You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Other Family 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Other Family 2

 

Towards the end of my 7th grade year (1998) testing began and I had half days for a few weeks, because of this, my best friend, at the time, would come over everyday after school. Her parents didn't know we had half days and my parents worked until 5 so we would have the house to ourselves for a few hours.

In the living my dad had a 61" TV and a couple recliners, so for the most part, we would hangout there. From the living room you are able to look into my parent's bedroom, the first thing you see walking in is their bathroom and closet to your right. To the left there are 3 little steps going down leading into the actual bedroom. In the living room my mother had hung huge mirrors on the wall parallel to their master bedroom allowing you to look into it if you're sitting on one of the recliner while in the living room. This is where my best friend usually liked to sit. As always that was where she was sitting and I was sitting on the sofa. I got up to use the restroom and upon my return she tells me, "Oh, hey, your dad is home." Dumbfounded I replied, "My dad is home? That's impossible! My dad doesn't get home from work for like another 3 hours." She replied, "No, his home! I just saw your dad in the mirror walking up the steps and walk into the closet! He was dressed in all black." Now, the closet was not a walk-in closet, so I asked her, "Why would my dad walk into the closet? You've seen my parent's closet, it's not a walk-in, and there is no way he was dressed in all black, he has to wear uniforms to work, which you've seen him in, and they're blue." She kind of freaked out but thought I was just trying to scare her but wasn't sure since I looked serious. I seen that she didn't believe me so I replied, "I'm not trying to scare you. You know if my dad would have gotten home he would have came in through the front door and said hi to you before he did anything else. (We always greet our guest before we do anything else, its rude not to!) Look I'll show you he's not here."

I walked to my parent's room, swung open the double doors, and showed her that the room was empty. Shocked, she walked in after me and looked around, only to find the entire room empty and the back door locked from the inside. She was speechless and finally just said, "Well, I guess I was just seeing things!?" I hadn't yet told her about my experiences in the house growing up, so we just left it at that and went back to watching TV.

The following day she came over again after school, only this time we were hanging out in the kitchen. I had to wash the dishes before my mother got home from work because I had forgotten to do so the night before. She got up to use the restroom and when she got back to the kitchen she asked, in a semi confused voice, "What the hell where you doing?"

Me: Ummm, washing the dishes?

Her: No, I meant what were you doing when I was in the bathroom?

Me: Washing the dishes?

Her: No, I heard you, why where you running in and out of the hallway opening and clothing the doors?

Me: What are you talking about? I wasn't, I haven't left the kitchen, and I've been here the entire time.

Her: Oh my god! Really!? Then what did I hear? I think your house is haunted!

Me: Well know that I know that you won't think I'm crazy; I have something to tell you...

That is another story in itself, which I will post soon. Thanks for reading my post! I welcome any and all comments or questions or similar experiences.

Other hauntings by vquinones5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vquinones5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Plausable your friend saw a doppleganger or similiar, It happens and you have to do a double take. But agreed kind of wierd but the spirits seam to be genuine and nice so its all good.

~Shadead 😆
Vellyth1990 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Creepy story.That's happened to me a few times, I would think someone was home and then realize... No one was there o.O
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Good story!, looking forward to what happened after you "confesed" to your friend, LOL:)

CLaudia
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
Wow! This is a really good story lol, but the part about your friend seeing your dad go into the closet is creepy...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: