You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Gramma Returns To Visit

Real Ghost Stories

My Gramma Returns To Visit

 

Since this is my first story I'll start off with a little information of myself. I am currently 24 years old and not living in Ohio anymore. I am a mom of 2 beautiful children. My gramma died January 3rd of 2001 of a terrible accident that I won't get in detail about. We had her cremated and she sits on the mantel in a bunny cookie jar that was given to her by her grandkids. Okay, now on with my story.

I was living with my mom and stepdad at the time along with my little sister. I was 22 at the time this happened. It was late August and very humid outside. That day was a very normal day. Cleaned the house, cooked for my family, and just relaxed with my daughter.

It came to be night time and bedtime for my daughter so we went in my room and I put a movie on for her and layed her down. I stayed in the room until she went to sleep than I got up and finished cleaning up after dinner.

After I finished cleaning it was close to 10 pm so I decided to snuggle up next to my daughter. (She slept in my bed since she was a newborn since she didn't like her crib.) I ended up falling asleep shortly after I layed down. All of a sudden I was awoken by the feeling of someone staring at me. Thinking it was my daughter, I looked over and she was sound asleep.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw at the foot of my bed a black figure just standing there staring at me and my daughter. Me being the scaredy cat that I am, I quickly covered my head up with the blanket. I didn't feel threatened at all I was just startled. This all happened at 2:30 in the morning. Well I eventually fell back to sleep and woke up when my daughter got up for breakfast at 8am.

I was talking to my mother about what I had seen that night and she told me that she has seen the same figure walking around the house. She informed me that it was my gramma just checking up on us to make sure everything was okay.

Thank you all for reading. Sorry if it sounds a little confusing it happened a few years ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mommaoftwo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
I've had my grandpa check in before, and my husband's mom. Neither appeared as a black figure, but more like strong feelings/impressions. Suddenly I feel like I'm at grandpa's house, not my own type of deal.

Could have been grandma or a typical shadow person. But if it didn't bother anyone, no harm done. Grandma does need to move on though. She can check in every once in a while, but hanging around all the time is a no no.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-16)
Hi mommaoftwo, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing the experience. It is not uncommon that the loved ones come back to visit their family, look after them and have an eye on them. This is quite nice that your grandma has been with you.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-11)
Hello Mommaoftwo;

It sounds like it may have been your gramma or perhaps another close relative checking up on you. Very nice story.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-08)
Well there is no question of confusion. Maybe she wanted to warn you regarding something about the baby. She sounds like a positive presence in your house.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Mommaoftwo,

It scares me more if I can't see who or what is in the room with me! 😆 I absolutely will not turn my back on it, to vulnerable in my opinion.

Anyhow...
Ok it could very well have been your gramma checking in on you, and because you had the baby with you in bed she wanted to wake you.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: