You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Some Kind Of Night Haunting?

Real Ghost Stories

Some Kind Of Night Haunting?

 

I'm new to this site, but I have read a lot of the stories and I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. My name is Monica, 23 year old student that can't sleep anymore, and I need your help to understand what is going on.

I've always had trouble sleeping and had all kind of fears and terrors at night since I was a child. My mother tells me she always had to be behind my back when I'm sleeping because I told her that there was something standing by my bed, always behind my back, and my feet had to be under the covers all the time because the thing is pulling me by my feet, and I still keep my feet under the covers because that fear never went away. I always thought that those were night terrors all children have but this thing has always happened to me, and lately it's getting worse.

The thing that happens is that I go to my room and get ready for bed, and I would hear some noise like knocking on my closet or window. I just ignore it and lay in bed and fall asleep, but then I wake up in the middle of the night because something is holding my hands and pulling me, and I can't move, I'm paralyzed. I can feel something standing by my bed and holding my hands really hard and pulling, and I can't even open my eyes. I fight really hard to yell or do something. This happened to me last night, and I found the strength to talk and I immediately started to pray, but screaming praying, and this thing was still pulling me, and then I felt this cold breath on my face, and I opened my eyes a little bit, but then this thing was gone, I couldn't see anything, but I had this strong feeling that it was a woman. I always wake up with my heart pounding, and I feel this heat all over my body and in the room, almost unbearable, and my hands and head hurt. Although I can't see anything in the room, I feel the presence of something, and then there's another sound, like cracking, and that's when I get up and turn on the light.

One night my sister was sleeping over, she came by because I was too afraid to sleep alone, and nothing happened that night, but few days later she told me that she felt something in my room standing above her, and she felt the heat. She started praying and went to sleep. Similar things have happened to both my mom and sister, but never so strong and scary like it happens to me.

This is really becoming a problem, because I can't sleep normally, I'm afraid because it happens more often then before and it just gets scarier and scarier. I don't know what this thing is, I can't say it's a ghost or a spirit, I just don't know, and that is why I'm hoping you can help me with this. Maybe some of you have had a similar/same experience? How did you get through it? Does it ever stop?

I've seen a psychologist about it, but that didn't really help. The only thing that keeps me calm is the fact I pray before I go to sleep and when this happens. I'm not afraid when I pray and I feel this thing can't hurt me when I'm praying.

I just wish that this would stop; I want this thing gone forever so I can have a normal life and finally get a good night sleep.

I hope some of you have a few answers and I want to say thanks in advanced for your help.

Monica

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monicab, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

monicab (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
Thank you all so much for your comments. It's such a relief to know that there are people who also experience this and whom I can relate to and people who believe me.
Thank you Pjod for the Old Hag information, I didn't even know about that, but it seems that might be what is happening to me.
Wardo, I can't relate any significant event to this, I've had this happen to me since I was a child, but now it happens more often and it was never this bad. I've been baptized, I bless my home very often and I got to church, these days now especially, and I pray a lot. Since the last time it happened I've blessed my home, I keep a souvenir of St. Michael by my bed, and I keep holy salt under my bed, and I pray every time before I go to sleep, and thank God this thing hasn't be coming back for two weeks now. I've been sleeping much better.
Olly227, yes it does happen to me when I'm away from home. It was happening while I was living with my mother, now I live alone, in another city, and it still happens. It doesn't matter where I sleep. Once I was sleeping at my grandmothers house, both my mother and sister were with me in the room, and this happened, I started screaming so loud, they tried to woke me up, but they couldn't. They turned on the light, and I stood up on the bed with my eyes open and I was talking something, they couldn't understand me, or calm me down in any way. My uncle heard me screaming, and came down, try to woke me up, but he couldn't, finally my grandmother came and she was to one who woke me up. I was completely terrified for days, and I couldn't sleep because I was afraid it would happen again. That was the moment that it started being this bad.
But I believe that God will help me through this and he will keep me safe. And I hope this never happens again.
Thank you all once again, it really helps that I can talk to someone about this. I'll keep you posted if it happens again, but I hope it won't 😊
Regards
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
i agree with aussiedaz. You also might want to involve yourself in church activities and pray more often to God for guidance and safety... God Bless you... 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
One other thing, you mention you read a lot of these story's,what I suggest is that you get yourself away from ghost and demon stories, you may not realize it, but you are subconsciously giving these experiences more power.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-25)
hi Monicab, prayers will help, but if you can be brave enough not to fear it (easy said) you will take the power away from it, I had a similar experience myself and saw it (old hag) face to face, once I overcame my fear it disappeared, good luck keep us posted your not alone.
Aussiedaz
tyneetater (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
I have had some of the same experiences for as long as I can remember. I had night terrors until I was probably 10, which was not normal and I use to fight in my sleep like I was fighting someone/thing off. I have come close to breaking my mother's nose while asleep and I have knocked my husband to the floor, all while being completely asleep. As to your situation, I have always been told to show no fear and to tell them/it that it will not and cannot hurt you and that you do not want it in your home. Tell it that it is not welcome. If that ended up not working, call a pastor and ask to have your home blessed. I know that it is upsetting that some people do not believe you when you tell them some of the things that have happened to you, but do not get discouraged. My mom can sense a presence, my sister can sometimes see and communicate with spirits and I can sense emotions and when they enter a room. I have always been able to sense them and it has scared me for as long as I can remember, even when it happens now, I still have a hard time keeping calm. My husband seems to doubt me as well as his mother. I have had a spirit whisper my name in my ear when I was alone, and when taking a shower I would stuff a towel under the bathroom door and there were no vents in the bathroom to cause a breeze. Everytime I would take a shower I could not keep the shower curtain from touching me no matter what I did. At times I still feel at a loss for what to do when I know someone is there. I hope that things get better for you soon.
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Monica,

I read Carri's story about "if you see only hands in the spirit world beware," which you may find at the following URL...,

Http://www.talkparanormal.com/blog/if-you-see-only-hands-in-the-spirit-world-beware/

I used the pseudonym "Gregory Brown" to write my response. I believe it may encourage you. 😉 😁
melody1084 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Hello Monica,

As a kid I experienced the same thing. Let me just say the thing you want to do is never be afraid of this thing! You must be strong and the way I got rid of the thing that was doing this to me was shouting out loud "i'm not afraid of you!" My experience came about from a shadow lurking on the corner of my room, it proceeded into knocking noises, pulling blankets off me when I slept. I tried to change things by sleeping downstairs on the couch. It eventually followed... And the final straw for me was when it laughed in my ear when I wasn't asleep in broad day light! I yelled out "stop it! I'm not afraid of you and I will bless this house and get you out if I have to!" it never bothered me again... It did remain in the house and when I moved I still experience knockings and someone sitting at the edge of my bed on occasion but it will never physically try and harm me or do the things it did before so I can live with a noise here and there. This thing is drawn to you because you fear it Monica. You must be brave and praying helps but telling it you had enough is what really helped me... I hope the best- melody
totalyodel (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
Hi Monica. This is something I used to experience when I was younger. It stopped around the time I moved out of my parents' house. While I was living there, I would sometimes fall asleep on the couch and wake up and I would see things standing over me and I couldn't move. I would also hear sounds that went away as soon as I could move. The sounds were usually similar to the sounds that would accompany snowy static on a tv screen. One time, though, it sounded like someone right next to me was eating Captain Crunch straight out of the box. I did some research and it's a phenomena called sleep paralysis where you are in between awake and asleep. When you fall asleep, your body is supposed to have a mechanism kick in to keep you still so you don't injure yourself. Unfortunately, when this kicks in and you aren't quite asleep, it can be terrifying. What I used to do was when it happened, as soon as I recognized it, I would try my hardest to move my toes. Once I could do that, the rest came easier. In my mind, it was like if I can move the furthest thing on my body from my brain, then I must be in some kind of control of this.

I found that the hallucinations I would get coincided with whatever interests I had going on around that time. Several times, I woke up and had what looked like an alien standing over me with grey skin and big black eyes. At the time, I was watching a lot of X-Files on TV.

I'm still not sure what actually triggered those episodes of it. Thankfully, I haven't had it in a long time. Sometimes when I'm really stressed out I will still get it.

I know I may sound like a total skeptic when I say it isn't paranormal, but I assure you, I'm the opposite. I'm co-founder of a paranormal research group in my town and I've had lots of things happen to me that I can't explain. I hope this is comforting to know that you most likely aren't being attacked by an entity. However, if you ever wake up and have noticeable marks on you after this happens, by all means, head to the nearest spiritualist church for help and pray like crazy. I hope this helps and this doesn't keep happening to you. I know how scary it is.
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
I recommend saying out loud psalms 91 and 71 three times before you go to bed and when you wake up. Also sleep with a bowl of white vinegar mixed with salt next to your bed. I just cleared up a haunting today with that today.

If you have anymore questions feel free to contact me

Ab42berry [at] hotmail.com
Olly227 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Does it happen when you sleep away from home? Maybe it's attached to your house.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
I agree with everything that Kimberleyanne said also. Pray and never stop finding Jesus in your times of need. Be sure to say some prayers of gratitude once in awhile too, that seems to help to overcome other bad things going on. Meaning, say these prayers before you need help with something. Prayers of desperation are powerful too, but the praying needs to continue throughout the rest of your life.

I would like to ask a couple questions. When did these experiences start in your life, not necessarily how long ago, but was there a significant event that you can sort of relate to them? Also, have you had your home blessed, been baptized, go to church or confession, etc? Doing these things will always help fend off evil encounters.

If you want to do somethings immediately that can build up some energy in a positive way, you could try completely cleaning your home spotlessly. Get that dirt that resides in cracks and corners out of your home! And then keep it that way. Once you have done that, read verses from Psalms in the Bible in every room of your home. Say Our Father followed by the Hail Mary. You can look these prayers up easily online and print them out for reference if you do not know them by memory... And then memorize them and they will be with you forever!

Try having a blessing or cleansing ceremony. Use the help of clergy if available and have them perform a nice blessing ceremony for your home. Do it again even if you did it once before. Make sure you and the people effected are there and are part of the blessing. You can even use a cross or image of Jesus to carry around while blessing the house and then display it throughout your home. Maybe even have the priest or deacon start the blessings furthest away from the trouble areas of the home, saving them for the final prayers and full energy of the ceremony. Be very reverent when this is being done, do the sign of the cross when sprinkled with holy water. This will only help to strengthen the ritual. Have plenty of loved friends and people you trust while the ceremony is being performed also. Numbers are always strength and loving thoughts go to the end of the universe!

Bottom line is do not give up your will or anything to something evil that is troubling you. The devil will show you some horrific things, but God will not let you experience what you can't handle. There is not such thing really. Your soul will be safe as long as you practice these things in the name of Jesus Christ who will always actively seek the keeping of your soul. God bless you Monica, and I certainly hope that you will find the help you are seeking! Keep us posted please and PM me if you need someone to help you out more. I will share anything I know with you in hopes that you can free yourself from anything evil that is happening.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
as soon as you mentioned the sound of cracking, it rang a bell. I believe I read that victims of the Old Hag also hear what they describe as something cracking. Look into Old Hag and see if you can find some info that may help.
Kimberleyanne (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Hi Monica.
My advice is to go to the nearest spiritulist church near where you live and speak to someone there. They have the expertise to help you. Don't be afraid you are protected undoubtly and the fact that you pray is good.
The Lords Prayer is the best one (I think). Also ask out loud for your Guardian Angel and your spirit quides to come close and protect you in your time of need.Regards.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: