You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spooked Out Little Shadow In Salem

Real Ghost Stories

Spooked Out Little Shadow In Salem

 

It is currently 12:37 AM here, and at this exact time for the last 3 days it has happened. On the first day, I heard what sounded like frantic clawing on the wooden floor of my room, I switched on the lamp by my nightstand, and nothing was there.

On the second day, the scratching started at the same time. I switched on my light, and two small streaks of water led from the center of my room to the foot of my bed.

Last night, on the third day I was waiting for it to happen again, so I had my blinds open to let in the moon light and catch it without the use of my lamp. The scratching started, and as it did a very, VERY thin humanoid shadow fell across my wall opposite the window. I whispered "Hello" and the thing bolted off, startled.

Tonight I missed it because of work. I haven't been messing around with anything spiritual, no Ouija boards or black candles or anything of that nature. So it kind of baffles me as to why this little guy would suddenly start to bug me.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or explanations?

I have lived here in Salem for the better part of 10 years, and this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. Though given the history of this place I guess I should have figured some activity was inevitable. Though in no way do I believe there was anything more to the old stories than innocent people being accused of "witchcraft" and put to death by some jealous neighbors.

Other hauntings by Solomon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Solomon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
I haven't read your second story, I just wanted to come and catch up on this story first. What Miracles said is true. Jealously might have been part of it but just plain cruelty was the biggest of part of it mixed with people getting scared with something they don't understand. I think in some parts of the world still happens because these people simply don't understand.

I will make more comments, once I read your second story. Good Day!
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Miracles51031, thanks for reading! I've been thinking a lot about the emotional scarring, and the spiritual nature of it's aftermath too. It makes the most sense, and something being so afraid is as clear a response as any from those times.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Solomon - I'm so sorry to have missed this first part of your story and that I'm almost 2 years late 😢.

I have commented on your 2nd half, but I want to suggest something here that has to do with the history of Salem. Even though you might not believe there was anything more to the stories than jealousy, that jealousy and the cruelty alone was enough to have some "scarring" on the city of Salem. A lot of people, myself included, believe that certain emotions can leave imprints. These imprints can "create" an environment for a haunting. Whether or not you believe any of these people that were sentenced to death were practicing witches, or were innocent people, the emotions from all involved in the trials were enough to create residual and intelligent hauntings. Not all hauntings are scarey or bad, as you have seen and can read on this site.

Honestly, it would surprise me if the whole city of Salem isn't haunted, in one way or another. If I was one of the people sentenced to death, witch or not, I'd haunt them and their ancestors until their lineage died out 😉
Solomon (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
cosmogal926, it is beautiful here! 😁 And it has only happened once again since I posted, but it was very soft, like it was afraid it would wake me. I wish I could talk to it, but it might bolt again if I try. 😕
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
Hi Solomon, First I have to say I am a huge fan of Salem, MA. Not only is the place full of ghost stories, and ghosts but it is Beautiful there. I loved the wharf and the restaurants. The food was phenominal especially the new england clam chowder. I even had an experience while on a tour there that I will post at some point.
The scratching you hear could be this young spirit trying to find something that they hid under a floor board in the past. Has it happened again since you posted this story?
Thanks, and take care 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: