You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Murdered Family

Real Ghost Stories

The Murdered Family

 

I lived in an old two storey house. I did not like it there. I just felt like there was a presence watching me in my bathroom and room (by the way, the house is made of wood). I see just for a second a shadow running across the room into the bathroom. All my stuff is misplaced all the time. It is scary.

So I did some research, and found out a horrible murder took place here. A family of 3 was murdered here in the room and bathroom. It seems that the father of a poor family made an enemy of a mean neighbor. One day the father humiliated the neighbor in front of a town not far from the house. The neighbor was very mad.

At night, the neighbor snuck into their house. He grabbed a knife and slit the father's throat in the same bed I sleep in. His son came in there wondering what the noise he heard was. When he saw his father dead he screamed. The scream woke the mother. The neighbor cut the boy in the chest and killed him. The mother fled to the bathroom and locked the door. When the killer got in he stabbed the mother repeatedly. There was blood all over the place. The neighbor was scared so he committed suicide.

When I told my parents, they were shocked. So one week later we moved to Texas. I'm glad I am out of that house, but it was interesting. I was fifteen then, now I am 31.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, devilmaycry102997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dny86 (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-29)
wow. Scary story. Another sad and creepy ghost story is the one of Elma Sands. This young girl was brutally murdered by the man she loved in 1799. Centuries later, her restless ghost remains attached to the well in which her body was thrown. You can watch the video about her here:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFg40pE6nwo
caracooldevil (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
umm, just sayin, that was acctually pretty fake. I mean, you wouldent sleep in the same bed- they wouldve taken it anyway. I hate 2 be mean but you have to try harder.
Soz.
Cara 😕 🤔
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-12)
Nice tale. But if everyone involved died so quickly how did all of the details (screaming loud enough to wake up someone) get passed along?

Fail.
arbsy (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
i wonder what was your reaction when you found out about it and have you any experiences of the eerie presence of the late settlers? 😊
arum (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
First of all, I don't think that it was the same bed. They brought their own furniture, but they so happened to place the bed where the murdered father was. Then that would explain the whole story.
Devilmaycry, good job finding the history of the house and telling your mother and father. I'm proud of you! 😁
elner (38 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Sounds fake I mean you were brave enough to sneek in kill everyone then suicide? Too much info I mean he was scared? Then suicide? Its obvious man its like amytaville or whatever 🤔
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Not very convincing, but nice story. By the way, where'd you find all those gory details?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
I have to agree with other skeptics here. I don't really know why you'd be sleeping in a bed in which someone had been killed. You didn't have your own bed? You just randomly found a bed and decided to sleep in it? Where did you find out about this murder? Is there an article or something you can link?
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
This is a poor attempt at fiction.

Sorry, but I just don't buy it.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
How did you get all this info if everyone in the house was murdered? Like the boy screaming & what not. Also why the hell do you sleep in a bed that a stranger was killed in? Didn't your family bring there own furniture? And for your parents to just jam to another state in a minute because you told them you found out all this stuff is pretty impressive. If your story is true I apologise. But I have to say that I can't believe this story for a second. I haven't read any other comments but I will right now

~~LSD~~ 😐
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Sorry I tried to post but fire fox crashed. This story makes no sense at all there are details that would not have been in any report. The order of events does not make sense why the bed was still there makes no sense and it was a small house but you had the master bedroom and your own bathroom? There's just a completely lack of logic in this story. I worded this much nicer in the 1st post but do not feel like retyping it all.
devilmaycry102997 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
My parents did not want to live in a house that has a horrible past. It was creepy. Even I couldn't believe we found a house that fast. 😁
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
wow scarey storey I bet you were glad to get out of there I know I would and I don't scare that easy but with a murder of that caliber taking place in the house there's bound to be a lot of negativaty in the house which would be very hard to get rid of.
If your parents were able to sell the house they were luckey I wouldent move in even if I got it free. Anyway iam glad that life is better for you now and I hope all goes well for you in the future take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you and your family allways...
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
I would have bounced out of there just as fast! Especially knowing that a family was murdered there which is sad.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
A slit throat equals a lot of blood real fast. I doubt you were sleeping on the same bed as it would have been a biological hazard. Same spot maybe.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Your parents moved rather quickly. Did they experience things as well? Were your parents able to sell the place? I mean wow... Must have been a hot market if they did...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: