You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Shadow On The Door

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow On The Door

 

This experience happened a few months ago. Some colleagues and I were doing a medical community service in a little town 3 hours ride from Mexico City. We rented a house where the 4 of us lived for the long-year required social service. All four of us became close and cared for each other. One day, one of us (a female colleague) received a call communicating her that one of her friends had passed away. Therefore, on the following days, the rest of us tried to cheer her up by doing different activities. One evening we decided to have a movie and popcorn night in one of the rooms of the house.

My room, which was in front of the room we were watching the movie at, had its white door open (as usual) and from the spot that my friend and I were in the movie room, we could see the door and the entrance to my room. We turned all the lights off when the movie started. However, in the middle of the movie, I saw in the corner of my eye something moving on the door of my room. When I turned my head to look at it, there it was: A clear, solid black shadow of a man on the surface of the door of my room. It had no volume; it was flat on the door's surface, like anybody's shadow on a wall only that it was so black as if you were too close to the wall to make it that opaque. It was a male figure, tall and "chubby"; it was so well outlined that you could see the shape of his nose while he was calmly walking out of the room. I was not scared; the movie was too entertaining to think that there was something abnormal with seeing such a "normal" shadow on the door. I guess I thought it was the shadow of someone passing by on the street. Nevertheless, just a few seconds later my friend turned to me with a frightened expression asking me "Did you see that?" When I asked her "what, the shadow on my door?" she answered she did not see the shadow going out of MY door but she saw a volumed shadow walking across the door of the room we were staying at. She described the same features on it (male, chubby, tall, and calmly walking). That is when I realized that there was nothing "normal" for a shadow to be walking out my room on the door, for my room was in the second floor in the house and, although we tried to reproduce the same kind of shadow with ourselves we never got to make our shadows as solid as the one I saw unless our bodies were touching the surface of the door. It is worth to mention that the friend, who passed away days before, had lived in the house before we did while he was doing his community service a year before. However, he and all his family, girlfriend and close friends lived in another city.

What was it or who was it? I have read that shadow people usually move across empty spaces, cross walls, are blurry or with red eyes. Is the kind of shadow we saw as frequent to see as the others? What happened?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
i've read and researched many instances of 'Shadowfolk'
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

But this is the first that I've seen one described as being 'chubby'.
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
this has happened to me but except it was covering my whole door and it was tall and skinny y I didn't see the nose or anything just a dark shadow
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Eva, 2 years ago my little boy (5 at the time) and I both saw a "shadow man." The one my son saw was "big like my daddy" who is 6'-1". The one I saw had a very strong resemblance (shape wise) to Alfred Hitchcock and was solid black. He was walking across my living room and didn't act as if he even knew there was anyone else around. I couldn't even see a difference in color where his eyes were. He was completely black. I'm not sure this means anything other than there may be many different shapes "shadow people" take. I didn't sense any evil from him at all. Like I said, I don't think he had a clue we were there.
eva (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Thank you for the comments! I really like the idea of it being more a human than a demon 😉 I was not scared at the moment so I did not want to link something bad to it (or him if by any chance he was the boy who passed away) Good answers!😁
silverskyline (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
YAY! The dark shadowy figure in my house isn't trying to kill me! (wait... I hope I didn't like speak too soon.) -__- now I'm scared.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
LOL! And his angel talks to other people, too!...Or is it his demons?...dun dun dun... 😆
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Devious - Yeah lol, hes the exact opposite of a skeptist. Everything is a demon, instead of being eclectic and realizing that there is many different types of spirits, just as there is many different types of mammals on earth.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Flakjacket: 😆 I was thinking the same thing; you just verbalized it for me. If you read ZiShu's comments, he goes to everyone's stories and tells them that the things they see are demons.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I have heard also that shadow people are are spirits that have not got enough energy to manifest themselves properly I know this is only a theory I remember Whitebuffalo touched on the subject not so long ago with a great explanation regarding these entities.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Zishu Fails. In any case, I would have to agree with Devious on this one to a certain degree. Shadow people are something entirely different than demons, however demons may take on a shadowy form. Zishu is partly right in the movement aspect, but they may also move fluidly and then quickly change to jittery and disjointed, or vise versa.

It is possible that it was a shadow person, but it may also have been your room mates friend. Who can tell?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Most Shadow people are actually demons. They have many certain colors of eyes.
Normally they move extremely quick and jittery. You will mainly see them in hallways and standing in between the doorway. They will dash through in the corner of your eye. However you described a shadow with detailed features and how it simply "walked". This fits more of a description of an actual human spirit.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I have a theory, and this may be a lot of other people's theories too, that shadow people are individuals who are in limbo. They are neither here nor there; neither alive, nor dead. That is why they are so different from full-fledged ghosts. I think that's what your experience may have been. This person may be in a limbo state--perhaps in a coma, or something similar, and happened to wander into your home. The fact that shadow people generally do just that--wander--says that they are usually unsure of where they are and may or may not be cognisant of what's going on around them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: