You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Noisy Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Noisy Shadow

 

At the end of 2008 my grandparents came from New South Wales to visit us in Brisbane and stay at our 1920s Queenslander (this is what everyone calls an old house in Queensland) for two nights. After a busy day every one, growing tired went to bed. After saying goodnight to my grandparents I went into my room, turned off the light and went to go to sleep. As I pulled the covers over my head, I heard a silver tea set displayed on my great grandmothers antique kitchen dresser shake. Dismissing this as movement from myself walking across the room before I got into bed, I ignored it.

I was astonished when the tea set continued to shake and when other objects in my room sounded like they moving. My attention was taken away from this however when I could see what looked like a shadow of someone walking past my door which I saw through the margins of the door, as the hallway light would shine through. The shadow however was moving much faster than someone would walk in a house. I was intrigued when the shadow did not reach the floor as it continued to move back and forth across the door. But still at this point I was not scared until I thought to myself "what is that, a ghost?" As I heard myself say those words, I realized what I was seeing. I then crawled out of bed to try and poke at this moving shadow.

As I moved towards the door it looked like it was on the same side of the door as I was. I moved up to the door when the shadow dissipated like smoke. Immediately struck with fear I left the room to tell my parents what I had just seen. Before I could say anything my mum said "you look like you've seen a ghost". Making what I then spilled out more difficult to say. The next day my grandfather woke up with the whim to see his maternal uncle. This became interesting upon reflection when his mother had died just a fortnight before he came to visit us and he later visited his uncle, who was also his mother's brother the next day. Also interesting was the items in my room that were shaking were in fact objects that previously belonged to her, including old wooden boxes (I believe two wooden boxes were actually opening and shutting by themselves).

As you may remember from the beginning of this story the noise started on her kitchen dresser. I decided to post my story when I read a story similar to mine on this website in which a shadow with the same description as the one I saw with no defined shape. But roughly the same size as an average person also had a red eye which interests me as I remember being at my other great grandmothers 150 year old house in south west NSW. I remember in the middle of the night what looked like a red eye was looking at me from outside the house, about one foot from the window. As I was a 6 year old, I slept in the same room as my great grandmother on that night, I felt safe enough with her to not to tell anyone. (She was oblivious to the whole thing as she was asleep) But as I type this up I feel chills up my spine in the way it watched me for an extended period of time of what seemed like at least a half an hour. And perhaps this red eye was one in the same as the shadow that noisily held my attention in my own bedroom. I would be interested if someone else has had a similar experience. Thank you.

Other hauntings by david181920

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, david181920, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Hi David;

I'm very glad to hear things are better. It should be noted that some cases do take time, and I mean even months or years. I'm very frustrated by one I'm hitting hard, but it still remains, although weakened. I'm human, and therefore, I do get discourged at times. The demon will try to return, but by lower level, somewhat infrequent probing and harassmment. Put another way, make your home and personal life 100% repulsive to demons.

Keep up with the Catholic Holy water, and receipt (if Catholic) of the sacraments. Also, use those three names - it will keep it away, or at least blunt its foul attacks.

If you need me, I'm here. JimD
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
David
The reason why you feel better after praying to Saint Michael the ArchAngel is that he is a real being who will come and help you out of any situation. Most of my friends do it and they confess that they actually feel better after. One of my best friends uses red candles when praying to him for protection.
You can go on any catholic website and read the testimonies.
He is a very good being ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Well, JimD.

I respect your opinion, and supremely respect your intent... I guess I just have formed a different definition of "demon" in my head... Maybe I am naive, but if your percentages are accurate... Then I've probably dealt with a couple hundred on my own and am no worse for wear... To me, that does not seem feasible. And even if it is completely accurate, how is it that others I have helped to understand the activity around them are also fine... If we are dealing with pure evil on such a regular basis?

I worked with a group that did battle with a true demonic force... There is no mistaking evil. Physical attacks, poltergeist insanity, followed by life threatening health effects for some of those who participated, were only part of the ordeal.

Tough to forget when your prayer session is interrupted by a house growling at you... Or your prayer leader's head being slammed against a wall. Unfortunately, it enjoyed the challenge too much and has made a few recurring roles since its first appearance in our lives, but not our clients'.

I believe the afterlife has challenges just like our time on this earth... Some spirits need help, but more importantly, many people effected by the paranormal need help... Thank you for your efforts.

Where we differ in opinion, I believe we meet on common ground in helping those we reach. Your commonly prescribed implements are part of our arsenal as well.

God Bless,
Lou
david181920 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-08)
Thankyou everyone for commenting.
JimD: I have followed your advice from the previous story and everything seems to be better. I have occasionally seen very large and dark shadows that seem to drift around the house at night (they always seem to go into the bathroom for some reason). I agree with you that it is probably has played "head games" with me because I often feel "up and down". I swear I often feel immediately better (somehow reassured) after praying to Michael the Archangel. Perhaps this is just a placebo effect. There have been no noises to date except for whatever reason I think it must have come back for a day. It started in the kitchen as a very loud cracking noise (It sounded a lot like a small explosive going of i.e.: dynamite) I assumed something in the kitchen such as the microwave must of somehow been on and it must of exploded or something. But nothing was out of place and nothing had been turned on. This was the first and last time it had happened. And occurred about five weeks ago. I had also heard banging again that particular night but these events only happened on that one particular day and have not happened since. I still however see shadows at least once a week regardless of how much holy water I fling around the house and how much praying I do. I would assume this is a spirit. Thankyou everyone for your help.😊
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Hi Lou;

What I wrote is accurate. I work pro bono, and never accept money. Each case is different, because there are nine choirs (levels) of angels, and each one is unique to itself. They vary in both power and intellect, but are all evil, with the single goal: destruction of humanity. They do have individual differences, but also common themes. I'll explain.

My cure is the same, because 90% + of these stories are demonic. The symptoms are very similar, again and again. So, therefore, is the cure. It is true and fair to say that certain cases take longer to fix, and some require specific responses. A recent example; I have a case now where the Holy water hurt the demon, but the Holy Rosary hurts it even more! Some is gleaned via experience and experimentation (within certain boundaries). However, the fundamentals remain the same.

Dermons goals are first possession and second suicide (and hopefully damnation). The dark shadows, cold spots, etc. Are mere parlor tricks - used to accomplish its foul goal.

Fear, chaos, dark shadows, sudden depression, intrusive (anti religious) thoughts, night time whisperings, etc. Are common on this site and tell tale clear. My responses are boiler plate, but in every application will need to be slightly tweaked, i.e. What weakenes it more. Old George has posted excellent explanations of how they operate: psychological warfare. I hope I've clarified, at least somewhat. God bless you all. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Thanx, man. I wasn't trying to discredit you in any way. But you well know about these self proclaimed demonologists who are just looking for a project & a thrill. & many of them charge! I have NEVER charged for my services. I have cast demons out of places & people both successfully. However if I'm using a church or if I do my ministry at any church or facility they do take offering & give it to me. I also get a pastoral salary annually. But these creeps who aren't the real deal are robbing people in the most sick form. I jotted your address down & if you don't mind would like to swap some stories & maybe get some good advice from you? I'll hit you up. Bless you & yours. Much love.

~LSD~
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Yeah your right. Imams use jinns for good and evil. My dad has one as a guardian. He is a good jinn though. He does not go around possessing and hurting people.
We as a family got accustomed to him being around the house.
Even my grand mother who is a devout christian likes him.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Dear Lou and Bad - thanks! I'm not as crazy as I look! 😉

I appreciate the fact you allowed me to elaborate. It is difficult to get all of what could be said in when time and space is short. I do tend to trim a bit much, so thanks for the patience.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
[at] Rashidah - sorry, that was a case of brain and keyboard not lining up. What I meant to say is that, pre-radicalism, Christians and Moslems were not anathema to each other, and some Moslems turned (and continue to turn) to Christians for exorcisms.

In truth, just about every religious tradition has some sort of exorcism rite, and these all have experiences of success. Not knocking them, but was trying to point out a degree of interreligious cooperation. My linguistical short-cuts did me in. Fr. Makarios in Egypt is a classic example: he does not demand they convert to Christianity, he just helps all who come to him. I think that's great.

Now, there is a belief in Islam, that being the existence and nature of 'djinni'. From what I hear, some imams form associations with these djinni, and occasionally lay people end up possessed as a result of their experiments. In Christianity, we have no such thing as a 'djin' or intermediate non-physical being. We treat them all as either as angelic or fallen-angelic beings. Again, pointing out a difference, that's all.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Old George,
I was very much expecting not to agree with what you were going to explain. But to be honest, I am presently surprised at your beliefs and tend to agree with most of what you said. Thank you for elaborating, I realize this forum doesn't always allow for the depth you've taken the time to dig into this time, some of your previous statements left me, well... Less than inspired. Again, thank you for taking the time.
I assume that when you referenced the "exorcism of Muslims", you meant the priest exorcised demons from Muslims?

Respectfully,
Lou
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Thanks oldgeorge. That made sense, and I always enjoy getting another's viewpont. 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
'In the Middle East, the Orthodox are often called to do exorcisms on Moslems (there is a famous Coptic priest on YouTube, where most of his exorcisms are for non-Christians).'
You know what as an ex muslim myself and having muslim parents I see that statement as very offensive.
How can you excorcise muslims? They do not believe in Christ. And what exaclty are you excorsizing muslims from?
I have witnessed very successful islamic excorcissm from demons. YES FROM DEMONS. I myself took spiritual counsel from Imams (islamic leaders) that actually worked. What makes christain excorcisms different from islamic ones? They both have success stories.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
[at] Lou - demons do not have 'natural rights' to possess us. They can be resisted by anyone, and well should be. This is why, in many cases where a possession occurs, there is a 'seduction' where the person agrees to allow the possession to take place. Remember that the demons do not want it to be obvious, so they will work hard not to be obvious. However, we can see that there are genuine, rare cases of full possess, but many more cases of 'oppression' and torment. The key is to refuse even to entertain their first entries into our lives. The problem is, the more we allow them into our lives, the harder it becomes to remove them.

Anyone can resist them, but those that have gotten deeply into demonic activity can tell you it is a battle to evict them. However, I have never known a case where anyone has lost the battle, except when the person in question simply gave up because it was too much trouble.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
[at] BadJuuJuu- no worries. To a great extent, you are correct about demons looking for weak people. They do not have a 'natural right' to harm us, but do so because we invite them or allow them in. So, they probe and push, hoping for someone to collapse. The problem is much like TB: a strong immune system wards it off for the most part, whereas a weak immune system increases the likelihood of illness.

I don't coach weakness, but I do caution people to come on strong and not to play games with these things, because some of them are very powerful. This is why Christ tells His apostles that some do not come out 'except by prayer and fasting,' meaning a protracted struggle.

At the same time, we need to avoid over-self-confidence, because these things have a wonderful way of tempting us through our fallen nature.

By the way, I'm Orthodox not Roman Catholic, though the two churches share opinions on this issue. I work with some Catholics on this because we can help each other.

Non-Christian cultures, such as Islam and Buddhism, also have the practices of exorcism. In the Middle East, the Orthodox are often called to do exorcisms on Moslems (there is a famous Coptic priest on YouTube, where most of his exorcisms are for non-Christians).

We as Christians believe that God has the real power, and it is more about us learning the spiritual rules to stay away from the demonic and, when we encounter it, bring Christ rather than ourselves. Our faith is that Jesus Christ has the victory, and so the Church bears that victory into the world and helps humanity trample upon the serpent.

In the Orthodox school of thought, demonic forces are primarily battled at the level of temptation and personal discipline, whereas the West has much more of an open battle primarily having to do with witchcraft and summoning of spirits. For example, most Arab Christians would never go 'ghost hunting' like we see now in the West. They want nothing except to get spirits out of their homes.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
JimD, oldgeorge, guys I promis that this isn't meant to be mean or anything, it's just something I've wondered for awhile.
First off, I know next to nothing about Catholocism, I was raised Baptist. When I was Baptist, we were constantly told that we were weak, powerless, at the mercy of Satan and his demons, but for the grace of God. That our only weapon was prayer, and lots of it.
It's my opinion that this sort of attitude leads to problems with the demonic. Demons prefer their prey to be weak, scared, and lacking self-empowerment. They don't bother confident people. The Chrstians that I have known seem to preach weakness, and condemn a sense of strength in oneself. To me, this seems to invite trouble with the diabolical.
Again, I'm not trying to start an argument, I hate arguments. I'm just curious as to the opinion of someone from a Christian faith.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
George,
So, if most activity that occurrs outside the guidelines you have described is demonic; why are people so successful at resisting these forces? I've seen discussions on this site which far outreach the mild activity you describe as human spirit activity, by people of all faiths, as well as those who are faithless.
I personally have experiences regularly and have been for twenty years... Apparently demons are weak and cannot take over the average person? Please explain.

Lou
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Dear Lou,

I've posted on several other stories here what I thought were human apparitions. They do occur, and are real. However, there are certain rules about human apparitions, and then there are demonic apparitions trying to look human. Demons do often try to masquerade as humans to get our trust. It pays to be suspicious.

Human apparitions generally follow several patterns (this is a rough and admittedly partial list):

1) a brief appearance shortly after death.
2) raps or knocks to get attention.
3) very, very soft voices.
4) movement of small or light objects
5) full, complete apparitions which are usually silent or say something briefly.

These are generally categorized by either visits in which nothing is requested, or a requesting visit in which the soul asks for prayer or some restorative act to ease its conscience. Remodelling also seems to disturb souls who are attached to a particular place, but this is usually temporary and a stern admonishment usually ends the activity.

The warning goes that trying to contact the dead, even where they are naturally appearing, can also draw demonic activity. So, one should be careful.

There is another school of thought which has yet to gain universal acceptance that demons can use the souls of the damned as 'decoys' to lure humans into a trap, where a bait-and-switch occurs.

Anyway, I hope this clears up some of the confusion.
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
JimD
I am not trying to be rude or anything for most of my friends are catholic. But you seem to copy and paste the same advise to every problem.
I could be wrong since I have not been on this site as long as you do.
But I am just trying to understand something. I do not want to jump to any conclusions.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Thanks for your input, George. From your postings it appears you are of a similar mindset as JimD when it comes to the paranormal. So to restate my question, can a genuine paranormal experience, NOT be demonic, in your opinion?
Far from versed in scriptures, I do know a little about what is said of who can cross back into our world... Are all entities demonic?...it appears to be the only option with you both.

Lou
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
[at] Lou - JimD is following well-established templates for discerning activity.

Of course, I think that describing the activity and discerning whether the person is having a psychotic episode are two different things. Since we are all dealing with internet postings, we cannot tell if the person writing the story is mentally unbalanced, lying, etc. So, I suppose most folks here make assumptions.

I do know that in 'real life,' JimD and his folks do make a thorough effort to 'debunk.' I was with one of his associates recently, and we began to experience 'activity,' so the first thing we did was look for a natural explanation. We eventually found that the 'spirit knocking' was just a loose attic vent. No jumping to conclusions.

However, constantly questioning the sincerity of people with genuine problems drives them away, since they will more often than not shy away if they get grilled. So, I think most of us here assume that the description is accurate and the activity is not mental illness. At the same time, I generally advocate that people get help from a clergyman, since clergy can handle spiritual activity, but also counsel and refer those with mental issues.

Hope that helps.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
JimD,
I am more than willing to admit I know nothing about what you do, but since knowledge is power, I thought I would ask.
You stated to Princess that all cases are different... With all due respect, then why are all of your diagnosis' the same? From what I have read, if it exhibits traits of what you feel is demonic infestation... It is demonic. If it does not exhibit demonic behavior, it is a demon trying to disguise itself... And is therefore demonic.
So in your opinion, what spirit activity qualifies as non-demonic (for lack of a better term), or benign in nature?

Thanks,
Lou
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Hi Princess;

Many people call themselves that, and haven't got a clue. I know of three other good ones - all from Conneticut. I've been at it for four years. Much is learned by cases, which are all different. A lot involves educating others, and supplying them with sacramentals, which often nip the problem in the bud. If it doesn't, my team and I respond, and help with places, not personal possessions. I'm a lay man, i.e not a Catholic priest, and know my limitations. Funny though, most of what we encounter can be fixed via special deliverance prayers we pray, and properly blessed sacramentals, i.e. By a priest. The enemy knows when the items aren't blessed, by the way. Fair question. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
oldgeorge (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
[at] princessLotus - JimD's a recognized demonologist. No joke. He's the real thing.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
JimD are you a self proclaimed demonologist? How long have you been one? What got you into it? Sorry for the 20 questions but I'm just interested, honestly. Ble4ss you & yours.

~LSD~
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-06)
Hi;

As a demonologist, I must say: It's a demon. Tell tale signs are: fear, chaos, dark shadows, cold spots, night time whisperings, low level harassments, poundings, scratchings, etc.

I strongly recommend getting and liberally using Catholic Holy water - especially at night. Also, the Rosary (& sacraments, not sure if you're Catholic) and the names of Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel, either mentally or verbally, help a lot. Email me, if it gets worse, or slightly better, than a lot worse, which is often tell tale of demonic head games. The goals remain possession and suicide. God bless. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
david181920 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-10)
Thankyou zzsgranny, I had not thought of her actions in this way and that would have been exactly what she would have done to prove her point (she probably thought it was quite funny, I was not amused however). My mum is seeing a medium soon and I intend to go with her because recently there has been some scary stuff going on in our house lately. And maybe the medium will pick it up. As nanna as we called her who was my great grandmother was apparently following my Dad around before he died. I think it may be wise to get into contact with her and see if she wants to tell us anything or to get something of her chest. Thank you for commenting. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
David: I'm sorry, I intended to comment on this story when it was posted but for some reason (age? LOL!) I didn't...I find it interesting that your great-grandmother had been considered "schizophrenic"... (I have a big interest in the debate of whether SOME people are mis-diagnosed, possibly very sensitive to the spirit world)...Maybe what she's trying to do is prove to everyone she really WAS hearing voices, and seeing things others could not, by haunting you and your family!...I don't know, just a guess, but it's definately something I would do!

I agree with Darkness, try to help her move on... Let her know that you believe her now, and maybe she'll go on her own...

Good luck, keep us posted... ❤
kate101 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
I think spirits can move things if thay foces all there energy into what thay are doing. 😊
david181920 (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Thankyou kate101, I find your story interesting, I wonder how this spirit was able to move things while manifesting itself as an apparition. It is simply incredible, it must have been quite a powerful spirit. Thank you for sharing that with me. 😊
kate101 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
I do not Who it was it may have bene my pop he died when I was about 4 and yes he was looking at at me when the stuff was moving

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: