You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pressing Down

Real Ghost Stories

Pressing Down

 

This is my first time writing here, but I need help.

I am sorry for my english,it's not my first language.

I live with my mom,dad,and brother in a small apartment.

About a year ago I woke up to my chest being pressed to the bed. I was sleeping on my chest, but something was pressing my back down. When I opened my eyes it stopped and I could move. When I closed them and when I was almost asleep it started again, but I still could move.

I thought that that was maybe my imagination, but then every time I started to fall asleep I would hear whispering. At first I was a bit scared but not too much. Almost every other night I would wake up due to feeling that one of my body parts is being pressed down. When I feel that pressing, I don't feel the hand or the tingling, I feel it like it's some like of force pressing me down. That little night sessions would last about 3-4 days in a week, and the stop for a 2-3 weeks, and then come back. Every time it's different.

I also noticed every time that pressing would happen, I wake up around 1am laying on my back, then I turn on my side, and then I wake up around 3am on my stomach feeling the pressing down. I wasn't scared after the second time happening, I knew if I feel scared that it would do me no good, but once when I woke up, I wasn't scared but that presence, it was like it was forcing me to be scared. In my mind I wasn't scared, but I could feel forced feeling of scared in my chest, and it was weird.

A few weeks back it was a very light pressing and then it stopped but this night it was the most aggressive one. I woke up this time around 3am on my back, I knew what was happening but I thought that it would be light pressing. I turned on my side and then I woke up due to the feeling of jumping on me? I first felt it on my wrists, then my butt (sorry), then I felt it again on my wrists, it was like somebody was jumping on me. I opened my eyes and ofcourse It was nothing, and I decided to stay awake, but I felt light pressing on my legs.

When I was again almost falling asleep, I felt pressing on my back and heard whispering again. It was around 4 am, so I turned on my back, still in dream like state and whispered back who is it. I didn't think that that it would reply but they whispered back so aggressive that I couldn't understand. I try to ask what is it that they want but the pressing started again, and the only thing I could understand is destroy, and when I wanted to open my eyes I couldn't! I could move, and talk but I could't open my eyes. Soon it stopped, I was relieved and I just passed out.

When I woke up, I was feeling that scared feeling, and I still am in my chest, but the thing is I am not scared. Every time that it would happened I wake up feeling exhausted...

Can anybody tell me what is going on?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mimi_mi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Sroy (4 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-05-30)
In semi sleep or about to sleep condition lot of things can happen when different nerves get pressed due to problems in spine and central nervous system. Probably you are a student and studying long hours can lead to bad postures. Please check with an orthopedic to see your cervical area is all fine. I use to have all kinds of sensatios when about to fall asleep, including numbness tingling even feeling of body shaking and fuzzy voices in my ears until I found I had slip disc causing my nerves to get pinched in sleep posture, diagnosed by orthopaedic doc. So before being sure it's paranormal activity just rule out some nerve problem.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-14)
Hello Mimi_mi, I agree with others. Better do talk to your parents. And it is good that you are not scared. That is a good part. Secondly, it could be sleep paralysis or a vivid dream where you would be able to move. So it is better to rule out the sleep/dream disorder before turning towards paranormal.

Please discuss with your parents, try to have a session with a sleep therapist.

Also try to change the place and position of your bed, if you haven't tried already.

After having tried seeing sleep therapist and other suggestions given by me and others, if it still persists, better try cleansing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WisconsinLady (1 stories) (52 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Hi Mimi_mi,
I agree that you should talk to your parents. Talking with a sleep specialist would be a good idea, just in case it's not paranormal.
I've felt pressure on my chest and legs in bed when I haven't been sleeping enough.

Something that might help:
When I'm feeling negative/unsettled while laying in bed, I close my eyes and picture a big ball of white, bright, positive, loving light/energy by my stomach. And then I imagine that ball expanding all around me. I'm not sure why, but it feels like a protective shield of positive energy. I always feel better after I do that. Perhaps try that next time you start to feel pressure and see if it helps (after you talk to your parents first, of course 😉). ❤
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-13)
Hi, Mimi_mi,

You might be familiar with something called sleep paralysis, where you wake up, but part of your brain is still dreaming. What is experienced in that state is so vivid and scary that it's actually nicknamed the 'sleep demon.' And chest pressure can happen too. Of course I don't know, but just putting that possibility out there. Like the others have said, I would talk to your parents about this, because no matter what is causing it, you shouldn't have to be suffering like this.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-12)
Because you are a teenager, I have to agree that this is something that should be brought to the attention of your parents first. If they dismiss you, then maybe I, and other members, would feel more comfortable giving you our opinions. Ditto with Ladyglow - your English is pretty good. I know it is harder to write than to speak.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-05-12)
Hello Mimi_mi.

Your English is very good. In my opinion, you could start by talking to your parents about these events, perhaps you need to get checked by a sleep specialist before assuming your problems to be paranormal.

It's hard to know what is going on without further information. Would you be willing to answer any questions that the members of the forum may ask?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: