You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Kind Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

A Kind Spirit

 

For the record I am 27 years old and a practicing Wiccan since age 13. I have a strong belief in the spirit realm and have had both scary and pleasant experiences with them. I am not judgmental of others beliefs and believe that everyone has a right to follow their own religious path.

Back in December 2009 shortly after Christmas I lost my familiar. He was a black cat. He was my best friend. He used to sleep on my lap and we used to talk to each other. On December 28 he got hit by a car in front of my place early in the morning. I was hysterical screaming and crying. I think I woke up the whole neighborhood.

I finally calmed down but I still cried off and on all day. Later that night I was laying down getting ready to sleep and I started crying again. I felt an arm wrap around me and a warm feeling. I felt a lot better. Let me add that my children were already in bed and I was alone in my room. It was not a sexual thing either it was more of a comforting loving energy.

It was a really nice experience and I feel that the "being" helped me with my grief over my cat.

So I need to ask just out of curiosity. Do you think that this was just a kind spirit, spirit guide, guardian angel or all of the above? I'm open to all comments and opinions. Thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by witchgirl2010

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, witchgirl2010, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
I used to have a black cat familiar named Metallica. I feel your pain! He was the first cat that made my boyfriend accept cats, and I always seemed to win at poker when he would come and jump up on my lap.
I also lost another cat... The envied orange tabby of familiars. 😉 He was the best! And I cried like you did when we had to move and he still had not returned home (like 2months later). I like to think he is keeping a lonely old lady company. 😊
Regarding your question... It could be your familiar... Or maybe someone who has passed that loves you. The later is what I think happened... Having had a similar experience. Though being Wiccaan, you might have a spiritual familiar who comforted you. It is so hard to tell when you get into the true depths of spirituality.
Most often, when I have had a very special cat pass, I always feel that all too familiar thud on my bed, a few little footsteps, a snuggle, then comfort. I have had many cats pass, and the same thing happens every time.
Good luck to you and blessed be! ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Hey "Scarygirlfreak". I was in public when I read that and it made me laugh outloud and almost fall out of my chair. Kind of embarrassing. "Okay? This is very confusing because how can a pet animal hug you? Don't they have small arms that can't even open that much? I don't know just saying..." Hee Hee Hee
witchgirl2010 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Miracles To answer your question I think it could be possible that he could have been reincarnated into one of the kittens or a diffrent form. Most people have a spirit guide/Guardian angel from birth which is diffrent than a familiar.

A familiar is a guide to help with magical workings (spell casting, divination ect...) who either shows up to offer assistance on its own (in spirit or physical form) or you can ask a beloved pet to be your familiar as long as there is trust between the familiar and yourself.
HadeCheveyo (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
Thank for sharing your story! I'm so sorry that that happened to your familiar, I too am Wiccan so I know just how close you were its just as close as I am to mine.
I don't know what exactly your beliefs are with familiars but I think that it might have been you familiars hugging you too tell you he was safe and fine. I believe that familiars when die they take on a different form so that even if they aren't there physically they can be there for you in spirit. So maybe he took on a human form so he could hug you for one last time.
Its my own opinion so I hope it helps!
Blessed be!
Scarygirlfreak (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Okay? This is very confusing because how can a pet animal hug you? Don't they have small arms that can't even open that much? I don't know just saying...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
Thanks for not telling me to mind my own uneducated business, witchgirl2010. Do you believe (this really is a question about Wiccan belief) that your familiar can be reincarnated as one of his kittens?
You do have a familiar throughout your life, don't you, for guidance, etc? Are you assigned your new familiar from long ago or will you have been assigned a new familiar upon his death? Gosh, again, I'm sorry. Completely ignorant but completely open to learning more about it. I'm pretty open minded also.
jerk009 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-27)
must be your closest relative that have already passed away comforting you. I must be freakin out if ever did happen to me. 😨
witchgirl2010 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Thank you all for your comments. 😁

Perhaps It may have been him comforting me in a human/spirit form.

Oh Miracles don't worry about not being wiccan. I welcome all openions no matter what religion you follow. (Im very open minded)

P./S. My Familiar's mate "Mini" gave birth last night. (one didn't make it) Not sure how many kittens though. Shes a stray.
Seriousghouls (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
maybe it was your angel but also it may have been something else oh well at least its not out to hurt you
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
I do believe you were comforted by a guardian, they follow us and sometimes feel what were feeling, a cuddle was what you were needing at the time, sorry about your pet, thank you for sharing,
Take care
Scooby (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
Not offering advise... Just wanted to say I am so very sorry for your loss. Pets mean so much to us and their loss is just as traumatic as the loss of a human. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
I'm so sorry to hear about your lost companion. I also posted a story here a while back about my cat Prism, who later appeared to me in a dream taking a human form with features very similar to the ones he had as a cat. I'm not sure if you believe in reincarnation or not (most Wiccans do but everyone has their own beliefs and their own path) but it's possible that the circumstances here were very similar. It could be that your lost friend returned to you in a human-like spiritual form to console you.

All the best to you and yours!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
I'm not Wiccan, so I have absolutely no business responding to this. Completely ignorant in the Wiccan ways, but I think perhaps your familiar's spirit came to ease your grief. At least, that's what I would choose to believe.
Ps - I had a black cat. Her name was Familiar. She was the only one of my cats (and in a 10-year period of time, I had 28 felines...many, many litters... Loved 'em all!) who ever saw my little girl spirit. With her head, Familiar would trace the little girl's path.
I'm glad someone was there to console you, whoever the spirit may have been. Losing a pet is tragic, but losing your beloved familiar must have been devasting. I imagine it to be like losing a best friend or soul mate. They can't be replaced.
I apologize if I should have stayed out of something I know nothing about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: