You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Menacing Voice Calling My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Menacing Voice Calling My Name

 

I have had many experiences with ghosts, spirits etc. But this is the only one that has left me feeling really uneasy.

This happened the night before last. My 9 year old daughter is not very well with some type of virus so I was laying in her bottom bunk until she fell asleep. Despite it being 3 in the morning, I was wide awake. I had been up and down to give her cool facecloths, getting her water and comforting her until she could fall asleep. I had just laid back down and I heard my name being called from outside. I was obviously surprised but didn't answer since who would be calling my name from outside my house?

The voice was not a normal human voice, I really can't even describe it since it just sounded off. It called my name three more times in the space of maybe a few minutes. It was clearly coming from outside but didn't sound muffled. It was at a speaking volume, not whispered or shouted.

Previously when I have been visited by a spirit or entity or whatever, there is a strong emotional component. I feel overwhelmingly strong emotions all around, in the air and in my chest. I have never been afraid since they have always felt familiar and friendly. This one was NOT that. It felt hollow and menacing. It felt very unfriendly and the uneasy feeling I had then has been hanging around me since. I'm finding it hard to shake off the discomfort. The voice is echoing in my mind so I'm not hearing it, just remembering it.

I should also add that nobody in my life uses my name. Everyone calls me by nicknames or variations of my name. My husband and baby daughter were asleep in my bedroom which is down the hall in the opposite direction from where the voice came from.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or can anyone help me identify what it could be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, organisedchaos, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
8 months ago (2023-08-25)
I've had many unfortunate incidents where I've heard voices call my name, disembodied voices always creeps me out, but in our belief whatever calls out to you is rarely good, so best just ignore it, also we believe that if you hear your name being called out you shouldn't answer back loudly, rather ask the people around you if they called for you.
BitterSweet78801 (4 stories) (20 posts)
+2
8 months ago (2023-08-22)
Hi OrganisedChaos,

My sister and I have experienced our names being called when we were younger. We used to hear our mother's voice call our names out, but when we would run to her she would say she didn't call us.

There was this onetime where we had a voice call out our names. It was more of a melody... From our left to our right. It called out my sister name and then from our left to our right it called my nickname. This one was a bit taunting. I wrote a brief story about it called, " Don't call my Name".

Don't miss hearing those voices though.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
8 months ago (2023-08-22)
OrganisedChaos, Sorry to hear your little one is unwell. Hopefully the virus will run its course and she'll be back on her feet before you know it.
I have a link for you that you may find interesting.
Https://www.liquidsandsolids.com/what-does-it-mean-when-hearing-someone-call-your-name-but-no-one-did/#:~:text=This%20could%20be%20a%20guardian,or%20even%20starting%20a%20journal.
Sometimes it helps to do a cleansing ritual, or praying in your church of belief.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
8 months ago (2023-08-20)
Welcome to YGS.

This is a puzzling situation. In my own experience, I have heard my name called two times during my life, the first time I heard my eldest brother's voice; later that day talking about this, he mentioned to have be talking about me with one of his friends around the time I heard his voice.

The second time was the morning after my Mother's passing, I was asleep in her bedroom and woke up hearing her voice calling my name.

My experiences can not be compared to yours, since I knew exactly whose voices I heard.

Is this the first time you experienced something abnormal in the house you currently live?
Can you think of anyone holding a grudge on you that may have died recently?

Personally, I think it is hard to say with certainty who or what this voice belongs to, but I'm glad you didn't try to see who was calling your name. Hopefully it's a random event that won't happen again.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: