You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice In My Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice In My Bedroom

 

Since childhood, I have had a number of what I call "little experiences" that could be paranormal.

One of the most recent experiences happened 2 years ago in our house in Pennsylvania. My husband and I lived alone in a very large house for the last seven out of the eight years we owned it. On this particular Saturday morning, I got up to get ready to do my grocery shopping as I did every Saturday morning. When I got out of the shower, I realized that I had taken much longer than usual and was worried my husband might be anxious for me to get going so that I could be back home by early afternoon as he liked me to do.

The TV was on in our bedroom at a very low volume, and I thought I heard my husband in there, so I called out to him "Honey, are you there?" To which came a reply of something like "yes, what's up?" I proceeded to say "I am almost ready, OK?"

What a shock I had when about five minutes later my husband comes running up the stairs into our master suite and past the bathroom door. I asked where he was coming from, to which he replied "from outside, I was doing the lawn, why?"

Who or what answered me that day? I supposed I could have imagined his voice answering me, although I did hear other things in that room at times. I often heard music when I was trying to go to sleep and the nearest neighbor was some distance away. My husband also heard the music from time-to-time, and once even a visiting relative who entered my room heard the music and was spooked.

I am a person who does not need an alarm clock to wake up in the mornings. I tell myself that I need to be up at exactly whatever time, and my eyes pop open at or just before the specified time. A few years ago, perhaps five or six, my husband was out of town for business and I had agreed to meet him in Orlando, FL for the weekend. The night before I was to travel I stayed up until 02:00 AM and needed to be up by 04:00 AM to pack and make my 07:00 AM flight. As usual, I told myself at what time I need to be up and drifted of to sleep. I remember barely waking up to a man's voice softly saying "Lucy, get up", and when I didn't jump out of bed the voice came back louder to say "Lucy, get up now!" When I looked at the clock, it was 04:01 AM, just a minute past the time I needed to be up. I don't know who it was but I am grateful that I did not miss my plane.

Since that day I do wonder if perhaps it is my Guardian Angel or the Holy Spirit who wakes me, so I often invoke their assistance for my wake-up call when I go to bed. What do you think?

Thank you for your time and interest,

Lucy

Other hauntings by Lucy7

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lucy7, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

missdanielababy (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
very interesting story. Its a good thing, as long as they don't no harm to you. When you said it was my husbands voice, I thought maybe a demon. But they can also be playing with your head. My mom said when she was younger, she had a similar experience, she said one time she was so into watching "her show", and didn't want to get her eyes off the television and she heard her mom (my grandma) talking to her from the back but she didn't bother to turn around and see her. She said she was having a conversation with her for 5 minutes. And my grandma said she was going to shower and 20 minutes when her show was over she went outside and my grandma had just came from the city, since they lived in a small town. My mom said she asked her if she had token a shower already and my grandma said she had just came back from the city which was 35 minutes away. She said it was a demon. You never know what it is or if their just playing with you.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-29)
I'm not sure...
Because the fact that they answered to 'honey, are you there?'
They might have known that you thought it was your husband, so they could be tricking with you.
Could just be a friendly ghost ^.^
Very interesting.
idelhern2269 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-10)
😁 My sister named lucy, you think was angel o maybe a ghost intelligent, I think the voice you heard a happy ghost 😨
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
this guardian angel or anything it is is not trying to scare you to death I think is trying to help you... You got helpful spirits there not spook ones... So I don't think is a bad one but still the voice that responded you while you were taking a shower is a little creepy... Or now that I thought of it it was pretending to be someone else and NOT scare you... So no need to panic... Or at least I hope so...
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Hi lucy, Very interesting story, send goosebumps down my spine!. Mostly because when I was around 6 walking home from my kinder garden When I still lived in Mexico. I remeber getting there and for some reason something didn't seem right, we lived in a house a the foot of woods and a hill. So the house was really dark and I called out to my mom the only person who I thought was there. Since I was afraid to go up so I said. "Hi Mommy I'm home! Where are you?!". And a the voice of my mother responded to me lovingly from the rooms upstairs... "Ok honey that's great, I'm here." so I expected her to come out and greet me, I stood there waiting and she didn't say anything else, so I asked again about 2 times. "Mom where are you!" and she wouldn't reply right then and there. Something told me to leave. So I ran to my neighborgs to ask for my mom. But she said she was at my Aunts house.

I still wonder to this day who or what replyied to me that day.& I wonder what if, I had gone upstairs into the dark rooms?.

I'm glad I don't know.

Godbless and much luv ❤
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Thank you DeviousAngel. You just introduced me to "dopplengangers." I had never heard of them. I looked it up and it reminded me of another insident in my grandmother's house where I saw one of my aunts in two places at the very same time. Do dopplegangers follow people? Could it have been the same doppeganger although the incidents were decades apart?

Thanks again,
Lucy
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Thank you for sharing your story, Lucy. I wish I had the ability to wake up when I want to like that! My internal clock just tells me to keep sleeping! I think the voice you heard reply to you may have been a doppleganger. It sounds like an intelligent haunting because it didn't just make a noise, it RESPONDED.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: