You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Kind Spirit In Our Mom's House

Real Ghost Stories

Kind Spirit In Our Mom's House

 

This story has about two sides to it. I would like to mention a kind of background on my twin sister, and then talk about paranormal activity going on in this house my mom has moved into about 9 years ago.

Since the two of us were very young, for some reason, my sister has always had an interesting connection to the earth. We are half Native American, Apache Chiricahua, so my great aunt has said that may be a part of it. Ever since elementary school, my sister (I'll call her Isabel) has done weird things like spacing out, pointing and/or commenting at something I don't see, or even jumping like she is scared of something that isn't there. She used to tell me all about the things she saw, but as we have gotten older she has gotten to stop behaving that way and rarely talks about it anymore. But I recently saw, about a half year ago, her and both of our dogs staring at the corner of a room by the door. And then then door literally shut itself and opened again, which sent the dogs in a barking frenzy and my sister and I joked about there being a ghost in our mom's house.

But back to the first topic, for the longest time my sister has always mentioned there being a dark shadow-like figure that appears somewhere every day. It's apparently not exactly a person, it kind of looks like something similar. I think of No-Face from Spirited Away when she describes it, except without the mask and it has short legs. It changes its spot every time she saw it, it first being somewhere near the canal on our way to school, then outside one of her classrooms, then at our bus stop. She started getting uneasy, though, when it started getting near our home. Around that time, she started experiencing sleep paralysis almost every night. And when she would, she wouldn't see the figure, but she just couldn't move. But one night, she said that she knew she was in a sleep paralysis, but she was able to move. She turned around in her bed and directly next to her was the black shadowy figure, this time it had faint eyes and was in the bed with her, staring at her. She said she just turned around and went back to sleep because she was too tired to really put effort into being afraid of it. (A mood, but also?)

Around that time, she also would wake up in the mornings with scratches on her arms and back (in places she cannot physically reach herself, because she is not very flexible). She doesn't have very long nails, because the two of us are wrestlers and you are supposed to keep your nails short so you can't scratch people in a match. We don't own a cat or dog in our dad's house, either.

This kind of reminds me of this ghost story called something like "Mary". It's about something you don't know getting closer to you. You get a phone call, and the person says "This is Mary, I'm in front of your gate now." The phone rings again in a little while, and they say "This is Mary, I'm in front of your entryway now." And then "This is Mary. I'm in your entryway now." I have never heard how the story ends, so I'm not really sure what it is. Since then, she has never told me about the strange shadowy figure, and she no longer wakes up with scratches or bruises.

And now for the second part:

Nine years ago, our mom moved away to Washington state (we live in California) and she got a house in a small ferry town across the Sound from Seattle. When my mom got the house, she tells me that when she was remodeling the back room, there was a section of the carpet that was a different texture. Like someone cut out a square of the carpet and replaced it with another kind. So they removed the carpet, and underneath it there was a big stain. Like red paint. According to my stepdad, who likes to hunt deer and elk, he knows what dried blood looks like and that was as if someone had bled out right there.

My mom looked up the history of the house and found that the wife of the man (an elderly man) who sold us the house had passed away. There was no information as to how, but my mom thinks she had slipped and hit her head on something and bled out in the back bedroom of the house.

Over the years when my sister and I would stay in that house during summer/winter/spring breaks, the doors constantly open and close themselves. Objects are misplaced. The dogs (and occasionally my sister too) stare at random spots of the house. One time, I swear to everything holy this happened, I was carrying two packs of toilet paper to put in the master bedroom, but my arms were full and I couldn't open the door. Then, the doorknob made and click and it opened by itself.

I don't know if it was just a draft or what, but my mind didn't know how to react at the moment, so I just said "Thanks", tossed the toilet paper into the bathroom, and on my way out the door shut itself behind me. And hard.

I have no idea how to prove to you that was actually what happened, but I'm not here just to tell stories, I want answers.

One night my mom was a bit drunk and was talking things like "I'm telling you, she's here." And I always ask who and she never answers anything except something along the lines of "she's not mean or anything, but she's here."

Just my daily dose of wtf, of course, but every time I visit my mom I can just feel something strange in that back room. It's not negative or scary. But it's something. *insert the meme* haha

Thank you for reading this long thing! I would love to know what exactly was happening to my sister that one time with the shadowy-like figure, and also any comments on this possibly kind woman roaming around in my mom's house. Feel free to ask me questions! I would love to discuss this with anyone haha sorry I'm so awkward

Other hauntings by yonatsume

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yonatsume, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

yonatsume (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-18)
I saw a question about my sister's scratches being from the dogs, and I'm sorry I didn't mention this earlier, but the dogs are in my mom's house and we were at our dad's house at that time. And yes, my sister is a very heavy sleeper.

She never really told me what she "saw" when she was staring at the corner, when I asked what she was doing she only said it was nothing and proceeded to rile the dogs up to start barking at nothing.

About the house, all my mom really told me was "red stain" under the carpet so I also assumed she meant a rusty brown stain since that's what I think dried blood looks like. My mom is never too good with specifics and I never really push very many questions about the topic either... And I don't really know much about how much she had looked into the house before buying it.๐Ÿ˜…

I'm also sorry about the confusion about the story, I'm not very good when it comes to writing stories so things kind of go all over the place lol
yonatsume (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-18)
I'm sorry I haven't replied to anybody's comments! I am using this from my cell phone and can't figure out how to reply to comments๐Ÿ˜… thank you all for your comments though, I'll reply to them as soon as I figure out how this works lol
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-10-10)
Greetings yonatsume,

I agree with LuciaJacinta, a square of rug that has obviously been replaced would have me questioning why. However, I know that landlord's will do this if there is a stubborn stain from a pet. I was under the impression that once dried, blood takes on a brownish, rusty color. I'm assuming the red stain was dry when your mother found it? So it might not be dried blood, just a thought.

It sounds like your mother is sensitive or open to energy and/or spirit. Perhaps your sister inherited this gift? Regardless, it's possible that you might be feeling a bit paranoid because your mother brings up her resident spirit often ("She's here"). It would then be on your mind while visiting and every little noise or bump in the night would cause anxiety.

Thanks for sharing, all the best.
Dee
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-09)
Welcome to YGS, and thank you for sharing your experience with us ๐Ÿ˜Š as far as my opinion goes with your sister, the best I can say is that she's sensitive to the other side. Like you said in your last submission, I don't believe that all spirits are evil. I believe if you were good in life, that you would be the same in death. Unfortunately as for the bad people in life, I wouldn't imagine them changing in death. I believe your sister is somewhat of a beacon of light to spirits, and can attract them to her. With that said, she should take caution in protecting herself from anything negative that may want to cause her harm. It seems that she accepts her gifts in being sensitive at least, so hopefully she'll be able to learn more on how to live peacefully as possible with it. I think the spirit at your moms, for the most part seems to be a good one, and even helpful at times. I wonder why finding out about her death is so hard, as I would have thought that with your mom buying this place, that a death in the home should have been mentioned to her. Perhaps she could contact the person she bought the home from, and see if she's able to get any more details on it. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and hope to hear more from you soon.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-09)
Hi Yonatsume -

Thanks for sharing your story.

Did your sister tell you what she was seeing when she and the dogs were staring at the corner of the room? Was it the dark shadow? About the scratches - Could it have been your dogs? Seems to me that she is a heavy sleeper if she can see a shadowy figure in bed with her and just turn around and go back to sleep. You lost me on the last paragraph of the first part of your story.

On the second part of your story you say that your mom looked up the history of the house and that a lady passed away there, there was no information on how but your mom thinks she slipped and hit her head. Is this just an assumption she's making or does she have a reason to think this besides the blood stain she found? Maybe your mom, like your sister, has the ability to "see" things other people don't. This would explain why she has said "she's here..." and why she knows how the lady died.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-10-09)
Hmm. Interesting. The square shape cut out in the carpet is weird. I've never seen anything like that. I guess whoever replaced it was pretty cheap not wanting a whole new room size rug.

I would have asked about that before buying the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: