You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tooth Brushing

Real Ghost Stories

Tooth Brushing

 

I just moved in to an old house. The company I'm renting from said it was built in the 1920's although I'm not sure. Well I moved in and I kept spending the night at the house I was moving out of. The first night I spent the night here I woke up at 3 am to all four of my animals running up the stairs and jumping in my bed 2 dogs and 2 cats.

1 dog and both cats lay down on the bed and my boxer stood above me with his hind legs on one side of my body and his front on the other and stared at my bedroom door which I had closed. I lay in bed trying to go back to sleep. Around 0330 I heard someone walking up the stairs got to the top and then I heard the water in the bathroom running. The water turned off and it sounded as if someone was brushing their teeth in fast forward a really fast shiiiikkk shik shik shik shik then I heard foot steps come up to my bedroom door and stop. About 10 seconds later I heard a loud thud in the middle of my room my boxer loki standing watching toward the thud then I heard something in my closet where I keep my cat food and water and something was slurping at the water then it stopped. The next morning I woke at 3am again but turned on my music don't want to say the wrong thing so I ignored it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, franzootzz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Ya, the water thing got to me too. It does sound residual, but scary none the less cause it ends its routine in your room. I like the idea of doing the smudging and white light ritual to protect you and your animals. Would be interesting to see if the water is actually being turned on or if you are hearing just a residual sound, maybe try putting a dry washcloth in the sink bowl before you go to bed, and see if its wet in the morning? I would rest easier if I knew for sure it was residual and call out the heavy guns if it wasn't lol.

Thanks for sharing and keep us updated, let us know if things cool down with smudging and such.
ALEX88889 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
OMG!
I HAD A VERY SIMILAR EXPERIENCE!

This has happened to me several times. Last time I can remember, I was in my bed and I heard the unmistakable sound of the tap running and someone walking in my bathroom. At first I just assumed it was my dad. However things got creepy when I heard someone loudly and vigorously brushing their teeth really fast. It would then spit and continue until it walked to the door of my bedroom. So when I found your story I was mind blown!
Shinninglight (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I agree with Watersprite on this. But before you get too pushy just try the salt, iron and burn some sage or ceder incense. This thing doesn't seem to be nasty and you don't want to make it so. I know from experience that it's best to start with little, none-confrontational things and move up if they don't help.
Best of luck!
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I agree with everyone, you need to smudge your house with sage, and maybe get a local priest or minister to bless your entire house, including the basement. (But not when your house mate is down there with his girlfriend or they'll be blessing YOU out! Ha ha 😆) I'm worried about your animals being hurt, especially since dogs and cats have the psychological intelligence of a 3-year-old human toddler. Maybe you should try to do some immediate things, like put a line of salt along all windowsills, around your room, inside the closet around the walls, and put a little iron (fry pan or horse shoe) under your bed. And definitely go all over the house, including the closet, bathroom, and all rooms of the house with a white candle, saying a prayer to ask God to protect you "and all who dwell within this home, including my pets" and to surround your home, inside and out, with Divine Light and Love. Sorry to be so long about this, but if it's coming into your bedroom and your babies are cowering around you, I am so afraid they might be hurt. What about when you are working the grave yard shift and they are home alone?!

Best wishes and God bless.

Sincerely,

Watersprite
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Animals have seventh senses, if you will, so I believe that your pets were trying to warn you of the spirit. Maybe an old spirit has come back to his old house. As long as it does not harm you or threaten you, I think you should be fine.
franzootzz (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Well all that really went through my head that night was that you can't punch a ghost or spirit. Then I thought about the movie that just came out paranormal activity and started thinking demon's 3 am two nights in a row spun me for a loop. I'm inable to move anywhere right now because I don't have the finances. I really hope it is a residual haunting and ill try the sage ever since I try to ignore it by playing music at night.
Soon I'm going back to night schedule so I don't have to worry too much about 3 am except for days off. And the night it happened I just layed in bed didn't move I called my roomate down in the basement and woke him up he was down stairs sleeping never came up thought he might be messing with me so I went down when I mustered up the courage to go into the darkness and ran down there as fast as I could to bust him but he was laying well ill leave the graphic parts out but in bed with a girl in their birthday suits. Haha was I embarresed. But the night after I did hear somthing. Ever since when I'm home alone I talk to the house and even sound a bit nuts to myself before bed I tell it not to wake me up ect... I figure if I can't leave anytime soon I may as well try to make friends. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse I hear there all energy and yeah I hear in extreme cases its been said they can harm you. Just hoping its not demons or anything of the sort. Dont want it to take over my body because I was petrified because I never believed in anything like this until I just moved into this house
Lucy7 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Wow! You are a brave one! This sounds really scary. Animals do know.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
The animals definitely knew! I can just seem them piling around you like kids! Fortunately, this sounds like nothing but a residual haunting, so I agree that smudging will probably help. Let us know if anything else develops!
petitegazelle (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
creepy did you not freak out or ask if anyone was there? Just to see if there would be any reaction.
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
woooooooooooow, the animals know - they know and they booked it to your bedroom and were either trying to protect you or want you to protect THEM!

Can you move anyplace else? Your new house definitely sounds haunted to me and the slurping at the water? OMG, was any water missing? That would be insane. Sorry if I'm not helping or scaring you more, but I don't think I would be able to stay there... Maybe someone has some answers here, this is the right place for it.

Try burning some sage -- burn it all through the house, it's supposed to be good for settling down spirits.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: