You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Other Family

Real Ghost Stories

My Other Family

 

When I was about 5 years old, my parents purchased there first home. After we had settled in I began to see a tall dark figure, which looked to be a man standing in the doorway of whatever room I was in. This only happened in the night, all he would do was just stand in the doorway and stair at me, however, he never seemed to mean me any harm in anyway. Some nights, when I didn't see the dark figure, my toys would turn on by themselves, as if someone would be playing with them, there was one toy in particular that would turn on the most, my favorite toy, which I kept under my bed, a plastic Big Bird that you could play learning games on. In the middle of the night I would be woken by Big Bird saying, "lets play pick a color...press the color blue...that is incorrect, try again...you found blue...press the color red...that is correct...and so on". When I would take Big Bird out from under my bed he would stop working altogether, even the next day I couldn't get him to work, I would put new batteries in it but still nothing, only in the middle of the night would he turn on by itself.

As I got older and I was now able to stay home alone more things began to happen, I would constantly see a person out of the corner of my eye, I would hear footsteps or the sound of someone running throughout the house, especially, in the hall right outside my door (this would happen when I would be completely home alone), things would turn on and off on there own, my stuff would be moved or fall off my desk, when I would walk by my brothers room I could see the shape of someone lying on the bed then disappear right before my eyes, I would hear what sounded like a bunch of stuff falling in the next room but yet nothing would be out of place, I also began to hear a woman's voice call my name. Eventually, all of this just became part of my daily life. At this point I had encountered a man, a woman, and a little boy around the age of 6. It didn't seem to bother me anymore and the more I became comfortable with seeing them the more they seemed to take a liking to me. It even got to the point that the dark figure became very protective of me.

When I was about 12, my brother (19 at the time) and I got into a big argument, I got him so mad that he almost hit me (he's never even tried to hit me before that day), he rose his hand as if he was about to swing but then realized what he was about to do and calmed down, then he just walked away from me. That night he (he had already moved out on his own) woke up to not being able to breathe, my brother said that when he opened his eyes he could see a dark figure on top of him, choking him. He tried fighting him off but couldn't, then all of a sudden the dark figure was gone. From that night on he was never able to sleep in that house again. Every time he would try to sleep in this house he would be choked by the same dark figure.

About 4 months later I had gotten really sick with a high fever. In the middle of the night I woke up coughing strongly, I was coughing so bad I was having trouble breathing. When I sat up, I saw a woman standing at the foot of my bed holding a shotgun, pointing it at me. At first, I thought I was seeing things due to me being sick so (still choking) I closed me eyes and reopened them again in hopes that, whatever it was I was seeing, would be gone, however, when I opened my eyes she was still standing there holding the shotgun while I sat in bed coughing and gasping for air. After a few seconds, she slowly began to disappear. The moment she was gone so was my cough and I was once again able to breathe. I laid back down, went to sleep, and the next morning I was no longer sick, everything that was wrong with me disappeared as soon as the woman ghost did. It was as if she took all the bad with her.

Thank you for reading my story I would love to hear any and all comments on my experiences.

This is only the beginning of my life stories and there will be many more to come.

Other hauntings by vquinones5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vquinones5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
That is a good set of experiences I have had simliar to the big bird where my toy car (RC) had no batteries in it but would constantly zoom round under my bed and then stop I would look around nothing there, back to sleep and then it goes off again. Interesting stuff.

Hope to hear more experiences soon.

~Shadead.
vquinones5 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
Thanks james for your post. I do think your right about the mother threatening, whatever it was choking me, with her shotgun.
At this point I have figured out that it is a family of 4 that haunt my house which will be another story that I will post soon.
I have always heard that you should tell a spirit to go into the light but for some reason it never crossed my mind to do so.
I guess I was so used to having them around that I didn't see them as trapped spirits but more as just part of the family.
I no longer live in this house, but we still own the home, my mother now has it as a rental home. Maybe when our tendants move out I will make a trip to the house and try to help them cross over.
Thanks again!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-23)
vquinones5--That's a lot of phenomena you've experienced, and from a very young age.
Whatever else can be said about them, there seems to be a connection between them and choking. I wonder if in the lives of this trio (and maybe more) the woman (mother?) called off a choking with the threat of her shotgun. In other words, when you were ill, she wasn't threatening you but whoever or whatever she "saw" causing the choking.
If you have a belief system that acknowledges spirits being caught in the interim between worlds (which may be what the notion of Purgatory is about), you might invite these spirits to walk into the Light.
You have more stories, you say. Let us hear them. ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: