was shadowy! I wonder if other people have experienced that at the hotel.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
-Moongrim,
LOL that's mean! But then again a very good point. Even if it only caputured attention or activated metaphysical contact between one's self and the entity (right term?) Keep your ideas rolling...

Kiwi
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-02)
I've wondered what would the effect of a laser beam would be on a Shadow Folk would be. Considering what it does to human eyes.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
-Darkness, I fully get what you mean about 'The Others' that really did help with understanding that perspective of some kind of interdimensional exsistence between the living and the dead. I mean, these figures could be in similar situations in refrence to 'the others' and that would be just as frightening to them. They could also be the living future and we are the long since deceased past, but have yet to actually reach that point. Adding the interaction between living maybe? Oh so much to contemplate! Lol its great.

We will all find out 'one day' eventually, but it would be handy having a little info of where we are going, such as knowing a little about a country before you travel there.

Thanks for your comment.

Kiwi
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Hi KiwiSpirit as I'm sure you yourself has maybe recognised there are plenty of encounters where we ourselves have seen spirits,ghosts,apparitions etc, and they have been terrified by seeing us. It kind of reminds me of the movie The Others if you have not seen it be sure to watch it. But its good to hear that you are not frightened by them and are willing to tackle one anytime haha.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Thank You all for your comments and questions. And yes, anything that sneaks into my room will probably think twice before doing it again (I don't live in that place anymore)... It's a place of sacred rest for me and that will not be comprimised.
-DeviousAngel, I'm glad you can have a light hearted giggle about things like that, because it doesn't always have to be about fear and torment as is the rule in life, we can fight back. (although I am not saying the visitor was there to harm me or not)
-Moonshadow, it's great that you can now feed your curiosity without manipulation from powers that feel they should decide what you can and can't learn. Becoming aware and having an open mind probably allows us to start experiencing more of the unkown (acknowledging feelings and sightings) without ridicule. Just as society once believed the earth was flat and you could fall off the edge, we are 'chipping away at the large paranromal iceberg' - there is probably a very dangerous element within these other dimensions and possibilities so please be careful.
-Fatthead, I did not make out facial features although limbs were distinct from the reast of the body. Because it was so unusual I feel my concern was more to deal wtih the intruder rather than take a description at the time like most people... I wish I could elaborate but I don't want to start making things up. There were no red eyes etc.
-michellelovesghosts, I got rid of that ouija board quite quicky and have never had one since and I agree that it could be a strong enough physical object to open a channel between worlds.
-zzsgranny, Forums such as these are a huge impact on the openness of our colective understanding and comfort in confiding, usualy this stuff would be dismissed as imagination or mental illness... I don't recall any pain from confronting the figure, I think my adrenaline had blocked most nerves luckily.
There must be a purpose or reason to the exsistence of these beings, there could be many possibilities but perhaps we are not meant to know? Just to throw it into the mix... They could be alive and from an alien dimension rather than from a death realm of our own.

Kiwi
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
kiwispirit:...your comment about awareness of the paranormal, I don't know if we're becoming more aware or because of forums like this, that we're more likely to recognize and share it without the fear of being committed! 😆...And I have noticed a definate change in attitude towards the paranormal... The people that used to look at you like you're crazy, come to you for help!...

I got a kick out of you tackling the wall!...That must have hurt, but your goal was accomplished... 😆 I don't think it was a dream... I believe that Shadow People are a completely separate entity from any other... The fact that so many are seeing them, and interacting with them, shows me that they have a purpose other than to scare the crap outta us!...

Good story... And please send more!
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
just having a ouija board in the house is opening a portal and inviting "things".
Im sure it won't be the last time you have a visitor. I had a creepy experience with oujia and vowed never to touch one ever again.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Kiwi you se facial features and limbsand did it feal threating. I Aloways wondered if all theys shadow being are evil.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Hi KiwiSpirit.
I enjoyed that story, like you iv had a lot of paranormal experiances in my life and allways had an intrest in the occoult unfortunatley there was no internet when I was a teen so you had to sit in the library and read up on it if you could find anything as the catholic church ruled everything here in Ireland at that time so a lot of thing's were banned but we are free from their iron fist now. There is a lot of talk now about shadow people and recently in my bedroom in the day time I seen a black shadow move accross the wall slowly I'm not sure if it was a reflection or not because my window is not facing the wall where I seen it and because my room look's out onto the back garden it wouldent be a reflection from traffic I waited for a few minutes to see if I would see it again but unfortunatley not or nothing since. Hope to read more of your stories soon take care...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-01)
Kiwi, thanks for sharing your story! I have to admit, I laughed a little at this one (don't take it the wrong way!) I just loved how your instinct was to tackle him: "Hey! Get out of my room!" That's probably what I would have done too! It was likely that your first instinct was to think that maybe someone had snuck into your room, and usually the element of surprise gives you the upper hand. Imagine a spirit who is intent on startling you, only to have you jump up and confront IT! 😆 I bet you gave HIM a scare!

Best of luck to you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: