You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Mimic Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Mimic Voices

 

Early in the year I woke to my son saying MOM in a urgent tone. His room is far enough away so I can only hear if he is inside or by my door. When I got up to see what was wrong, he wasn't there. Checked his room and he was asleep. Mentioned this to my boyfriend ans he just laughed about it and thought I was dreaming or something.

A couple months ago it happened again, but this time sounded like my younger son, a toddler scream cry. Like he was in distress. Woke up and turned lights on, and he was fast asleep. Checked other son and he was also. Mentioned to boyfriend, but didn't think about it much.

Last month it happened again, I woke to my son saying WHATS THAT. Again checked him and he was asleep. Went back to bed and was woken again to what sounded like a yelling (unsure from who). Checked again everyone asleep.

Told my boyfriend the next day, again he just thinks I'm dreaming or something.

Last week I was at work and came home. Casually my boyfriend said when he was napping during the day while I was at work he heard me say his name. One thing he said is it sounded urgent, which is something I didn't tell him.

Been in this house 4 years, never anything until now.

Thinking of doing some cleansing with sage. Curious of what it could be. Baby is 19 months now, oldest son is 12.

This has happened once before when oldest was a year or two. Heard what we (ex boyfriend) thought was my son crying. He was in another town that night with sister. That time I saw a black figure by bed. Rolled over and attempted to sleep once it faded.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vewilliams, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

robmkivseries70 (1 stories) (35 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-17)
Had the voice thing happen to me. I have the account here titled "10 Years Old and New House" https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=25437 Highlight the link and open it in a new tab.
Searching, it's just down the page! HTH
Best,
Rob
SalixArbuscula (7 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-08-06)
Wow, Vewilliams, weird stuff! Thanks for sharing here.

One thought: This house is one you have lived in for 4 years, but this activity is from just this year, EXCEPT for one incident that by my count would have happened about 10 years ago (when your oldest child (now 12) was "1 or 2") and you were presumably living somewhere else. Is there perhaps an object you have brought back out for your second child now that he has reached the same developmental stage as your first child was when you first experienced the phenomenon? If there is an item or two in common, especially a second-hand/antique/heirloom, this item may be the 'trigger' or point of attachment for whatever-it-is and may need special attention if you choose to perform a cleansing.

BTW, the cleansing method suggested by Cherubim was written up by a longtime member of YGS, Rook Dygin, and can be found in his user profile here: https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155 It has been shared by many members here and I have heard many good things about it, though (thankfully! *knocks on wood*) I have never had need of it myself.

Wishing you luck!
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-08-02)
Wow Vewilliams, sounds like you have some sort of poltergeist going on there?! Wonder WHY it's happening now after living there for 4 years? In any case, sounds like you should have a cleansing done. I've only sagged before, but there's this "Rooks Cleansing, or Cleaning" I've heard about here. I've forgotten the person's name that submitted it, but I'm sure you can look it up. Healing prayers sent for you and your family. ❤
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hi Vewilliams

Welcome, growing up I've also experienced disembodied voices I've posted a few some times back, it always baffled me as to what sort of or rather type of haunting this could be, eventually I just chalked it up to a random spirit that can mimic voices.

I believe that a home cleansing ritual may provide relief to your experience.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-01)
Hi Vewilliams, thanks for sharing your experience and welcome to YGS! There are many stories on here where some type of spirit has mimicked others voices whom live in the same house (or not) I'm not really sure if they get some kind of kick out of this (ghost sense of humor) or if they are just vying for attention. That seems to make sense, if we think our loved ones are in danger, we are far more likely to respond than we would to something unexplained (which many would run in the other direction from, rather than pay it some attention).

Since you mentioned your oldest is 12, right on the verge of adolescence, the type of age that is linked to poltergeist type activity, it's possible this 'entity' is tapping that energy to manifest the voices. That's why it suddenly seems to be happening now. I'm not entirely sure about the earlier instance you mentioned, it seems to be a one off incident, but could be the same entity. Have you noticed anything else, seen anything, any objects moving? The urgency in the voices suggests it wants attention.

I would definitely try the sage. There's also a cleansing ritual on this site you may find beneficial. See how these work. As frustrating as it is, until it's cleared up don't take the voices for granted, you never know when it really could be one of your kids.

Hopefully this may provide some perspective on your experience. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: