You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Gramma's House

Real Ghost Stories

Gramma's House

 

My grandma lived in Brownfield p.a. We went there every time school let out for a long holiday. We lived in Cleveland, Ohio. We got into grammas late. So, everyone was home and they were all downstairs visiting us. Well, knowing everyone was downstairs I heard walking upstairs. So I asked who that was and everyone started laughing and said it was just cotton.

Cotton was an older man in a wheelchair who had no legs, who pap and gramma bought the house off. And he always said when he died he was going to come back walking again and he did!

Well, this was the start of my fascination with the other world. So, my aunt Mary, who was the youngest of my mom's siblings, (15 total kids) told me that if I liked that she was going to show me something that's really cool. So we went upstairs and we talked until 3am when she told me to look out in the backyard at the train tracks and just watch. So, I did and here's what I saw.

A man appeared carrying a lantern dressed in the old cloths of a train conductor. He was just walking along the tracks and right before he reached the large lilac bush he disappeared. I thought it was a man who was just walking the tracks and vanished behind the bush. So Aunt Mary and I sat up the next night to prove it to me. It was a ghost, he was transparent and who vanished before he reached the bush. This happens every night at 3am on the dot.

Story goes that the conductor stopped the train because, there were stow aways and when he did his checks he found them, and they killed him.

I was 10-12 at this time and have been interested in ghost ever since. I did some research of my own recently and found that this and similar stories are all over the net. But, this I saw with my own eyes.

Other hauntings by monicar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monicar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
thank you all for the comments.
Yes chopis, 15 kids my mom is the oldest girl lol.
If I knew where grams house used to stand I would go there myself but it brings back to many memories for my mom or anyone to go there now since pap has passed and the house burnt down.
Theres more stories and ill put them here as much as I can.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
A classic residual haunting that is, it would be good if you could maybe get a photo or video footage of the conductor that would be awesome.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
That's a very cool story! Cotton walking and the disappearing conductor. There are so many things we know nothing about. Thank you for sharing!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
It'd be nice to have a videocam take a vid of that Railroad Engineer.
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
Very interesting, although what surprises me the most is the part where you say 15 kids! 😲,wow...

All the best,

Claudia
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-23)
there are so many stories out there, and what makes us believe is when we see them right before our eyes...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: