You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: This Has Stuck With Me - Entity Experience

Real Ghost Stories

This Has Stuck With Me - Entity Experience

 

I'm thirty five years old and I'm writing my story to share it with everyone and to find out if anyone has had the same experience as I have had.

To start with a bit of a history I grew up in Monterey, CA and moved on to several cities between 1978 to 1981. My family finally decided to settle to live in Hollister, CA in 1982. As some of you might know Hollister, CA was a very small town during the early 80's.

We lived in an old Victorian house. It was creepy yes, but this house was only a one storey house. We had heard stories that someone had committed suicide in what was the attic. Stories of the sort were very quickly dismissed. I'm very easily scared and I do not just dismiss stories like that. Take in account that I was a child in the 80's but I feel as though I've always been sensitive and attracted to the paranormal.

My family and I lived in that old Victorian house for a total of seven years and I can recount off hand about 15 to 20 experiences that I had with the paranormal in that house. Other members of my family also experienced many things in that house that for some reason we did not want to believe. We finally moved back to the Monterey Peninsula in 1987.

Now, the particular story I want to relay is that of what happened to my two sisters and myself at an apartment we moved in when we were in our 20's. That particular apartment that we were moving into was pretty much left in shambles. The living room walls had holes in them in several places like if someone had punched their fist through it. The carpet had what looked like a burnt mark in the middle of the living room. I didn't get the best feeling when my sister's friend showed us this apartment and told us that the apartment owners would be renovating it to livable conditions so we could move in.

Once we came back the apartment was in beautiful conditions. It had pretty much new everything...well, with the exception of the 70's looking kitchen. Anyway, about a month went by and we were all moved in. My two sisters and I were pretty much sharing this one bedroom apartment that worked for us. The room upstairs was a good size. We took turns sharing the queen bed while the other slept on the floor. We were still in the process of buying furniture and we were in much need of a couple new or semi used beds.

Living in our apartment was exciting for us. We came and went to school and work. We'd come back from our day's ventures and then we'd settle in for the night. It took us a bit to fall asleep each night because there was a family next door that had a young child or baby who would cry like if he was being hurt by someone or something.

It was a terrified type of crying. I can't really explain it but we'd hear the parent come in and try to calm the baby down. We didn't think much of it but this would happen nightly. One night it bothered me so much that I told my sister that if someone was hurting this baby I'd go to the cops and call CPS on the family. I was not joking! The baby's cries were so haunting! It definitely left me feeling uneasy every night.

The following night it happened again to no surprise. I told my sister this is it I'm going to report this family to CPS and I'm going to file a report. I told my sister that she should say a small prayer out loud as to help us sleep and I asked my sister to please include this baby in her prayer.

It was my turn to sleep on the bed. Yes, two of us slept in the bed. My other sister was on the floor since it was her turn to sleep on the floor. My other sister started the prayer. The following is an out take of what I remember she said in her prayer.

"God, we come to you tonight to thank you for this day you've given us. We ask that you keep us safe this evening and we are able to have a productive day tomorrow. We also come to you and ask that you please help this child next door to us that cry's all night. We hope no one is hurting it in any way. Please be with him tonight and...

...Right then and there all three of us felt something LARGE come in the room. My sister stopped praying and my other sister jumped in bed with us. I asked them, "Do you feel that, do you feel what feels as a heaviness or thickness in the room? They both said yes. We were terrified! We laid there frozen and afraid to move. The entity felt LARGE! We felt it move through the room into the other neighbors apartment.

I asked my sister to please continue praying and she did. We felt at ease after she was done with the prayer. We felt a calm come upon us. Then I asked my sisters... Do you notice something? They said no and I told them..."the baby is no longer crying" I told them that we should continue to pray out loud every night from now on. They agreed. Soon after that we found another apartment and moved from there. It was the best thing we did!

Well, I hope someone else can share with me what might be a similar experience. To this day my sisters don't like talking about what happened that night because not talking about it makes them feel as if it never did. I just want to feel as though I'm not alone out here.

Thank you all for reading!

Xochi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 2Scared, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GoldenGate (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-11)
Hi Xochi, I think you have a nice story to tell. Usually people when they got frightened or when they have to face a problem they forget to pray.
😜
Poor baby. You should pray for the baby.
Http://indigo-crystal-starseed.blogspot.com/2010/07/reality-matrix.html
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-06)
Thank you for sharing your story. It must have been frightening. I am glad that you were able to have someone with you and that you all came out safe.

My father built a new home for himself and his family. It was a beautiful house.

I went and spent a few days with him and I smoke as did my dad and his wife. I wanted to sit on the front porch and listen to the frogs singing in the pond back of his house.
I was sitting there relaxing when I heard a baby crying. It seemed to come from the corner, but there wasn't even a house there.
I ask my dad about it and told him what I had heard.

He said that before he moved into the house, there was a house on that corner.

He also told me that people from time to time heard a baby crying. The baby had died in the fire. The house bruned to the ground and the couple never rebuilt.

Your not alone. There are others that have had this experience.

Take care and I will keep you in my thoughts, all positive.
2Scared (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Thank you all for your comments. JimD thanks for your suggestions for prayers and who to mention. I'm not catholic but I am a Christian.

DannyBruise - Sorry to hear that something similar happened to you when you were seven years old. I hope you know how to pray now.

DeviousAngel - thank you. I am Mexican so that's where my name comes from. From the flower Goddess of Xochitlmilco, Mexico.

I'm going to go read everyone's stories after I post this comment.
Thank you again,
Xochi
P.S.
Next Olympics are at Sochi, Russia! Not spelled the same but pronounced the same! Hahaha
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-28)
The heaviness and thickness in the room you talk about reminds me so much of my encounter with some kind of entity as a young seven year old boy.
Maybe if I knew how to pray at seven, I could've made it go away.
Thank God you knew how to pray.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Interesting story. I've heard similar stories many times before. It sounds demonic, yes, as so many of these stories do. Try (Catholic) Holy water, blessed salt, and using the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. MIchael the Archangel. The Rosary also helps a lot, as does, if you're Catholic, frequent receipt of the Sacraments. Good luck Dukes2352atAOL.com.
PS A baby (or animal) crying in terrible agony, often when there's no baby in the whole building, has been related to me several times. The demonic are experts at psychological warfare and often employ this tactic.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
i really enjoyed this story, I could picture it very clearly. Nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I believe your story and thank you for sharing.
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
This morning as I got home from work and couldn't really sleep, so I did what I usually do in the mornings. Read the recent Stories at YGS lol... Great way to put yourself to sleep huh.

Anyways Xochi (had a friend by that name in Mexico by the way,lol) I was going through the stories and began to read yours and OMG-ATOS!.
I was like "WOW." Just felt chills all over, I could just immagine that!.
The poor little baby! Thank god somehow... You guys did what you did!. You were at the right time and at the right place it seems, Just think what would happened if things were just left like that, It scares me to even think about it.

Thank God you had your sisters with you, Its great to have someone around, In my case I sleep better.I'm guessing whaever it was must have been very negative and all of you praying send it right to were it belongs.

Well God bless,I'm also looking forward to reading any of your other experiences.
Thank you for the awesome Story. ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
I think she pronounces it "Sochee"...from what I know, the name has its roots in the Aztec language/culture. It's a very beautiful name!
2Scared (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Hello DeviousAngel. Thanks for leaving a comment. I will start sharing some of those experiences that happened to me and my family in that victorian house in Hollister.
I believe the name Xochitl is very common in Mexico. I take it your co-worker is latina. I'm going to go read your stories. Thanks for sharing.
Xochi
P.S. Does she pronounce it Chochie?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
Hi Xochi, and thank you for sharing your experience. I feel so bad for that poor baby! I'm interested to hear about your experiences at the victorian house in Hollister. I'm another fellow Californian;) and surprisingly, you are the second person I've heard of named Xochi! I work with a girl by that name!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: