You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Driving Down the Road

Real Ghost Stories

Driving Down the Road

 

One day I was driving down the road late at night around 11:00pm and my car just shut off, I couldn't see anything because my headlights were off and my flashlight was missing. So I was on a dirt road and decided to see if there was help nearby. I heard foot steps and I turned around but no one was there. I found my flash light on the road and I turned it on and the light was pointing at a tree and I saw the words "heaven is close." Then I started to panic and I guess I passed out or something, and I ended up in my car again and it was turned on. I looked at the clock and it was 2:30am. I was scared out of my wits and dived back to my house in a hurry. I wonder what happened that night, can any of you help me understand this experience?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
Maria_Secretstar9 - please refrain from using all caps when commenting. You can get your point across without yelling at others. This is the only warning you get. Next time you comment in this tone, your comment will be deleted.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
Maria,

In most instances of Time Slips the individual (s) remember what happened to them. They can describe in great detail the places and people they saw. They can also account for the 'time' during their experience.

With UFO's and 'abduction' experiences it is more common to have reports of 'lost time'.

At least that is my rake on what the OP may have experienced.

Respectfully,

Rook
Maria_Secretstar9 (7 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
GOD! WHY EVERYONE IS COMMENTING THAT IT MAYBE A UFO?!?!?! IT MAYBE SOMETHINGELSE! SHE SAID IT WAS 11:00 PM WHEN THE CAR WAS STOPPED & THEN SHE CAME OUT AND SAW THAT WRITING IN THE TREE AFTER SWITCHING ON HER FLASHLIGHT AND THEN SHE GOT INTO THE CAR AND SAW THAT IT WAS 2.30 AM! I am 1000000% sure that it was nothing but TIME SLIP! Obviousely!
LoneDruid (7 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-04)
I think at night near 2:30am such things happen anybody would get badly scared! Maybe it is due to Aliens!
Rosee (5 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-08)
Aliens that abduct us without our consent are evil. The Aliens that ask people if they want to see are good. Like People, don't ever think all Aliens are the same. Not saying I 100% believe in Aliens, I just do a lot of research and reading. I do agree with going and getting Hypnotic Regression though. I would if your story happened to me. Good Luck!
brahmin (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-06)
sometimes in lonely and dark places, we think somebody is following me or behind me. You were frightened due to that this thing can happen...
anjarey (3 stories) (14 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
i think you got scared and blacked out, but somehow managed to get into your car and stayed blacked out for a good while. I would be scared too!
hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
I believe what happened was somebody carved that In a tree, and you did pass out. And someone found you, put you back in your truck, and started it up.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
Lindsay,

The tree graffiti does seem to be a teenage act. Although I must point out maybe it was written by teenagers who had taken a wrong turn many years ago and broke down in the exact same spot you did, waited many hours for assistance and decided to express their irritation on the tree.

My 1st paragraph doesn't really explain any paranormal occurance so let me further add the people who did write Heaven Is Close maybe weren't so lucky in being rescued and protected you against a similar fate.

I know it sounds far-fetched what I have written, but it is just from my point-of-view. Perhaps you could (or have already done so) research the area where this incident took place to see if anyone had an unfortunate ending.

Your post is a great story and I pretty much favour road incidents.

Thank you for sharing,

Lakota73 😊
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
what's up with all the UFO cmts? πŸ˜•
I personally think that it was more the doing of your guardian angel. May if you kept driving something bad would've happened. So I think that it influenced you to fall asleep in order to avoid whatever situation it thought would've been harmful for you. I think that the message "heaven is close" just means that your angel is always close to you... That is my personal opinion of this situation πŸ˜‰

-❀dani
SOSHAUNESSY (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
Wow that sounds pertty creepy, 1st thing that comes to my mind is alien abduction! Passing out is one thing but ending up back in your car is just strange! ❀
AthenaRules (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
It souns more like a vision of some sort to me, I've heard they can be like that.
redraider1997 (5 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
Woah. That is freaky stuff. This sounds crazy, but if you DID have an alien encounter, maybe go to a hypnotist. They could help you dig deep into your mind and find out what happened between 11:00 and 2:30. Hope it helps. God bless 😐
justin102798 (9 stories) (96 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-13)
Metalhed16...Please write about it because I want to compare it with a few experiences I have had with angels. πŸ˜•
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
Hmmmmm...interesting to say the least. Are you still alive? If you are then the tree was probably just teenagers, the rest is up in the air.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
I think the tree wrighting was just some teenagers graffity. The footsteps, rocks falling perhaps? Waking up in your car, passed out from fear in the car. I hope that this comment helped you feel better.
dreem (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
Definitely a guardian angel. A strong one. Think of who was a strong person who loved you, still alive when you were born? That's the most likely, I think. ❀
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
I would have to say you dreamed it. I am also wondering about the missing flashlight. It seems you would have found it quickly if you had merely dropped it on the road.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
If I didn't know better I'd say waking back up in the car with it running fits more with UFO/abduction reports.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+3
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
The part about passing out and ending up in the car-- seems an important piece of the puzzle is missing here. Hard to decide overall on this account with a vacuum like that left completely unfilled.
Anything at all can be inserted there.

And how did the flashlight get onto the road?
Is there a history of fainting here, or was it just a case of being overcome with fear this once? Or was it felt that some other influence caused the reaction?
Any idea how the car was "turned on" later?
Any idea of why it "shut off" in the first place?
Kinda hard to help with so much detail missing.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
I'm going to say your guardian angel may have saved your life... I had a similar experience about a year ago, when I was driving. I think I might have fallen asleep at the wheel or something but when I woke up my car was less than a foot away from a big rest-stop sign!
AstralAnomoly (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-01)
The first thing that came to mind for me was guardian angel...

Made your car stall to avoid dangerous situation, and then perhaps you fell asleep and were dreaming...
Then when you woke up the car worked because the danger had passed.

Angels CAN also come to you in dreams, so you may have been getting a message from your angel in your dream...
your angel could have also had you fall asleep for the amount of time necessary to avoid the danger?
This could be translated in a number of different ways, as our angels work in very mysterious ways sometimes!

Either way... To me, it was a very obvious angel interception in your life!

HOW LUCKY YOU ARE!
❀
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-02-07)
To be honest, this does sound a lot like you fell asleep at the wheel. Hopefully that was not the case, but it is possible. I could also presume that the car stalled, you didn't really want to get out of the car, fell asleep and dreamed that you got out of the car and had this experience. In that case, it could still be something supernatural. Great story, nonetheless! 😊
Cody13Smith (5 stories) (54 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-04)
well "Heaven is CLose" right now to me I think car crashes and murders or some stuff happened on that road but this is coming from a 13 year old boy but that's still freaky
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
How fortunate for you that, while driving down this deserted road, and falling asleep, you didn't run into that tree or the message "Heaven is Close" would have meant something completely different for you. Thanks for the story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
yes I've been through something like that once something was telling me to shine a touch to the ceiling so I did and I saw this writing in a other language and my teacher came and said what on earth are you doing I said look and it disappeared couldn't understand it anyway. I saw what I saw some things you just won't understand. That was on a school trip in wales.
kev england (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-21)
to me it sounds like one of your family members who has died, saved you! your car wouldn't stop for no reason and the light wouldn't point to the tree for no reason
ghost expert (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-02-13)
sounds to me like you fell asleep behind the wheel and had a dream. don't you find it strange that your flashlight was all of a sudden missing, but was found in the road. if it fell out, it wouldn't have worked!
michelle/ emily (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
HEY, don't feel bad it could of happened to anyone even me. But ufo I think not. But I think ghost. Try not to find an answer you'll spend your whole life looking for it. My friend and I had a ghost encounter and let me tell you it can be horrifying!
GOOD LUCK!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
Hey Lindsay, I think that maybe just some doofuses writing foolish stuff on trees. I(personally)do not think it was a "ufo", I mean come on, "aliens" are supposed to be from different worlds(or planets)right....so they wouldn't know our language, so I think they wouldn't have known what to write on the tree and maybe if it was an alien or something like that than don't you think it could've been in a different language? Or who knows I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm not just assuming I'm right as easy as if I knew that it was me who wrote HEAVEN IS CLOSED(which I didn't). It seems that the people here in the bottom(who left you those other comments), are assumming that it was a "ufo scenario", but how can ya'll be so sure? unless yall were there to experience it...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: