You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pap Doesn't Approve

Real Ghost Stories

Pap Doesn't Approve

 

In July 2011, I took my 17-year-old son Nick to West Virginia for my dad's 60th birthday. Nick does tattoos so, yes, he made some money at his own tattoo party we had for him.

My pap, Paul Ray McCord, passed back in 2000. He always said for us grandkids not to tattoo his name on us. My older brother Paul went first. He had a cross and "In Loving Memory Pap". I went next and got a rose and banner and had all four grandparents' initials and year of death put in the banner.

Nick's tattoo motor goes on speed 11, and with Paul his fuse popped out. After he fixed it, the dial went from 11 to number 9. On my turn Pap's name is 3rd name down. I put in passing order. When Nick got to his initials, his foot peddle stopped working. My baby brother Charlie was very close to Pap, hunting and things like that is what they did. He had a cross, R.I.P. P.R.M. With fishing hooks on the ends of the letters. Well, Pap must have liked that because nothing happened to the electronics. It was Charlie's first tattoo, so I took video and pics because he was nervous.

I don't usually pay attention to orbs, but these orbs in the pic were too coincidental. Plus, they say spirits come through electronics. Well, Pap was a retired electrician.

Later that night, we were sitting there admiring our tattoos, drinking and talking when we heard whispers. Well, that's how Pap talked because he had cancer and had his voicebox removed. Also, we were talking about how weird it was how the motor of the tattoo box did. And as my sister Deedee told us how Pap always said not to tattoo his name on us (after the fact).

Outside the window a white shadow swooped down from the security light and looked like it flew through the glass window. It wasn't a reflection because we were all sitting down, nobody moved at that time.

After getting back home, my cell stopped working. I had to go and get a new one, but when I got the new one, the old one would ring all the time and nobody was on it.

I rent a room off my brother-in-law and he was being mean and he was playing a ps3 game and we blew a circuit in the house mostly the living room and my brother-in-law's bedroom, but my bedroom still worked like normal. Didn't have to run wires. The funny thing was my brother-in-law didn't get to save his game before the lights blew.

Other hauntings by monicar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monicar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Lol I think my dad would reach out from the spiritworld, and kick my a... If I got a tatoo:-)

Maybe that's what yours did. Lovely story

Hero
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Rooky ~ DragoonStorm huh? 😆 And MAYBE you're right there? I thought she was saying her son was doing the tattooing and they went to a tattooing party? Monicar please explain?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
DragoonStorm,

Parental Permission can go a long way however I got the impression that they were doing these 'at home'...either a friend was doing them or another Family Member had the 'Tat Gun' and ink... But I've had 3 hours sleep in the past 48 so I may have read things wrong... 😲

Respectfully,

Rook
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
I didn't think 17 year olds were allowed to have or do tattoos? But the USA could be different from Australia? I wonder if it was your pap was messing with the electrics when you were having them done, certainly odd.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: